May SELL - 99 Black/Silver GTS - what is it worth???

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

GREAT news! My wife is pregnant (we have been trying for over a year) and the ultrasound shows TWO babies...

I am excited on one hand, but if both are viable, I'll be having twins, and that is where my post comes into play...

Help me with a value on my car, as I would want to sell it since I would have my hands full and finances full for the next few years!

Here are the specs: 11K miles on a 1 of 26 color combination. Cognac interior under black with Silver stripes. I have EVERY original piece taken off of car (this includes original wheels/tires, since it now has GEN III wheels + Michelins.)
Extras include: smooth tubes/K&N, 65mm TB's, T&D RR's, HENN 5 into 1 headers with borla exhaust and Random Tech high-flow cats. Car has never been tuned and is on stock PCM. With a tune, I have been told it would pick up 30+ HP/TQ ( dyno attached).Sound system replaced with JL audio amps (2) Sub (1 X 10") and compnent JL speakers with a Kenwood stereo. Looks factory and everything is completely hidden.
Exterior is a 10 out of 10 and the interior is a 9.5 out of 10 (shifter ball is dark from use. Windows are lightly tinted and the cowl is painted to match.
Car has transferrable 5 YEAR/50K warranty from DaimlerChrysler with over 4 years/45K miles left! All work on car is documented with a Viper Tech and recall has been done.
I have ALL records from myself and original owner, including original sticker, sales receipts, correspondance after the sell... - Honestly, more records than you would believe and ALL original parts - EVERYTHING - even original air filter, oil filter, cats, stereo speakers...

This car is honestly PERFECT with all documentation 2 owners and full DC warranty. Paint was professionally waxed before this winter and the interior shows extremely little wear, the shifter ball is the only thing that shows use.

Help me with a good Selling price and "asking" price...

Thanks all,

Jason

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'd also estimate 47-49K for the car. The cognac will deter some buyers though.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the family expansion! If the buyer doesn't want the extra wheels and you want to part with the Gen 2 wheels, give me a holler. I'm looking for some 18s.

SuperSaiks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe its worth around 47,000-49,000. Because the car is rare and if someone is looking for that exact combo you might get more.

OP
OP
O

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice car. I was supposed to buy that car last summer when ForgedHorseman owned it, but backed out because of the engine mods.

I'm glad you backed out, your loss, as I have loved this car and really wanted that color combo. The engine mods are very mild and could go back to original (I, of course have the original parts) and my Viper Tech looked it through and said it looked perfect. Not to mention the DC 5 year Maxcare was written on it after the engine mods were done and since the Viper tech checked it, and documented it, it is all covered.
So, these engine mods did nothing but give it more reliable power and for all intensive purposes are "stock" in the eyes of DC...

It looks like if I put it up - I'll ask 49Kish... Thanks to all!

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! Having my daughter was the greatest day of my life by far! There will be plenty more time for you later for Vipers....I would have to say you could hold for $50k. I personally would ONLY buy it WITH the Cognac. I almost bought your exact car on a trade deal 5 months ago.

OP
OP
O

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! Having my daughter was the greatest day of my life by far! There will be plenty more time for you later for Vipers....I would have to say you could hold for $50k. I personally would ONLY buy it WITH the Cognac. I almost bought your exact car on a trade deal 5 months ago.

I agree, I bought this car, not only for the rarity and low mileage + documentation, but because the Cognac interior is incredible in person!

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OKViper,
I too passed on this car from forged horseman (i live 15 minutes from him) but that was only after I found my ACR which i wanted all along :)
I remember him telling me that if i bought it and and ever wanted to sell it to let him know, he might buy it back. You should call forged horseman and see if he wants it back :)
Good luck with the sale.

Silver_Snake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats on the twins, you are in for a real experience... :D
Our twins (boy and girl) are now 17, and as a pair they still never cease to amaze me. The good news, two at a time is only 1.5 times the work - it is actually easier two babies at once rather than two seperately. :2tu:

However, start saving for college now - because two at a time is going to be painful (absent scholarships).
God Bless!

OP
OP
O

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is your car still for sale? Please PM me....

Actually, on the confirmation ultrasound, there is only one baby. My wife is now 11 weeks pregnant and everyone is doing well.

I was only possibly selling this car. It was dependant on whether or not Linsey was pregnant with twins, since there is only one, I can forsee actually driving the car in the future!

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
absolutely PERFECT

wish I could buy a second Viper!! that would be my color choice and year

congrats on the babies:)

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats, babies are a ton of fun. We have a blast with my 1yr old neice. good thing is we can give her back when we had enough.

RMBSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best of both worlds!!!! Congrats to you and your family!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4