Is it true that the VCA presidents are getting the first SRTs?

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think several factors will ultimately determine who gets their cars earliest, it wasn't a lottery so logic should tell us some things count.

1. How fast were you on the web site to get a cert. (this will probably turn out to be the least important factor)

2. Once the window for ordering opened, how quickly did you give your committment, and your money to your favorite dealer, or did you wait a month pitting one dealer against another? Hey, the dealers gotta'have their list..who placed the cert with them first? Who had money down first? That's fair. Wow, maybe the officers were savvy enough to jump in here. We are not dealing with the Peoples Republic Of Dodge here, the dealers are still independent franchises and can put people in any order they want, if you pushed for $100 over dealer cost and waited to the last minute to pick a dealer and more civilized individuals were willing to give the dealer a fair profit and commit early the DEALER may have submitted you last.

3. Who is your dealer? Most important, and I believe this will be the deciding factor even though we all, including the dealers were led to believe it made no difference... how quickly did your dealer get his orders in when the window opened, by fax, by snail mail? Was your order in with money down at this point? If not, you don't deserve to be whining now...this race goes to those who are quick, decisive, committed, not too cheap, and who pick a knowledgeable dealer and negotiate with that dealer in an honorable manner.

4. Now as to the officers, I believe those gentlemen and ladies are all smart enough to position themselves to take advantage of all the above rules of the game, but if they did have an inherent advantage I would not begrudge them that, I have been on a bunch of volunteer boards, it's hard work and you should get somthing for it! If it were a total of 20 cars how much could that delay the other orders, couple days?

5. Final point, scuttlebutt has it at this point that what you are assuming is happening, is not happening at all or at least not with any discernable pattern. Some of those very much in the know about this are scratching their heads at the true randomness of the pattern that is evolving.

SERPENT INDIANA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an SRT(RED)in D1 status, projected build date of Aug 21(on line order at 9:04 the first morning)...also have a VON # only for a black SRT(ordered at 9:40 the first morning on line)....I am not a VCA president, officer etc...just a member....we should feel lucky , first to be able to afford to buy one, and that there is such a great car to own, and last, I just feel lucky everyday to be here and enjoying life.....imagine how dull it would be without Vipers ...patience.....IT WILL GET HERE WHEN IT GETS HERE AND NOT BEFORE....I agree with Jon B....remember the first Vipers (92), only the brokers had them....remember the 96GTS...only the brokers had them....remember the Prowlers, ONLY THE BROKERS HAD THEM....I feel lucky and greatful to DC and the VCA for allowing this program to exist in the first place...we could all be lined up at the Brokers being squeezed for every last dollar and being laughed at for not jumping at the chance to be legally robbed....YES, THANX DC AND VCA....I FEEL LUCKY !!!!! I have owned 8 Prowlers and 6 Vipers to date, and hope to see more in the future...OH, I FEEL LUCKY!!!!

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love this! I am not a VCA officer or regional offer any longer. Prior to these posts on the subject I had had discussions with Dodge on some of the issues covered here, and I know that there was a random selection of names. Dodge has every right to have anyone they choose be in the first shipments, since it is there program to begin with.

Now blkasp, you have issues with this process? How about all the people that have built this organization on their own time and dime, and continue to do so, who will not even be allowed to get a 2003? I am satisfied to get the LAST of 2003, because I know first or last is still before the public. And that my friend is the only thing you have ever been promised on this program. Again, if you do not like it then you do not have to participate.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan if that was the case then I to would fall into that category, and as of today, I have not been told anything to that assumption. I would rather see the most ACTIVE members, whether club officers or those that just participate a lot, get theirs first. If that happens, we all benefit because we all get to see them more! It would be useless if I got an early one, and Dodge knows that) because I hardly drive my Viper. Let the people who use them get them.

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VCA presidents very much deserve the first cars. Many in the club members have no idea how much time and work goes into the events that our club leaders put on. I have a 2003 on order and have owned 3 NEW Vipers and have no problem waiting my turn. I got over the FIRST KID ON THE BLOCK SYNDROME long ago...

venmous

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JonB - PartsRack:
6) See #1, last sentence. Did Santa come on Christmas afternoons at your home ? My house was Christmas EVE......... UNFAIR !!!!!!!!

Goodbye. Santa comes when he comes. You'll get it when you get it.

[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My dad told me Santa claus was dead!!. . .when I was only 10!
Talk about unfair!

Seriously though, I am 25 yrs old and I feel ashamed to be in the same age bracket as this. . .well. . .I'm going to stay above any slander (at least in this forum). Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

However, anyone who compares a capitalistic corporation focused on marketing with the practice of their local public officials, really doesn't get it.

venmous

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Craig 201 MPH:
[apu]I can't beleive you don't shut up[/apu]

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Craig,
that is really quite brilliant!
laugh.gif

Not to mention one of my favorite episodes
when his mother comes to America and Homer tries
to sell off Marge as Apu's wife. . .DOH!!

Anyway, I'm not sure what's more funny. . .you're
hilarious reply or the fact that blkasp1 has totally
lost his train of thought and has resorted to the
killer "silver spoon" comeback.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by blkasp1:
Craig,

You are so articulate!!! Do you have a 2003 on order or is it your daddy's?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope it's daddy's, and the other is my aunts, please **** whiner

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by venmous:
Craig,
that is really quite brilliant!
laugh.gif

Not to mention one of my favorite episodes
when his mother comes to America and Homer tries
to sell off Marge as Apu's wife. . .DOH!!

Anyway, I'm not sure what's more funny. . .you're
hilarious reply or the fact that blkasp1 has totally
lost his train of thought and has resorted to the
killer "silver spoon" comeback.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah that one is kinda overplayed isn't it. of course I could lie and no one would be the wiser. Oh well I'm sure he could afford a car woth 13 times his summer income as a student when he was 19
supergrin.gif

gtsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First we suffer the whiners who insisted on telling us (disinterested)observers how much they hate the car.
Now we suffer whiners upset about the build order and distribution system (though we know virtually nothing about the process)
Unless Dodge can deliver some vehicles so the whiners can start complaining about the car itself, we should just terminate this forum and save the VCA executives the stress of being insulted by morons. (IMHO)

MiamiJeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...and if Apu was a VCA officer, I'd welcome him having the very first SRT to be parked in front of the Quickie Mart.

But seriously now, leaving The Simpsons
You must be registered for see images
storyline behind (and being far more PC), I'd like to add that a company which just MIGHT reward volunteers once or twice per decade with the opportunity to more quickly part with their $80,000 (plus lux tax) to receive their car a few weeks or months earlier than yours truly doesn't bother me one bit. No pity for the whiners.

MiamiJeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shutting down this thread would be just what the conspiracy theorists would want to fuel their (his?) cause.
nono.gif

...on the other hand, if you want to just consolidate the multiple similar threads, I'll drink (but not drive*) to that

* apologies to the late Sam Kinison

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had to chime in. This is the most ridiculous pile of dribble I have read yet. Near-personal attacks against the very people who saved me (and you, SO YOU SAY) from getting ***** on the open market for buying this car (like the GT40, or the H2, or any other car).

I am a "peon" member who says these guys deserve to get their cars first. We're not talking kick-backs, if it were a free car, or they got one first so they can sell it for a high premium, that's another matter.

If they ain't getting them first (that's what they are saying), then they should be, and I endorse it.

I am pretty close to a few pres, and ex-pres, and they work their butts off, its members like you that make it hard for us to find presidents.

And then to go off on JonB! Reprehensible! that guy was here in 96, doling out free advice to people on vipers, and has been doing that ever since, he still knows more about vipers than you and I every will, and now you say he's "preserving his position", Utter crap, I second Mike's request for an invite to your event, I'm sure that woudl be really special.

OP
OP
B

blkasp1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone answered my question about the officers who have more than one car on order getting ALL their cars in the first batch?

Gary Lashinsky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife Elizabeth has #153 in D1 status. I have #154 in D1 status. When will these be built. . .hopefully in the first batch of 100 red SRT 10's. All of us who have served as VCA officers since the beginning of this great car club have put in countless hours of our time to make the VCA what it is today. . .THE BEST **** CAR CLUB ON THE PLANET! When you my friend (BLKASP1) had paid your dues, then maybe you will understand!

dancojax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I guess it's too late for me to run for President, so I'll get in line for the last one.
BUT, I'M GOING TO JOIN THE CORVETTE CLUB, BECOME KING, AND GET THE FIRST C-6!!!!!
The you guys will be sorry.
Lets get some other fight going, this one is getting boring!!

snowmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
blkasp1,

Why don't you become a VCA officer, work long hours for no pay, and then you can get your 2003 ahead of everyone else. The VCA officers SHOULD get this perk. THEY ARE NOT PAID ANYTHING!!! HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO WORK FOR FREE??? Better yet since you work for cash, why don't you offer to buy one from a VCA officer for 100K, then they can use that money they made off the sale to compensate for their free labor they have done for you all year long.

OP
OP
B

blkasp1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary,

Do you think it is fair that your family gets 2 cars out of the first 100 while other less worthy members have to wait? Also, if the the allocation process was random, how did you end up with 2 sequential vin #s?

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sigh....Black Asp, he has 2 vins in sequential order because HIS DEALER TURNED THEM IN THAT WAY! THE DEALER IS THE ONE WHO faxed or mailed the order in thereby setting the sequence. I will also tell you that my vin is reasonably close to his cars, and I am a nobody....However I am a nobody who was willing to let the dealer have a reasonable profit, I also had money down for almost two years thereby (perhaps?, I have no idea) influencing the dealer to have me higher on HIS list, I got no idea. But again, my vin is close to his, and I am a nobody....Oh, by the way, my car is black, black is being built second...what does that tell us? First that even though I am a nobody I appear to have had the Dodge gods smile on me with a fairly early black car, it also tells us that Gary's cars are VERY close to being at the END of the first red cars and not at the beginning. Thereby blowing your theory that he was early because he is an officer. And although I have never met Gary I can tell you that I know his rep. and I would put him in the top 10 of guys who I think DO have clout. So if HE's at the END of the red run...You get it? You need to give this up man....it's non productive and it's starting to make you look petty and foolish...and I mean that in a nice way. Your DEALER and YOUR timelyness are the only two factors that could have negatively influenced you being too far down the line. A more productive method of getting an early car would be to start communicating WITH THE BIGGER AND BETTER DEALERS, for various reasons lots of guys will back out of their cars at the last minute, the dealers will then be free to sell those cars to their choice of people, at least I think that's the way it would work, and if you go to Woodhouse, Tator, Roanoke or a few othe other known quantites you won't get ripped off.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang