Joe Donovan?

puma

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know if he has an e-mail or something? I tried to send him a PM but his box is full, i would call him but my english ***** on the phone.

thanks a lot.

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck is all i have to say. I tried calling the shop for 2 days multiple times per day and no one answers and theres no voicemail. he SERIOUSLY needs to hire some help over there, he cant be a one man show forever.

I'm just glad i got joe to do work on my car when he did, he's one of the best in the business.

OP
OP
P

puma

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh damn, all right, thanks.

I just want to get one of his oil catch can, nobody knows if i can get one of his somewhere else?

BADMOFO

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When we spoke last month he stated he would be back towards the end of the month.

Hope this helps!

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh damn, all right, thanks.

I just want to get one of his oil catch can, nobody knows if i can get one of his somewhere else?

I have one I'll sell:omg: as I now have my own version:D It's never been installed.:eater:
First $100 bucks plus shipping takes it.:2tu:
Let me know
Big Brake Dave:drive:

Last edited:

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love to work for Joe if I lived in St Louis or he lived in Chicago.

martyb

JohnnyBravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe is not out of town just yet, although he has been in and out of town tuning cars the last month or so, as well as finishing up some very, very cool projects. I'd love to let the cat out of the bag on all of them, but they range from single turbo Vipers to new custom fuel systems, to custom front mount air/air blower systems for the Gen III.

He has ZERO time to check the boards anymore, so sending him a PM on here is probably not going to get the job done.

The shop will be closed from July 9th through July 29th. I believe he will re-open on Monday, July 30th.

Here's the way I look at it: suppose you were a business owner and you sat down and interviewed someone for a job position. You were pleased with their qualifications, how they treated you, how they spoke and were firmly convinced that they were a perfect fit for your company. You hire them. On the first day of work, someone else shows up instead of the person you hired. The person you hired, told this other person to show up and do the job instead. You'd be furious. That's NOT who you chose.

That's how I am about my car. I don't want to go to a shop, talk to the owner, get a comfort level, and then find out someone else is doing the work on it. Especially if the work of the employee isn't as good as the work of the owner.

With Joe, nobody touches your car except Joe. All the work is done by Joe. Every bolt is removed and reinstalled by Joe. It is only driven by Joe. And it is custom tuned by Joe. You don't pay extra money for that, but you do have to be patient to get it. He's a one man show. The downside is that he can only do so much at once and it takes a while to get in to see him. The upside is, the car will be perfect when it's done, because it wasn't pawned off on some lackey.

I'm as impatient as anyone. When I want something, I want it now. However, when it comes to my car, I also want it perfect. For that, I'm willing to wait.

Dave T(BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe Joe gets his catch cans done by Justin of JMB Performance. Justin does his own powdercoating and his work can be seen on many SRT Neons and SRT Rams just to name a few. I can give you his e-mail address if you'd like.

I was in Joes shop for 10+ hours a day for 4 days when he worked his magic on my 700+ rwhp Paxton SRT Ram in April. The guy is busy nearly every moment on his posted hours. He really only gets most of his work done after hours because of all the UPS, FedEx, phone calls, customers and potential customers that stop in and ask questions.

I was there when Joe interviewed some potential help. He has yet to find anyone who is as meticulous (sp) as him with regard to every aspect of the customers car. It may take a little longer for him to finish your car but like others have said it will be done right and without issue. Nobody touches your car or truck other then Joe.

JohnnyBravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< The upside is, the car will be perfect when it's done >>

:lmao: yeah - RIGHT.

I forgot to add the disclaimer that if you buy some used POS supercharger, don't have half the parts, can't get support from the vendor that manufactured said one-off POS, try to install it yourself, do a half-assed job, take it to a local "tuner" who f'ed it all up and forgot to even put antifreeze in the car, can't get it to run, give up, and then dump your cobbled together sh!tbox on him, that he will still try to work a miracle on it but perfection cannot be guaranteed.

Even after all of that, I distinctly remember the frankenblower making pretty insane power before it was returned to the customer, where God only knows what happened to it.

In fact, I believe this is what YOU actually said,
big-n-italian said:
joe, let me say that you have done an awesome job! most importantly, i really appreciate you putting up with me over the last few months. the project did take longer than i had hoped, but you were gracious enough to work with me on the final bill because of it and it is greatly appreciated. i KNOW you had alot more time in the project than what i was billed. i can not thank you enough. i hope to see you again in 2007 with other projects.

the car is a MONSTER. the sound is unreal. i just left jdocs house, and he can tell you that the car sounds like a jet fighter taking off a tarmac. you can hear this vortech COMING! the tune is perect. if the motor gets on the warm side, i can put the car in 6th gear as early as 55 mph without any problems. the car is as smooth as glass and the power is downright SCARY. you guys with HP over 800 are INSANE!

Joes final numbers: 726 HP, 746 TQ.

So, in summation, Joe was the last resort for a one-of-a-kind blower system that he didn't build and wasn't purchased from him, he had to try to correct someone else's mistakes, including but not limited to the original vendor and the other "tuner" who worked on it before him, had to custom fabricate brackets to get the damn thing to work, got a great dyno number out of it AND worked with the cheap customer on the bill, only to have the customer continue to ***** and complain.

The bottom line is this: Joe Donovan is still one of the absolute best installers/tuners out there.

OP
OP
P

puma

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well guys i certainly didn't want to create such a discussion but i have to say i found a PBJ can after all, thanks :D

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
big,

you seem to have a way of jumping on ANY thread regarding PBJ to take shots at him, when all he did was bend over backwards to make you happy. JohnnyBravo, you get my applause.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I forgot to add the disclaimer that if you buy some used POS supercharger, don't have half the parts, can't get support from the vendor that manufactured said one-off POS, try to install it yourself, do a half-assed job, take it to a local "tuner" who f'ed it all up and forgot to even put antifreeze in the car, can't get it to run, give up, and then dump your cobbled together sh!tbox on him, that he will still try to work a miracle on it but perfection cannot be guaranteed.

Even after all of that, I distinctly remember the frankenblower making pretty insane power before it was returned to the customer, where God only knows what happened to it.

In fact, I believe this is what YOU actually said,

So, in summation, Joe was the last resort for a one-of-a-kind blower system that he didn't build and wasn't purchased from him, he had to try to correct someone else's mistakes, including but not limited to the original vendor and the other "tuner" who worked on it before him, had to custom fabricate brackets to get the damn thing to work, got a great dyno number out of it AND worked with the cheap customer on the bill, only to have the customer continue to ***** and complain.

The bottom line is this: Joe Donovan is still one of the absolute best installers/tuners out there.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Great post Mark. I agree with you.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With Joe, nobody touches your car except Joe. All the work is done by Joe. Every bolt is removed and reinstalled by Joe. It is only driven by Joe. And it is custom tuned by Joe. .
Umm didn't Joe used to have help, and didn't they help work on some of the cars there? I know they didn't tune but I thought they helped do some of my nitrous install lol.

Dave T(BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Umm didn't Joe used to have help, and didn't they help work on some of the cars there? I know they didn't tune but I thought they helped do some of my nitrous install lol.

Joe does have a guy that worked and since retired from Chrysler and now works for him. He does some of the more simple things for Joe but any technical stuff or tuning is strictly all Joe.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Great post Mark. I agree with you.

exactly the responses i expected. well, i guess now is a good time as any to let the cat out of the bag. my SC saga is over, and has been for months now. (see below). and for the record, still to this day - joe still hasnt called to stand by his work, and thats fine with me, i wont be back. good luck to the rest of you though!

anyway, the car is RUNNING. has been running for over (3) months now. WHY you ask? because I - ME - spent the time (and the money) to do the job, R. I. G. H. T.

I - ME - a person who has NEVER worked on one of these cars before, took the same Viper i gave to TWO professional tuners / installers, with all the same parts, with all the same problems, with all the same parts "made from someone else", BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, (INSERT MORE OF YOUR LAME EXCUSES HERE), BLAH, etc., and was able to get the car ON THE ROAD.

the equipment? works just FINE - after a little more tweaking, works GREAT as a matter of fact. care to guess how? well, it is a funny thing how parts seem to work - AFTER THEY GET INSTALLED PROPERLY. :omg:

THANKS TO? GUESSES? ME!!!

oh, and some of the fabricated parts, and the parts i was left with by both "pros"? they were REMOVED and thrown out because their designs DIDNT work.

IN OTHER WORDS, i accomplished what TWO "so called" professionals were obviously incapable of doing, which also includes unscrewing the little pressurized radiator cap counterclockwise, removing the same radiator cap, looking inside the little hole that was just uncovered by the little radiator cap, and checking the low antifreeze level, and filling cooling system as necessary when the car is found to be running hot. :rolleyes:

i have taken numerous road trips over the last few months, and the car runs fine. i have taken the car to a few car shows, and the car works fine. i just got back from dinner with a few viper buddies, and the car ran fine. i keep checking the belt - everything is FINE. joes work lasted (2) days, mine has lasted for months now. so spare me and the entire board all the "joe is perfect" BS.

I KNOW BETTER. :naughty:

i'm cheap? sorry, but you are wrong again! i think my hemi project proves that. i was given a bill, and i paid it exactly as agreed. it wasnt an issue then, therfore it should not be an issue with anyone now.

did i complain after i spent a decent amount of money and time with someone(s), on a car that didnt work and lasted me only two days? do i still complain after numerous broken promises were made, about when the car would get re-repaired? do i dare complain about work that wasnt done properly, that i finally had to finish myself?

DAMNSTRAIGHT I DO. and DONT tell me anyone on this board wouldnt do the same. some people just cant handle the truth it appears.

sorryfolks , but it looks like I AM the best installer / PROBLEM SOLVER out there right now. :headbang:

and no, i dont think the tune is perfect yet either. but give ME some time. it will be!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:moon:

Last edited:

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why didn't you do it yourself in the first place. I remeber Joe stopping work on your car because you ran out of money.:dunno: If your car is running fine, why say anything? Puma was just looking for a puke can and Johnny bravo explained why it is hard to get in touch with Joe. No need for an old topic about a "one off" supercharger experiment.

Hey Mark, how are you? My car runs great with your Greg Good heads Joe installed on my car.;) BTW... Well said above.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man I can just feel the love in here today haha

BIG ~ Glad you got it all fixed and running, what was the end problem with the belt anyway?

I can honestly say If I paid all that money and the car was broken in two days (from improper install, not my own doing) I would have been pissed also, but then again Joe did fix the mess you brought him from the other tuner and I still believe he is the best tuner around. Obviously whatever was broken wasen;t that big of a problem if you got it all fixed up and running now.
So in the end Joe did do some great work with what he had, but just like anything problems happen and thats all there is too it. You can't make everyone happy, i believe you are probably one of only a very few people who haven't been happy with Joe's work.

I know both of you guys and your both great guys, I wish you both the best. Enjoy your Viper Big, i know it's been a long time since she's been on the road, have fun!

JohnnyBravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So let me get this straight, John. You've had your car together for over 3 months, but have continued to lay like a snake in the weeds to strike at any thread involving PBJ even though there are no more issues? You've intentionally hidden the fact that your car has been running all summer just so you can continue to fake a right to ***** and complain? Wow. I can't decide if you deserve an Oscar award or a one way ticket to the psychiatric hospital. It takes a real certain something to lie about whether or not your car is running just to be able to keep ******** about a guy who tried to help you out almost a year ago.

I am proud of you for finally figuring out how to check your coolant yourself. But you'll understand if I have a hard time believing a guy that couldn't check his own fluids somehow managed to magically fix his cog driven supercharger after complaining about how impossible it was with no instructions and no help from his tuner. That's like the guy who can't figure out how to hang a picture on his wall telling everyone he built his own house. But whatever you say, John.

I'm glad your car is up and running. Maybe now that the "cat is out of the bag", you can shut up about your car and just go out and enjoy it, rather than spending your time trying to insult reputable tuners.

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I contacted Joe, just before he went on holidays, to purchase some parts and get tuning input. I know he is a very busy individual but how long should I wait for a reply? Do I continue to phone him?

I am very excited to have him tweak my Viper.

Dave T(BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I contacted Joe, just before he went on holidays, to purchase some parts and get tuning input. I know he is a very busy individual but how long should I wait for a reply? Do I continue to phone him?

I am very excited to have him tweak my Viper.

PM sent for another number for Joe.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe's not missing. He's in Minnesota tuning my Viper! :D

Joe in action.

DSC014231.JPG

The man is a machine.

DSC01428.JPG

Before Joe:

DSC014271.JPG

After Joe:

DSC01438.JPG

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You stole him from the rest of us! :lmao: :D Let Joe know that I am eagerly awaiting his return!! :eater: I've got a list of stuff for him to advise me on...not to mention the loot I want to buy from him.

Do you know when he may be back? :dunno:

Cheers
Jason

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's scheduled to return tomorrow night but that may change depending on how long it's taking to get all the cars tuned up. He did at least two of the five today.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang