Installed New Pedals

Discussion in 'RT/10 and GTS Discussions' started by Luisv, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Luisv

Luisv Viper Owner

So I've been wanting to upgrade the pedals on the car but could not find anything decent. So during my search I came across a company that made Porsche pedals. When I called him to see if we could do something custom he tells me he was a Viper owner in the past and had some designs done for them! Even better he had a set for the GTS done! The company is SRP Racing. They are machined in the USA by them. Great pedals!

I got the following set. The brake and clutch are identical with an aggressive pattern on the tread. It is impossible to slip off the pedals. The accelerator is dead smooth with the heel/toe extension. The smooth finish lets you slide your foot on the accelerator pedal. A some for heel / toe driving. While I have not tracked the car, I can tell you it was awesome to drive on mountain roads in Virginia.

The pedals...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The pedal surface detail. The nibs are very sharp and they work perfectly to eliminate all slippage concerns.

[​IMG]

Not going to get into a huge amount of detail but let's just say I took a great deal of care to get alignment perfect. I did it with bright masking tape so I could see it through the pedal's holes. I then clamped the pedals in place. From there I marked (with a punch) and drilled a pilot hole on the brake and clutch. I then drilled the hole to the required size and bolted them in place. On the accelerator I aligned and drilled pilot holes for the screws (wood screws provided). I then placed two face molding tape on the pedal and then screwed it down. Between the tape and screws, it's not moving.

This is a shot showing how I used the tape.

[​IMG]

Below is the shot of the installed pedals..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mmcc269

mmcc269 Enthusiast

Very cool... Thanks for sharing! I like the design and the smooth gas peddle. How much?

3. Luisv

Luisv Viper Owner

The pedals ran about $120 shipped. Until just recently, the other pedals I had been looking at where made by Ultimate Pedals. They just dropped their prices. They used to be in the $200 range. Now I guess the volume has dropped off and so have prices. When I bought these I was getting a cost over $200.

4. dave6666

dave6666 Enthusiast

What type of screws attaches them? I would assume on the brake and clutch they are machine screws with nuts on the back, but what goes in to the plastic gas pedal? And did the location of the screws interfere with the webbing and linkage on the back of the gas pedal? Those do look good.

5. bluesrt

bluesrt Viper Owner

looks like they attach from sides of pedal with no drilling

6. Dom426h

Dom426h Viper Owner

Very nice looking and fuctional. Good find Luisv. Thanks for posting this thread. Im sure SRP Racing will be thanking you in the future for all the calls they will be getting for Viper pedals. I'll prob order a set if i have some spare cash after the holidays.

7. dave6666

dave6666 Enthusiast

Umm kaa. Better lay off the shine when posting. This here be the technical area.

8. bluesrt

bluesrt Viper Owner

looke here 0000 get back to clunker n hush up- and stop asking common sense questions

9. Sybil TF

Sybil TF Viper Owner

Tee he he he ^^^^^:rolaugh: You two!!

Those pedals look great but I think you need some nicer floor mats to match. The ones you have now look like a bath tub non slip mat. No offense.

10. mattdillon

mattdillon Viper Owner

These are for a GTS? What's the difference between these & the ones for an RT/10?

11. Luisv

Luisv Viper Owner

The screws on the accelerator are countersunk wood screws. They are about 3/4 inch long if I recall. The screw right into the plastic but not far enough to bother the linkage and spring behind the pedal. I put some good two face tape behind the pedal as well. Between the thin foam tape and screws it is on there very well.

12. Luisv

Luisv Viper Owner

There is none. I simply mention the GTS b/c it's my car. Pedals are the same.

13. dave6666

dave6666 Enthusiast

Well blu, who's the smart one now?

Anyway, thanks to the OP for the reply / explanation. The double sided tape is a great idea. I have some 2" wide stuff laying around so I'm all set.

14. bluesrt

bluesrt Viper Owner

you seem to be the winner!!!!! wich trailer park do you want me to send you your trophy?:D

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  15. dave6666

dave6666 Enthusiast

One that has no grammar or spelling rules would get you in.

16. bluesrt

bluesrt Viper Owner

lol.............

Lol.........

17. Sybil TF

Sybil TF Viper Owner

Wood screws and double sided tape? With some of you guys with duck feet somehow I don't think it will stay put!:rolaugh:

18. VIPER GTSR 91

VIPER GTSR 91 Viper Owner

Be glad the Gen 2 had somewhat decent pedal spacing for proper heel toeing at the track as the Gen 4 really lacks this. The pedals are too close. Lets hope they get it right in the new model. Mazda and Lotus are a perfect example of how they should be.

19. dave6666

dave6666 Enthusiast

TommyFox. Whaddup.

20. Sybil TF

Sybil TF Viper Owner

Te he he. Say hello to the the Finster for me!!!