I'm going to install heated seats.

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm going to install heated seats. I like to keep the top down when the weather is a little cold but warm enough especially with heated seats and in Ohio almost every night in the summer is never really hot at night so heated seats are a big plus. I bought them from heaterseats.com for like $100 each and I've installed them in my porsche and theyre great.

Can you remove the seats without disconnecting the battery? I know in my porsche if you disconnect the seats without disconnecting the battery the airbag light comes on and cant be reset , only by the dealer. I think you might be able to as the seats arent power in the viper and probably dont have any wires connected to them.

Has anybody else done this before? Any tips would be appreciated.

Where do you think I should mount the seat buttons? I have the painted center console (VCA special edition car) so it wont be there.

OKFireChief

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I removed the seats from two of my Gen 2 cars (99 RT/10 and 02 GTS). I installed Gen 3 seats. No lights, no problem with the Gen 2 Viper.

I have a 06 VOI 9 car. Let me know how the seat heaters work. Thanks! Jon :)

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I drive my '04 Viper with the top down in temperatures as low as 35 F. To drive it comfortably below 45 F I find wearing driving gloves takes care of the only cold one would feel - the right hand on the steering wheel (I drive with hands at 1 and 9). You could get by with one glove if comfort were your only concern.

Running the heater in mid/floor provides plenty of comfort down to 35F excepting that one hand - if you drove with your right hand between 4 and 6 on the wheel you might be fine without any gloves at 35.

Last edited:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to install heated seats. I like to keep the top down when the weather is a little cold but warm enough especially with heated seats and in Ohio almost every night in the summer is never really hot at night so heated seats are a big plus. I bought them from heaterseats.com for like $100 each and I've installed them in my porsche and theyre great.

Can you remove the seats without disconnecting the battery? I know in my porsche if you disconnect the seats without disconnecting the battery the airbag light comes on and cant be reset , only by the dealer. I think you might be able to as the seats arent power in the viper and probably dont have any wires connected to them.

Where do you think I should mount the seat buttons? I have the painted center console (VCA special edition car) so it wont be there.

Unless you drive around wearing ass-less chaps then you'll be just fine keeping your rear warm on Viper seats.

OP
OP
P

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I already bought the seat heaters, so theyre goin in. They are a must have in an convertible in Ohio IMO.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck, would you care to comment on this?:D

LOL

I am so misunderstood. There is nothing wrong with modding your own Viper with these little creature comforts. It's when the manufacturer does it forcing everyone to have them that I have a problem with it.

Enjoy the AFTERMARKET heated seats. :2tu:

snakebitdave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drive my '04 Viper with the top down in temperatures as low as 35 F. To drive it comfortably below 45 F I find wearing driving gloves takes care of the only cold one would feel - the right hand on the steering wheel (I drive with hands at 1 and 9). You could get by with one glove if comfort were your only concern.

Running the heater in mid/floor provides plenty of comfort down to 35F excepting that one hand - if you drove with your right hand between 4 and 6 on the wheel you might be fine without any gloves at 35.

I don't think you have to make THAT drastic of a move. Try putting your hands at 1:30 and 9:30 instead of 4 and 6. That should do it.)

DII

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Winter weather or not, the absolute LAST thing I need in my Vipers' interior is more heat!! lol

I have to run my AC once she's warmed up if I'm not on the highway.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score

NEVER IN MY LIFE WOULD I HAVE EVER THOUGHT
I WOULD SEE THIS POST, LMAO.:firedev:

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would have to agree with the post above.............................:omg:

I have heated/cooled seats in my lincoln.......there great.......

My viper is the hottest damn car inside I have ever driven...............cooled seats maybe...
heated seats......:mad:

I have a nice 2003 factory exhaust w/crossover pipes for sale, interested?

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
IMHO,

If you are so cold that you think you need heated seats (heater works fine for me), be careful, as the pavement is likely too cold to be driving your Viper.

Dan

V

Venomiss

While you are thinking about the heated seats why not join us? Gets you all kinds of goodies on this site and Viper Magazine along with the ability to purchase raffle tickets for the 2008 ACR. The one that was on the cover of AutoWeek.:)
If you join before January 31st you could possibly buy the tickets.
If you are interested please call 1800-998-1110 and ask for Beth or Kim.

VCA Joining/Renewal Message - Introducing PayPal!

You can now renew your VCA Membership in one of 3 ways:
1) Via our new PayPal option at Dodge Viper Magazine
2) by calling Viper Headquarters at 1-800-998-1110 or
3) by mailing us your check or money order. If you choose to use the new PayPal option, you will need your full 17 digit Viper VIN to complete the renewal process. Simply log onto Dodge Viper Magazine .

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMHO,

If you are so cold that you think you need heated seats (heater works fine for me), be careful, as the pavement is likely too cold to be driving your Viper.

Dan
He is talking about driving w/ the top down. I drive my Viper all the time in weather that is below freezing. I do this b/c if the temp gets above 40 in the winter, the snow and ice melts...meaning wet roads and a dirty ass Viper. But if the temp stays around freezing or below the snow does not melt and the streets are dry, and if it is a clear day...it means for some nice driving...and crazy power. I let my tires warm up a good 25 min b4 any spirited driving, and I only do spirited driving in straight-aways (black ice and all).

OP
OP
P

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
venomiss,
I have been thinking about joining, especially cause I have the same car in your avatar VCA #49 of #50. I just kinda feel like I'd be paying the money just to join and not get much, cause I have never tracked one of my cars so probably wouldnt use the vca club days. I personally wouldnt enter the raffle, I am not very lucky , well I am lucky in many ways but not when it actually comes to luck. So I guess I'd be paying just to support the viper nation. What does the money go towards? But I've been kicking it around... :)

Black Mamba, yea your right the heated seats would be mostly for top down driving. In the summer I like to have the top down almost everyday unless raining. The viper's heater is warm enough in the winter, but when the top is down I think every convertible should have heated seats unless you live in Florida and not Ohio. :)

Last edited:
V

Venomiss

venomiss,
I have been thinking about joining, especially cause I have the same car in your avatar VCA #49 of #50. I just kinda feel like I'd be paying the money just to join and not get much, cause I have never tracked one of my cars so probably wouldnt use the vca club days. I personally wouldnt enter the raffle, I am not very lucky , well I am lucky in many ways but not when it actually comes to luck. So I guess I'd be paying just to support the viper nation. What does the money go towards? But I've been kicking it around... :)

:)

Where does that money go. For a regular membership.
About half goes toward Viper Magazine-that you get a subscription to when joining.
The other half goes to your local area club(I don't know where you are located at?)
Local clubs offer all kinds of different things. As an example here in KC we have a free Dyno Day, Ladies night, and offer discounts for different events we host. You get your money's worth and meet other Viper owners from your area.

A small amount about 10-11 dollars goes to the VCA. VCA pays JRT to handle the memberships, raffles, rendezvous, and VOI's. VCA also pays towards charities(Luke Airforce Base) and helps with Viper Days. There's probably some I am forgetting.
The majority of the VCA's money comes from the raffles and Venom membership.
Venom members pay a bit more and the extra goes back to support the VCA even more.
VCA pays for this website-so you would help support this site.;)

When you join you get Viper magazine, ability to enter the raffles, many extra perks on this site, and discounts from vendors for being a VCA member.

Plus I can tell you who has 50.:D

OP
OP
P

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hey guys wanted to let you know the heated seats were installed. My local stereo shop did them and my corsa exhaust, they owed me a favor as I let them use a few of my cars for a commercial they were shooting ;)

The buttons are inside the console, nice and hidden away. The seats look just the way they were before. You cant even tell they were are there except when you need them. By the way I found I've already been using them, its really cold here but the roads are clean so I got to drive it today. I really got the heated seats for summer nights as summer nights in Ohio are always maybe 60 degrees, we never get Hot nights, and I love to keep the top down all summer. But I found I've been using the heated seats for the first 5-10 mins in the winter until the cockpit warms up then I can turn them off. However my girlfriend kept her seat on the whole time and never turned it off lol.

BTW I think I'm the first person to ever do this in a viper!!! You can get them at heaterseats.com :)

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960