lights are flashing

Buzzzz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just re-connected the battery in my 95 RT/10 and the parking/dash/tail lights are all flashing. What does this mean and how do I make it stop?

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott- It may be the alarm going off. Try pressing the Alarm off on the key fob. If that does not stop it. Press both buttons to re-program the fob. Then dis-arm the alarm. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
B

Buzzzz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Jeff! The battery is actually disconnected at the moment- we're in the middle of installing the belanger cat back and have the battery disconnected while welding. I'll try it if the prob happens again.

OP
OP
B

Buzzzz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, pressing the alarm disarm on the key fob made it stop. I'm still curious as to what the flashing means though.

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott- My guess is that the alarm was set when you disconnected the battery. So when you connected it the alarm and car automatically went into lockdown mode. The car thought had been stolen.

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The first cycle of the alarm being that the horn sound, then the light flash for 3 minutes. After that the fuel system shuts down and you can not start the car until you shut the alarm off.

OP
OP
B

Buzzzz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope, the alarm was off when I disconnected the battery. When I hooked it back up, the lights were flashing but the horn was not honking like it does when the alarm is going off.

Reaction score
You New England guys! :) See, after a certain amount of time in the NorthEast, the Vipers evolve into meteorologists....I figured you'd know that, Jeff. :) Looks like you guys are in for more snow...that is what it meant when the lights flashed. Glad it worked out for you. My 2 cents is that sometimes you just never know what the alarm module is going to do on power-up. :confused:

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Tony- Exactly! No more snow please. I picked up some extra Holy Water @ church this morning. Going to sprinkle it on the car, go for a ride.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a brief note. It is 70 degrees in Arizona and not a snow flake in sight. Excellent viper weather.

Flyng Low

VCA Member
Reaction score
I'm troubleshooting a door noise problem of my own (another thread), and came across this in the 94 Service Manual that sounds more like your problem:

Page 8Q-3 VEHICLE THEFT SECURITY SYSTEM - SYSTEM SELF-TESTS

" A diagnostic mode is available in the system to verify operation of all monitored switches or circuits. To enter diagnostics, cycle the ignition key to the accessory position 3 times, leaving the key in this position.

Upon entering diagnostics, the park and tail lamps will begin flashing to verify their operation. In addition, the horn will sound twice to indicate its proper operation. Returning the ignition switch to the OFF position will stop the lamps from flashing while keeping the system in diagnostics.

(3) Cycle the key to the ignition RUN position. A single horn pulse will indicate proper operation of the ignition input. This will also take the module out of the diagnostics mode. ..."

Your car may have been in this diagnostic mode. ??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960