Insurance Question

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I encountered some fascia damage from a piece of concrete thrown up from a car in front of me. It just touched the left side of the fascia near the driving lamp but it did crack the fascia in a 1 inch region.

My question is would this be under comprehensive or collision. I ask as I have a high deductible collision coverage. Not sure what the deductible is for comprehensive but it may be zero.

If needed I can post a picture as the damage is clearly from road debris and not a vehicle.

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have State Farm Ins. & even though I was driving the car when it caught on fire it was insured under comprehensive. Check with your agent.

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
General rule is if the object you hit was stationary on the concrete it is collision. If the object was moving through the air, or bouncing on the pavement, it is comprehensive.

Good Luck,
Lance

OP
OP
C

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. It was moving. I watched it rise from the rear tire from the car in front and then heard the "thwack."

I was doing about 120 to 140 at the time so no chance to move to the side. All legal of course (Chelea PG on a parade lap).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery