Lowering Completed...PICS

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, it's over...what a ***'in battle. That car fought me every step of the way, but I won. It took me 2 days, approx 4hrs/day. I am handy, but no mechanic.

The hardest part for me, was getting the bolts in and out. Working in tight places, you can't see a thing, the holes and bolt have to line up perfectly....and while you are doing that, you need to pry on the a-arm to release some pressure on the shock assembly. It would have been easier with someone to help me.

Here are a couple pics that I took quickly, compared to some similar before shots. This is right after I was done, so I assume it still might settle even more. That would be a bonus, it's already a huge difference. Looks so much better, a must do mod.
BEFORE:
You must be registered for see images attach

AFTER:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

BIG thanks to Gary J, Chuck and Tony

OP
OP
I

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Doesnt look like they lowered it much. Still looks hot.

The crappy pics just don't do it justice, it is a HUGE difference, over an inch. Like I said, it was right after I dropped it, it should settle down even more. Unfortunately, I won't be able to get anymore pics for awhile.....here comes the white $hit!

Saint_Spinner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
sweet. I also noticed you stuck an emblem onto the gas cap. Next suggestion is larger disc brakes. Those wheels are awesome...the only thing that bothers me are how much smaller they make the brakes look.

What spring did you switch to? How's the ride? (softer, harder?)

OP
OP
I

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
sweet. I also noticed you stuck an emblem onto the gas cap. Next suggestion is larger disc brakes. Those wheels are awesome...the only thing that bothers me are how much smaller they make the brakes look.

What spring did you switch to? How's the ride? (softer, harder?)

lol...the gas cap is from MGW, they make quality $hit for our cars. I'll do the big brake/drilled rotors eventually. I used eibach's, the ride is the same because I adjusted the shocks 1 1/2 turns. Thanks to all for the kind words!

Konstantin82

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks realy awsome, I aslo looking for wheels and thinking about droping it 1" what do you think about 18s front 19s rear, or would be better 19s all around? Thanks.

OP
OP
I

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That looks realy awsome, I aslo looking for wheels and thinking about droping it 1" what do you think about 18s front 19s rear, or would be better 19s all around? Thanks.

Honestly man, I would do 19's all the way around. I have 19" front and 20" rears, if I could do it again, I would do 20's all the way around. The front wheel-well is huge because of the drastic curves of the car.

I just went out and stared at the car in the garage for a bit, it has been sitting for 2 days. It dropped almost another 1/2".

OP
OP
I

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Car looks great.So HOW MUCH DUCT TAPE did you go thru ? :bonker: :2tu:

lol...still have cuts on my hands, and a little back pain....thank God I have a wife that can give a good massage!