Little Check Engine Light help

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 01 GTS. I got a CEL yesterday, check code got a P0155 bank 2 sensor 1 fault. I cleared it cause, I've had a 02 code before cleared it and it took about 4 months to come back. Well this time whole other story. I cleared it last night at work, and left car there. Got to work this morning started it up and pulled it under a overhang outback 100 feet away. This evening went out fired it up light immediately on!! So it must be a hard fault.
I used the search function, I'm going to check connections etc tomorrow at work. I noticed there is tsb 1801101. But not sure if it would help me. My car had the mopar reflash done by Eddie Martin about 6 months ago when he did headers, little head work etc. Any suggestions. Of course I could just had the obvious and have a dead 02.
Thanks
Steve

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I assume they are the original ones. But you know what that assuming will do!! lol
I'll put it on lift tomorrow maybe, and go thru pinpoint test out of the shop manual I guess. Didn't know if anyone knew any common issues though
Steve

Last edited:

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Headers can cause 02 codes ...
Mine used to come on until i changed to a roe PCM...
All to do with the heater elements in the 02's

OP
OP
R

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Headers can cause 02 codes ...
Mine used to come on until i changed to a roe PCM...
All to do with the heater elements in the 02's

Yeah P0155 is heater element related. So you think it's header related? I have B&B's on my car. I checked all my connections earlier, everything tight and no burned wires. Resistance is same on both sensors. So for the hell of it I swapped left and right sensors. We will see if the problem switches banks now. Glad I did put it in the air, found a header collector bolt about 5 turns too loose.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 01 GTS. I got a CEL yesterday, check code got a P0155 bank 2 sensor 1 fault. I cleared it cause, I've had a 02 code before cleared it and it took about 4 months to come back. Well this time whole other story. I cleared it last night at work, and left car there. Got to work this morning started it up and pulled it under a overhang outback 100 feet away. This evening went out fired it up light immediately on!! So it must be a hard fault.
I used the search function, I'm going to check connections etc tomorrow at work. I noticed there is tsb 1801101. But not sure if it would help me. My car had the mopar reflash done by Eddie Martin about 6 months ago when he did headers, little head work etc. Any suggestions. Of course I could just had the obvious and have a dead 02.
Thanks
Steve

Headers typically cause the rear sensor CEL. The most common cause of a front sensor code (besides a lazy sensor) is a bad ground. The sensor circuit picks up its ground on a connection at the a/c compressor. It can be broken if you have worked in that area.

OP
OP
R

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Headers typically cause the rear sensor CEL. The most common cause of a front sensor code (besides a lazy sensor) is a bad ground. The sensor circuit picks up its ground on a connection at the a/c compressor. It can be broken if you have worked in that area.

Thanks I'll check that. It had some headwork etc done a little over a 1000 miles ago

Last edited:

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I did heads/headers I changed the O2s out for the ones DC Performance sells..haven't had any issues for the last 1000miles

Vipera

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A few years back, I had a the same problem after I installed Headers. I was going crazy!! I ended up covering the ck engine light with a tiny piece of electrical tape... Problem SOLVED! :2tu:
I was told that exhaust passing through Headers don't heat up the O2 sensors quick enough, and it causes it to throw a code. Soon thereafter they came out with a box that replaces the O2 sensors by sending a false signal to the computer. I smashed the car before I could try it. Never had that problem with any other of my other Vipers.
Good luck.

OP
OP
R

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well I checked that ground today, good as gold. I can see why it would be a problem though, that's a pittling little ground.

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a bad O2 heater. Resistance on the heater side of O2 should be 4-5 ohms...and with it disconnected key on Battery voltage to the heater circuit on cold engine. The heater warms up O2 so that they work faster on cold engines to control mixture.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi