Injector clips.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When installing the new injector clips is it possible to cross up the wires?

Are they specific to a certain post on the injector or not?

John

Bill B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you mean put the wire on the wrong injector or put the plug on upside down? You can put it on the wrong injector. You can't fit the wire on up side down.

OP
OP
J

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was referring to putting the wrong wire in the wrong hole in the clip. There are 2 wires and 2 holes in the clip. I realize the clip can only fit 1 way, but was wondering if the wires could be crossed - say put the green wire in the left hole when it should be in the right hole.

I will just pay close attention when removing the old clips and do them one at a time.

KWIK96

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have had a look at the cct diag of my 96RT, and one side(wire) of the injector is always hot (when the ignition is on) and the other side(wire) handles the earth/ground connection to complete the cct and work the injector. This earth/ground comes from the PCM.
I would not advise mixing these wires. This is a DC cct.
Hope this helps.
Would be interested to know how you ended up needing to change these, as you are really messing with the wiring loom here and it's a bit out of the norm?
:usa:

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 10 injector wires are numbered 1 - 10. You probably can't see the numbers attached to the wires under the intake manifold.

OP
OP
J

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had a look at the cct diag of my 96RT, and one side(wire) of the injector is always hot (when the ignition is on) and the other side(wire) handles the earth/ground connection to complete the cct and work the injector. This earth/ground comes from the PCM.
I would not advise mixing these wires. This is a DC cct.
Hope this helps.
Would be interested to know how you ended up needing to change these, as you are really messing with the wiring loom here and it's a bit out of the norm?
:usa:

the injector clips have been the culprit for many people having intermittent breakups thruout the rpm range. Those clips are also included with the Roe s/c to try and combat any missing that may occur from a poor injector connection.

I am just trying to rule out these as my misfire culprit and they are really not to hard to change once I got into it.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no polarity issue, therefore, either wire make-up will work. I would suggest having a few extra connectors just incase you error when crimping

OP
OP
J

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thankfully Sean did send a few extra metal connectors. It took me about 3 to get the hang of it, but the hard part was pushing the dang clip on the injector. These things are definetly secure.

Mike Adams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you do I personally solder every one of them to make sure a good connection. You don't have a Roe blower do you ? You will not be able to pull the connectors through the intake when you are done it you have stock intake

OP
OP
J

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see what you are saying Mike. I am SOL if I want to take the stock intake off since the clips won't fall thru the rails.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960