Is it true that the VCA presidents are getting the first SRTs?

blkasp1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it true that the VCA presidents are getting their cars in first batch of SRTs? What about the VCA officers who have ordered more than one SRT? Will they recieve delivery on ALL their cars before us "PEONS"?

OP
OP
B

blkasp1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, and what are the odds of Dodge/VCA trying to penalize me for bringing this to everyones attention? Any bets on if i will get one of the LAST cars? It seems like they already are playing favorites!!!

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blkasp1, I'm sure there aren't any "PEONS" with Vipers but I know
that only a few folks can live on the peak of the mountain. Life
isn't fair and if you don't believe it,ask the people who weren't even offered a chance to get one. Not to flame you or side with the lucky first few just my humble opinion.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by blkasp1:
Oh, and what are the odds of Dodge/VCA trying to penalize me for bringing this to everyones attention? Any bets on if i will get one of the LAST cars? It seems like they already are playing favorites!!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where did you hear that VCA officers get first dibs? Are you making stuff up now just to create a scene? The last I witnessed this much whining was at the beach last week when a 3 year old was told he can't get a lollipop! He threw a tantrum eclipsed only by that which you are throwing now.

NO IT IS NOT TRUE THAT VCA OFFICERS GET THE FIRST CARS. If you're not getting factual information, please don't yell "FIRE" in a crowded theater and cause frustration.

I kinda hope they do bump you down the list a little.. the only criteria I would be in favor of is "whiners get their cars last".

OP
OP
B

blkasp1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike,

I was given that information by fiona at viper headquarters. Tony Estes also told me the same thing. I think I deserve an apology!

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by blkasp1:
Mike,

I was given that information by fiona at viper headquarters. Tony Estes also told me the same thing. I think I deserve an apology!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think you do - because you've been whining all over the board about this!

I have heard the opposite. I know a couple of folks who would like it to be that way but have been told it isn't.

Even if it IS, so what? They don't get paid to be officers - and the ones I know work very hard. So since you don't put the time in that they do, we are all "peons". I think YOU owe DC an apology!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Back in 1996, a precedent was set when Dodge rewarded presidents who had early-ordered a GTS with an early release. But not all early releases were VCA-related at all.

The build order was actually Pres, VP, Secty Treas, then alphabetical, Alcazar - Wells (I think!)

No members whined. Early Presidents worked hard to set up this club, and earned that perk. Now, the perk may be continuing.

If the VCA pres gets an early car, the members who elected / honored her or him will certainly see, ride, drive, share in some way...... dont you think?

Not all early 2003s will be VCA either: Motorsports involvements may come first! Does anyone know Terrence W, Michael M., or Don L. ?

Want the perks? Do the works. Have you helped your VCA today?

Those VCA folks (or non) who own 2-3 Vipers might have ordered 2-3 SRT/10s. As the 'rules' stated in the order program. Your avtar does not even say you are a member / owner ???

OP
OP
B

blkasp1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike,

According to JonB, It looks like i just might be right. As far as it being fair...not even close!!! Let me put it to you this way, I live in a condo, we have a elected board of directors. What if they started getting preferential treatment from vendors/employees of the building? They also put in many hours of hard work. In my state, they can go to jail!!!

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Do you have a 2003 on order or just trying to stir the ***?

If you do have a 2003 on order, did you complain when only orig. owners that still had their Viper were given the opportunity to get a 2003? Did you have such righteous indignation for those that didn’t qualify for a cert?

And no, I haven’t heard if this is the policy.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
blkasp,

I don't know what to say to you. I don't think you will be satisfied with ANY answer.

I stated in another post that I heard there were "factors" going into the decision... you got all bent out of shape. It is ANY company's policy to give cars to places and people that they feel will help exposure. I know a few folks who are high on the list - not because the are a friend of someone at DC, but because their getting a car earlier would be a benefit to DC. For example (and this is JUST an example), wouldn't it be nice to give a car or two to Skip Barber - he gets TONS of people driving them. Isn't that better for DODGE than giving a car to Joe Smith first? Of course it is. Would you rather have a guaranteed 2003 with a random build date, or have been forced to join the feeding frenzy and pay &gt;MSRP like the other people you would be bidding against?

All Dodge OWES you is a car, produced some time in the 2003 model year. Anything beyond that is just gravy. How many VCA officers are there? How many ordered SRT's? 20? 30? Will it REALLY affect you if 30 or 40 cars are diverted? Just be happy that you're getting what you're getting... when did GM ever do this for the Vette guys? Or Ford? Only Ferrari I have heard of doing this before.

I'll say it again - I think ANY system in which you are not near the front of the line will be considered *by you* to be unfair. What's fair to you is unfair to someone else. They can't please everyone. You are one of those that can't be pleased - BUT - there is N O T H I N G you can do about it, so you just have to learn to live with it. Agreed?

