Key Fob - Reprogram?

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Earlier this year I replaced my cars battery. I actually had it out almost a month. My two key fobs now will not lock or unlock the car. Batteries in the fobs are good. Will I need a Viper tech. to make things right or can I do what is needed to make the Viper recognise the fobs it once recognised?:dunno:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
might need one a tech with a DRB but try holding BOTH buttons down from inside the drivers side door. it should chirp and reprogram

if not, go to the dealer or call tator

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
okloneranger, as I am using a PDA, I can't see avitars or sigs...so, I don't know your year.

You do not need a Viper Tech or a DRB to reprogram your fobs...just follow Ron's instructions.

By the way...some confuse "resyncing" with reprogramming...different procedures.

OP
OP
O

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many thanks Plum and Steve. I don't know if that was called a reprogram or a resync, but what ever it was holding both buttons down did the trick. As usual, for me, I grasped only part of the instructions, and used only that part. This is the part I used. I sat in the drivers seat, fob and keys in hand, and held down both buttons of the one fob. In 5 seconds it chirped once. I then got out and tried the lock-unlock which worked fine. I had company so I came in. Here, an hour later I thought to thank you guys and reread the thread. I got to the part about doing all fobs in the prescribed time and figured I screwed the pooch. So, I took out the other fob and tried it. It works too. Thanks again.:2tu:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery