Looking Forward to Buying my First Viper

drl650

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Long time Vette,BMW & Porsche owner. I currently have a 2011 GS my 3rd C6.So far from what I have been reading I am seriously thinking about skipping out on the C7 and coming over to the Viper. I would have bought one years ago but I have a bum right shoulder with pins/anchors so I need some type of an automatic trans.
I know alot of you dont want to see an auto but for my type of racing mostly drags nothing beats a good dual clutch/PDK style trans. again just my opinion.
I have read that a dual clutch is in the Viper future? For me that would put me in the seat of a Viper and I would think it would open the door for more new Viper Owners?
I am looking forward to the new Viper. I am just a car ****** I like just about any American car with power and the Viper is going to move to the top of the list VS. just about anything on the road. This is a great forum and I look forward to learning more about this great car. Did I see that April 1st the new car will be revealed? Thanks.

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
April 4th for the reveal at the new york auto show, but I don't think there will be any tranmission other than a 6 speed manual.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too bad about the right shoulder needing auto trans... is that a permanent thing or is it healing so you can still get into a viper soon?

01viper4me

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Word is that it will come with a standard 6 speed out of the gate. But I have heard that SRT have a semi-auto in the works down the line

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Long time Vette,BMW & Porsche owner. I currently have a 2011 GS my 3rd C6.So far from what I have been reading I am seriously thinking about skipping out on the C7 and coming over to the Viper. I would have bought one years ago but I have a bum right shoulder with pins/anchors so I need some type of an automatic trans.
I know alot of you dont want to see an auto but for my type of racing mostly drags nothing beats a good dual clutch/PDK style trans. again just my opinion.
I have read that a dual clutch is in the Viper future? For me that would put me in the seat of a Viper and I would think it would open the door for more new Viper Owners?
I am looking forward to the new Viper. I am just a car ****** I like just about any American car with power and the Viper is going to move to the top of the list VS. just about anything on the road. This is a great forum and I look forward to learning more about this great car. Did I see that April 1st the new car will be revealed? Thanks.

I for one don't want to see the Viper with an auto transmission. However, you shouldn't let the fact that a Viper is a manual stop you. There have been plenty of people that have converted their Viper to an automatic. I am sure you can find what you want on the aftermarket.

OP
OP
D

drl650

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I for one don't want to see the Viper with an auto transmission. However, you shouldn't let the fact that a Viper is a manual stop you. There have been plenty of people that have converted their Viper to an automatic. I am sure you can find what you want on the aftermarket.

True I may go that route if needed, I have read two articles that a Dual Clutch auto is in the making? For me that would be a great option. Thanks for the info.