RS27J9A

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blackas s
Wah wah wah wah. Get a grip!
rolleyes.gif

OP
OP
B

blkasp1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To answer your question,

I have been a member of the VCA since 1995 and I do have a SRT on order. As far as me being satified, If dodge did it in any RANDOM way, I would have never complained. What I do have a problem with is Dodge/VCA giving preferential treatment to a select few. If #S were drawn out of a hat, i would have been satisfied.

RS27J9A

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guess us north of the boarder always expect to be next to last. Key is to get on your dealer and distribution people at mother mopar. I toured the plant in 96 and found my GTS in final testing. Canadians couldn't pick up at the factory and only three Canadian designated cars were complete at the time. They wanted me to wait for a full truck(6). Two weeks of phone calls to anyone and everyone at Chrysler and completing the deal with my dealer and having a registration for a vehicle which neither of us had seen I picked the car up at the van plant in Windsor.
bounce.gif

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To answer your question,

I have been a member of the VCA since 1995 and I do have a SRT on order. As far as me being satified, If dodge did it in any RANDOM way, I would have never complained. What I do have a problem with is Dodge/VCA giving preferential treatment to a select few. If #S were drawn out of a hat, i would have been satisfied.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So can we assume you will be stepping up to the plate and becoming one of the "select few"????

Please post details of your upcoming event ASAP because I would like to attend and benefit from the all the hard work and planning I am sure you are bound to be doing.

Or are you all talk?

OP
OP
B

blkasp1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike,

I am not sure what you mean by that last post. I can tell you one thing, If i was an officer of the VCA, I certainly would not accep any benefit/special treatment that any regular member would not recieve.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike,

I am not sure what you mean by that last post. I can tell you one thing, If i was an officer of the VCA, I certainly would not accep any benefit/special treatment that any regular member would not recieve.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What I mean is that if you feel you are being excluded from a group, it is within your power to become part of that group - so if it bothers you, then you can volunteer and get the same treatment.

You are thinking about it the wrong way - it is not a "special perk" being given to a few anointed ones as you appear to think - there is a definite advantage to having VCA officers get their cars first isn't there? So it's not unfair preferential treatment, it is a wise decision by DC.

But there is no sense in arguing this - I am going to leave it where it stands. JonB said it best - welcome to the US of A. If it bothers you, I am sure Chevy would be happy to take your money for a 2003 Corvette instead. Also, you are free to enter the free market and buy the first SRT that goes on sale on eBay or on this site - then you can have one of the first SRT's and let the ultimately fair practice of capitalism set the price for you.

Or does "fair play" only apply when in your favor?

OP
OP
B

blkasp1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You actually belive it is fair that the presidents are getting their cars first? How would you feel if your city comissioners/senators recieve perks for their many hours of dedicated service? Those are the ones who get disbarred/imprisoned!I guess I just have ethics!

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You actually belive it is fair that the presidents are getting their cars first? How would you feel if your city comissioners/senators recieve perks for their many hours of dedicated service? Those are the ones who get disbarred/imprisoned!I guess I just have ethics!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

the difference is they are paid to do that job. The VCA guys are volunteers

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

blkasp,

That's different... there is a difference between a kickback and a perk. My mom works at a local bank - I don't pay anything for my checking accounts or money orders - is that fair? I even give perks to some of my own customers - hell, I do 10% off for VCA members. Is that fair?

As for your question, YES I think it is fair that they MAY get their cars first. And you know what - they aren't even getting them first so you're wrong to begin with. They may get them sooner (MAY) but they are not 'first'.

Do YOU really think it's fair that Dodge should NOT do what is best for THEM to conform to some silly notion of "fairness" that a VERY VERY VERY few people seem to feel makes it unfair for them to do what is best for DC?

If you elect someone who acts in bad faith - you can vote them out. Sorry, DC is not a democracy - it is a corporation. Maybe you could "vote" with your dollars and cancel your order? Or if you are a shareholder, sell your shares? What else can you do? What does complaining about it on here do for you? Nothing that is helping you, I can assure you.

OP
OP
B

blkasp1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
craig,

we are not talking 2-3 days. It couldbe a difference of 6 to 7 months if you recieve one of the last cars allocated.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
craig,

we are not talking 2-3 days. It couldbe a difference of 6 to 7 months if you recieve one of the last cars allocated.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

c'est la vie,

but since you don't know when your car will be built how do you not know it's not gonna get scheduled 6-7 months down the road anyway. The "perks" cars would be like 2-4% of total pruduction, how likely would it be that they bump your car? Unfortunately, for the most part it's out of your hands, besides teh later produced cars have a habit of being higher quality etc...

OP
OP
B

blkasp1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i do not look at it that way. The bottom line is the "higher-ups" are getting special treatment. The sad thing is i have recieved so many emails from people who feel the same way but are afraid to anger the "DODGE GODS" and be retaliated against!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
,,,,,,,The bottom line is the "higher-ups" are getting special treatment. ....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Welcome to reality.

IF the VCA officers get cars first, they paid for them. In addition, many perform a yeoman's role in helping sell Vipers and increase the enjoyment of Viper owners. (The opposite of what you are doing.)

Their sponsors provide this beneficial site for you to whine on.

With one salary-paid VCA regional officer exception, they pay dues and toil for free, for the good of Dodge and VCA members like you. Had it not been for the VCA you would not even been able to order a car. Brokers with the $$$ would have Dealer's preference, as in 1992(before you could drive.) Many dealers and brokers and some Dodge execs dislike 'VCA first' ......

Before you could drive, we VCA co-founders fought hard to get the VCA recognized officially by Dodge so that you were even ALERTED to the order process.

You had a funded office where you can even Talk AT ALL to a caring, member-responsive lady like Fiona in the first place.

You have an order AT ALL because of the VCA. Your whining and wailing here should be praise and thanks. You are almost 26 years old now.....grow up to reality in the USA: "Higher-Ups Get Special Treatment." Why not volunteer, give your time, effort, sponsorship, seek higher-up office......anything but this incessant, juvenile, and paranoid woe-is-me whining.
Thank You

JonB~~~~~~~:&lt;~

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by JonB - PartsRack on 08-26-2002 at 08:44 PM</font>

OP
OP
B

blkasp1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How dare you bring up age? What does that have to do with this? By the way, when do you expect your 2003? For some strange reason, i have a feeling you will be getting one of the first cars. It does not take a genius to figure out why you are trying to protect your interests!

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike Brunton:

If you're not getting factual information, please don't yell "FIRE" in a crowded theater and cause frustration.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A true classic.....
rofl.gif

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK - kept quiet long enough.... Since I was not even ELIGIBLE to get a 2003, I think I can speak about this subject rather objectively.

VCA members were first offered information on how to obtain a certificate. Even though certificates were technically offered to anyone that was an original owner of a Viper and still owned it, how would they have known quickly? You knew because of the VCA and THIS SITE. Therefore, you are already receiving special treatment just because you are a VCA member. So, I expect you'll be turning in your certificate, since that seems to be taking advantage of your "position" and you'll be in front of the non-VCA member "PEONS"...

Anyway, I think that if Dodge gives the VCA Presidents early cars it is for a very specific reason. VCA Presidents are the most likely to display the car, show it off to the public and be most accomodating if a dealership has a request for a 2003 to showcase for the weekend, for example. Dodge knows that they have some of the strongest Dodge and Viper supporters in the Presidents and can / have and will use them as an extended Marketing arm. it only makes sense to have some early cars go to folks that will coopoerate with Dodge and help spread the enthusiasm.

And lastly, most VCA presidents spend a WHOLE LOT of time and effort promoting the car and the club. We enjoy the people (well, most of the people) and if the blood, sweat and tears we put into this club are recognized by Dodge, then so be it. it's nice to have someone say "Nice job" once in a while. And let's face it - the 20 or so club presidents (and they are all not getting 2003s obviously) have no real impact on your car.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How dare you bring up age? What does that have to do with this? By the way, when do you expect your 2003? For some strange reason, i have a feeling you will be getting one of the first cars. It does not take a genius to figure out why you are trying to protect your interests! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1) Age and maturity shows, that's why. So does the lack of it. I answered your naive whining questions. Grow Up.

2) I am not a VCA officer (since 1999), and not a VCA regional president either. I still hope for an early car because -ADULT REALITY CHECK- Dodge likes the public exposure of my Pace Car work at PIR, SIR, and Thunderhill and numerous charity activites that help showcase the car. (Along with my other "Official Vehicles" that are all-Dodge.) UNFAIR ! How DARE they !!

3) Michelin even pays for tires sometimes. UNFAIR !! UNFAIR !!!!! WAaaahhh. Most OTHER VCA guys have to pay for tires. How UNFAIR ! Wanna talk brake pads? UNFAIR !

4)I answered all your questions truthfully, and you then attack ME ! UNFAIR ! ""You Can't HANDLE the Truth!"""

5) I waited 1989-1993 for my first. June 1995-June 1996 for GTS.
6+ months now. Moving up you see !?

6) See #1, last sentence. Did Santa come on Christmas afternoons at your home ? My house was Christmas EVE......... UNFAIR !!!!!!!!

Goodbye. Santa comes when he comes. You'll get it when you get it.

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by JonB - PartsRack on 08-26-2002 at 09:44 PM</font>

OP
OP
B

blkasp1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about the VCA officers who have more than one SRT on order? Will they be getting ALL their cars in the first batch? Do they need more than one SRT to show their members/help promote dodge?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang