mods over the weekend

dave1123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
over the weekend a few upgrades were done to make my GTS even more special. I got a set of '98 and up headers and sent them off to jet hot to have them coated. I also ordered the Mopar/Borla cat back exhaust, as well as filters and smooth tubes. This weekend everything went on! WOW, what a difference! I had help from one of our club members, so we set off. first we stripped the old manifolds off my car and all of the exhaust components. I also picked up a set of '98 and up mid section exhaust pieces to mate up to the new headers. We installed the new headers and hung the cat back on. I took the mid sections to a muffler shop and had them put straight pipe in instead of the cats. Put the filters and smoothies in and we were done. The car seems to run cooler with the exhaust being bigger. what a jump in HP though!! the car is way more responsive and the sound is amazing. the lumpy cam makes it sound different than anything else. It was my first real major under taking with the car and I took pictures at every step. next is the dyno to see were it is really at for HP and torque. time to change my signature :D

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
uh oh! This will prove to be the first in a long list of mods you will make. You've been bitten by the performance bug! Believe me, I know how addictive this stuff is.

Congrats on your upgrades!

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey did you get the JetHot chrome silver coating?
Did you re-install your heat shields?
If you did (and your shields are not in place), would you please post some pics?
Any diff in temp(probably hard to tell)?
Thanks

OP
OP
D

dave1123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got the 1300 degree sterling coating. I did not reinstall the heat shields and I did take pictures through out the whole process, I'll post them ASAP. I can tell that the cabin is cooler while running and the engine seems to run cooler to which is sweet. I did take the cats out and that cut the side sill heat down to nothing.