Ky speed way track drive

2kviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it's actually from 9 am to 4:30. had a pretty good viper turn out in March. I should be there late morning. here's the deal. you go into the gift shop, buy $40 or $50 worth of gear (pretty nice selection). with the purchase you get a ticket for 3 or 4 laps around the track. we slipped the ring leader a few bucks last year and he gave us an extra lap. the pace car we had was a taurus whose governor kicked on at 111 mph. he let me back off then get up to speed around 120+ mph. it was fun. very cool video of me and my buddy at kentucky speedway! definitely worth doing it!

:2tu:

Reaction score
it's actually from 9 am to 4:30. had a pretty good viper turn out in March. I should be there late morning. here's the deal. you go into the gift shop, buy $40 or $50 worth of gear (pretty nice selection). with the purchase you get a ticket for 3 or 4 laps around the track. we slipped the ring leader a few bucks last year and he gave us an extra lap. the pace car we had was a taurus whose governor kicked on at 111 mph. he let me back off then get up to speed around 120+ mph. it was fun. very cool video of me and my buddy at kentucky speedway! definitely worth doing it!

:2tu:

Yes, later in the day some money does exchanged hands and we got some more laps at SPEED,,, make sure you don't talk to the wrong guy, ask the Prowler guys what's up, see ya at 2,,,,,,,,,,,

OP
OP
K

kgrif

Viper Owner
Reaction score
spend 40 bucks in the store at the KY speedway and get a ticket for 3 laps (following a pace car). Usually the Viper guys hang around til close to the end and slip a few bucks to the pacer for extra speed and laps. It's fun. I will be there earlier as I have plans in the afternoon.

OP
OP
K

kgrif

Viper Owner
Reaction score
kind of lame this year. went early, bought my stuff, 3 laps (avg 75) and drove me right to the exit gate. LAME. Went faster than that on the way home! My last year.

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems that we were told last yr that we could rent the track for about $5K/day. 100 Vipers/$50; 50 Vipers/$100. If so I would imagine several restrictions would apply.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte