M2 CNC Billet Aluminum Viper Belly Pans

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our CNC Billet Viper Belly Pans are produced from 1/4" Alcoa 6061 - T6 aluminum Vs the stock 1/8" belly pan. Our pan will increase the stiffness and rigidity of your frame while complimenting the belly of your Viper. These Pans can be purchased for $250.00 which includes ground shipping within the continental US. Polishing, anodizing and painting can be preformed at an additional charge.

http://vca2.viperclub.org/gallery/data/500/249bellypan1-thumb.jpg

249bellypan1-med.jpg

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice! How much to have one polished and painted just like the one in the picture? Also, how much to have you come out and repolish every three months? (Just kidding about that last one!)

OP
OP
L

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTS Bruce, Our belly pan weighs 13 lbs whereas the factory pan weighs 6 lbs.

Hisserman (Bruce), I'm not much on polishing, so I would imagine it could get quite pricey. LOL! The pan pictured was hand polished by our machinist and hand painted with acrylic. This pan is just a demo, but to paint one in a graphite like enamel would be roughly $30.00
Our polisher recently went out of business, but I have another I could have pricing from by weeks end.

Simms, We produced one recently that incorporated the BMR driveshaft loop and I believe it would cost the same amount, possibly a little more. I'll inquire and get back with you by weeks end.

Thank you all!

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would you also happen to make a new bracket for the factory seats, that are double the weight? If so please put me down for 2, cause you know you can never make these things heavy enough. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
L

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for your valuable input, guys. The human body can fluctuate 5 or more pounds daily and I don't believe it ever cost us a 10th at the track. The big picture for us was frame flex and rigidity when releasing the clutch @ 5-6K at the track. As for the seat brackets, if it made you safer and accomplished a particular goal you wanted to facilitate, why wouldn't you do it? Obviously this modification isn't for everyone. Thanks again for your input!

FrankTHutchens

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A trip to McDonald's doesn't set me back $250.

Technically it may be strengthening the frame compared to the OEM thin steel piece, but functionally I'd say it's a stretch to say that about a long 1/4" thick piece of aluminum bolted to a frame that so far hasn't any field reports of bending problems...

:rolleyes:

OP
OP
L

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Frank,

I don't believe you'll find any reports of bending and either have we for that matter. I don't recall using the word bending, although I did mention the word flex, which when removed, adds strength and rigidity. Thanks again!

OP
OP
L

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you, Martin! I would really like to hear/see your Viper run at an event some day. I've heard from others it's an awesome beast. Congrats!

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frank, I wish this was the Alley so I could properly "thank" you for that insight, troll.

Chad

Bandit400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice product:)

I had Heffner install the belly pan/drive shaft loop from BMR Fabrication. Looks similar to Larry's but incorporates the drive shaft loop if that is what you are interested in. Another alternative.

Bandit400

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any chance of doing the "standard" Viper logo type script on it? Maybe even the snake head?
Is it cut with a waterjet?

FrankTHutchens

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frank, I wish this was the Alley so I could properly "thank" you for that insight, troll.

Chad

Thanks for the name calling. Sorry my opinion isn't the same as yours.

I thought the beauty of the forum was to get maximum benefit through other's opinion's and information.

Kind of like two different worlds isn't it Chad? Downtown and uptown so to speak... police here, none over there in the Alley. Too bad you have to control your anger, it must really grind you...

Larry's a nice guy, I've talked to him in person, twice. But the net effect of the 1/4' Al plate in the middle of the car would have to be marginal, IMHO. You don't see flat plates sold as subframe strengtheners on Mustangs or Camaros do you?

It seems overly expensive too boot. Which would normally be okay to say on one of these forums..

But, If you like it so much, be my guest. Buy two! :)

OnlineMetals.com will send a 16x32 6061 T-6 plate to Lakewood Ranch, FL for labout $100, -without the holes of course.

Go for it.

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may have read a little more hostility into it than there really was but go reread your posts. Certainly not the attitude you would take with a "nice guy" you know in person, eh?

No worries and Larry got a couple extra ttt's thanks to us.

LTHL-GRY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have one of these and I like it. Plus it's eye candy for my tech... Thanks Larry & Gary.

You're such a poser. :ooo:

BTW, I am really liking the BBS LM wheels and the new floor mats!!
:shocked:

Glad I could be of assistance :2tu:

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Larry,

Put me down for one. I have seen these things in person and they are well crafted and very solid. I am not sure you would need a drive shaft safety loop with this belly pan. The shaft would not go through this thing. Larry, as for the guy that considers eating at Mcdonald's a performance upgrade I wouldn't let him bother you, clearly his glass is half empty, does he even own a Viper?

Ted B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you think the belly pan (OEM or aftermarket) really reduces flex? Is there any way to tell?

I took mine off a while ago and never put it back on. If it really makes a difference perhaps I should dig it up and put it back on.

OP
OP
L

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Ted,

I'd suggest reinstalling the factory belly pan since it does serve a purpose by tying the two frame rails together which in all actuality strengthens the frame.

Hello John,

I have one with your name on it, Sir. I don't allow the little things in life to bother me, life is good. Thanks for the kind words and as always being a good friend!

OP
OP
L

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any chance of doing the "standard" Viper logo type script on it? Maybe even the snake head?
Is it cut with a waterjet?

We have a few left with the current font, but will make changes down the road using the logo and different fonts. Thanks!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude