Musty Smell comming from inside car

IL96RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well guys I can probably guess what it is but seems that now that I have started driving the viper again every tie I approach it I smell something like mold or musty type smell, after I get in drive a little it seems to go away or I just get used to it but when let the car sit another couple days and get into it I smell it again. Could it be possible some rain got into the carpet and is causing the smell. My passenger side window does not have a very tight seal to the door frame and it leaks in anything but the lightest rain, but there has never been that much water in the car just drops from the window.What do you guys think?

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that the smell of the competition that you smoked on the Streets, Drag Strip and Road Course?

:2tu: :D ;)

Jay K.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
A couple of things...

Check your HVAC intake...they are known to leak water in the cabin....also maybe coming from your A/C vents

Falconeer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check your floor mats after heavy rain. I found out my passenger side floor mat was all wet after a rain shower due to rain entering the cabin. It was a bad door seal, which has now been fixed. But the mats can stay wet for days which may give the foul smell..

Erik

OP
OP
I

IL96RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It seems to be the floor mats and carpeting, I just took a raod trip to Springfield and Indianapolis and it rained part of the way and water was leaking in through the door just above the speaker grill on both doors when the rain was at its heaviest. and the carpeting got wet. Is there any way to get the smell out w/o changing all the carpeting. i just bput a box of Arm and hammer under the passenger side seat and we will see.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960