Viper Owner
Reaction score
New KwikLift Installed and it is Cool!
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

ERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't understand the value of such a lift. You still have to get on a creeper to get under the car and you can't do wheel and brake work. :confused:

Reaction score
The value is "priceless" for some of us with TINY garages. :) Yeah, I still have to get on a creeper....but I can roll all around under there feeling 100% safe, and I can access all of the underside of the car. Changing my own oil became easy. With the center bridge I CAN jack up a corner if I need to. In that regard it is no different than a regular 4-poster that you drive onto.

I have my little rolling stool that sits me right at the wheels. The rolling oil container makes oil collection simple. By no means is this the be-all-and-end-all in lifts....but for the price it beats 2x12's and jack stands any day of the week....and twice on Sunday. :)

Reaction score
BTW Scott...if you really want it to be roll-on-roll-off (so you can get rid of those ramps, and so you don't have to position the ramps every time you want to move the car), I put some stall matting down under the ends of the ramps. The matting is about 1" thick, heavy duty rubber, starts where the cross member is and extends out PAST the end of the ramp about 16". For me, this keeps the crossmember just high enough to get my jack under it....while at the same time the "extension" acts as a 1" lift so when the front tires hit it (and the nose lifts about an inch), it clears perfectly and I can drive right on. Click the button to open the garage door, drive right in...no need to get out of the car. :)

Oh, and a trick I learned from Wing King....I mounted a mirror in front of the lift (driver's side) positioned just so I could watch my left side tires move up the ramp. Works PERFECT every time. :)

ERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oh, and a trick I learned from Wing King....I mounted a mirror in front of the lift (driver's side) positioned just do I could watch my left side tires move up the ramp. Works PERFECT every time. :)

[/QUOTE]

Great Idea! :)

VinR1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
forgive my ignorance, but what keeps the front of the 'lift' from sliding forward when you drive onto the ramps? Also, think a lowered Viper, with some custom ramps, could fit onto the kwiklift without scraping??

Reaction score
VinR1...the ramps are heavy....really! I have never had mine move, and I drive on/off mine all the time during the summer. My viper is lowered with Eibachs...which is why I suggested the stall matting. It gives me that little extra inch. I also have a pair of matting pieces strategically placed towards the front. When I pull up the ramp I can feel the fronts "pop" ip onto the matting and I know I am where I need to be. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960