MY 08 available for mid 60s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Better yet are you ready to step up to an 08 at a realistic price

Are you kidding me? We are in a deep, dark recession, on the way towards a depression and you want me to take my milk money out of my worthless investment accounts and buy another car, I have 5-vehicles now, no need to adopt another, unless the price is so ungodly cheap.

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you kidding me? We are in a deep, dark recession, on the way towards a depression and you want me to take my milk money out of my worthless investment accounts and buy another car, I have 5-vehicles now, no need to adopt another, unless the price is so ungodly cheap.
It is ungodly cheap as the car is on its way to being sold wholesale at the auction.The price you offered is a fantasy price that one could never buy a low mileage 08 for that has no issues.Once again if i can get low 60s at the auction WHY would i take an offerb from you in the 50s.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With all that is happening in the financial markets I don't think you
will be happy with what you get at the auction. PRICES ARE DROPPING
by the THOUSANDS EACH DAY. Sorry to say this but it is what it is. Now
is not the time to sell anything unless your wanting to take a BATH.

SORRY TO HAVE TO SAY THIS.

NOW IS NOT THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With all that is happening in the financial markets I don't think you
will be happy with what you get at the auction. PRICES ARE DROPPING
by the THOUSANDS EACH DAY. Sorry to say this but it is what it is. Now
is not the time to sell anything unless your wanting to take a BATH.

SORRY TO HAVE TO SAY THIS.

NOW IS NOT THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!
I know a buddy emailed me the last ones thru there (a few weeks ago ) were around 63-64 .I was wondering if anyone had last weeks data.

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
over 2300 views, Wow.

Just Not The Time
Its definately getting views ,in turn i have had some calls and offers (some absurd ).Next Wend (as i mentioned )i will have someone run it thru with a mid 60s reserve .

Dealmaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Date Auction Sale Type Price Mileage Cond Color Eng Trans In Sample
11/20/08 DETROIT $60,200 7,228 Avg LIMEGREN 10G 6 No
11/14/08 DETROIT $62,500 1,822 Avg DKRED 10G 6 No
11/14/08 DETROIT $62,500 772 Avg RED 10G 6 No
11/06/08 DETROIT $57,500 13,144 Avg BLUE 10G 6 No
07/31/08 DETROIT $73,000 4,908 Avg GREEN 10G 6 No
07/31/08 DETROIT $70,000 3,417 Avg BLACK 10G 6 No

Last edited:
OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you the same teenager who does not own a Viper (yet claims to ) and who has been barred from posting NUMERIOUS times by the VCA ?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you the same teenager who does not own a Viper(yet claims to ) and who has been barred from posting NUMERIOUS times by the VCA ?
PS ALL of my vipers are ABUSED LOL this is the exact reason an EX VCA National President proudly owns one of my old cars.

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Date Auction Sale Type Price Mileage Cond Color Eng Trans In Sample
11/20/08 DETROIT $60,200 7,228 Avg LIMEGREN 10G 6 No
11/14/08 DETROIT $62,500 1,822 Avg DKRED 10G 6 No
11/14/08 DETROIT $62,500 772 Avg RED 10G 6 No
11/06/08 DETROIT $57,500 13,144 Avg BLUE 10G 6 No
07/31/08 DETROIT $73,000 4,908 Avg GREEN 10G 6 No
07/31/08 DETROIT $70,000 3,417 Avg BLACK 10G 6 No

Thanks DEALMAKER i guess Darren Buhler was not far off when he told me low mileage 08s were bringing approx 63 at the auctions.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you believe that 1998 GT 2's are selling way above what an 08 will bring ? Even with the economy i see these cars are still selling above the 100K mark....

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you believe that 1998 GT 2's are selling way above what an 08 will bring ? Even with the economy i see these cars are still selling above the 100K mark....
I heard they were bringing great money still probably because they are so rare .I guess when there is only a few hundred made of any Model its bound to bring a high resale.Look at the Ferraris for instance they get full sticker (even in this economy )because they only bring in a couple hundred per model per year into the US.Same with the Ford GT with only a 2 year production run.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gentlemen

There seems to have been a rash of posts recently in a variety of sales threads where someone advertises a car or a part for a given price, and one or more people feel obligated to tell the seller that their price is too high, or the item is wrong in some way.

If you read a sales thread and you do not like the price, simply do not buy the item. but please keep your negative comments to yourself.

This type of behavior isnt fair to the seller, and it just cant be tolerated. from now on, any negative comments will simply be deleted. please show the sellers a little more respect in these types of threads. always keep in mind that YOU, may be selling an item of your own someday.

thank you for your understanding.

Last edited:
OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good point big:headbang: 1BAD...Good luck on your sale,I have to give it to you your REALLY trying:2tu:
Thank you, as previously mentioned i would MUCH RATHER see a VCA-forum member wind up with my car but maybe its just not meant to be.

salties

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gentlemen

There seems to have been a rash of posts recently in a variety of sales threads where someone advertises a car or a part for a given price, and one or more people feel obligated to tell the seller that their price is too high, or the item is wrong in some way.

If you read a sales thread and you do not like the price, simply do not buy the item. but please keep your negative comments to yourself.

This type of behavior isnt fair to the seller, and it just cant be tolerated. from now on, any negative comments will simply be deleted. please show the sellers a little more respect in these types of threads. always keep in mind that YOU, may be selling an item of your own someday.

AMEN

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gentlemen

This is a pretty silly new rule. I thought this board was to discuss vipers not a sales tool for viper owners trying to unload a car. That is supposed to be in the classifieds. I would suggest that you instead ban all posting that is a blatant advertisement to sell. That would seem to make a lot more sense rather than to choose the side of the seller.

You should show some respect to individuals who may be interested in buying a car and want to know all the opinions, both good and bad.

If you put your attorney hat on for a moment, you will also see that you are opening the VCA up to potential suites. If someone where to claim they bought a vehicle based on what they read here and then had some problem with the car and learned that you deleted something, they could run to court. Now they may never really have a case, but in this society that doesn't matter.

Last edited:

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
actually this isnt a new rule at all. it might be one that hasnt been strictly enforced, but i have already discussed the matter with kelley and i am being told that it is not a new rule here at all. we are also aware that other car forums have policies in place just like this one. so this policy should not be anything new to anyone.

first of all, if a car comes up for sale, discussing it wont be a problem. but i dont think comments like "that interior is ugly", or "those are the worst looking wheels i have ever seen" are appropriate. the interior might be ugly to you, but to someone else it may be just fine. i have also seen a few comments made lately about someones car, that made the seller very upset because the statements just werent true. comments especially like these, arent acceptable and shouldnt be made at all.

this club is in no way going to be able to monitor every advertisement for truthfulness and full disclosure. as with everthing you buy, a little homework might be required and is strongly suggested. if you want to know the details about a particular car, may i suggest using a service like CARFAX, or a making a post that goes something like this - "if anyone knows something about this car, please pm me."

is it my opinion that the sellers side be given a little more weight than the buyers side? yes i believe so, because afterall, the seller is the one who has spent the money to advertise the vehicle.

obvioulsy we will be dealing with alot of fine lines here, and we will be be keeping a close eye on those fine lines. but out of respect to the seller, please keep the threads on a positive note, and keep the insults and misinformation to yourselves. again, i ask you - how would YOU feel if you were the seller?

in repsonse to your statement about "banning all posting that is a blatant advertisement to sell." we are fully aware of that problem and have been discussing the best way to handle those posts. again, we are dealing with some fine lines here, and hopefully we will have a decision about the matter real soon.

again, thanks to everyone for your understanding.

fastlane8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought this board was to discuss vipers not a sales tool for viper owners trying to unload a car. That is supposed to be in the classifieds. I would suggest that you instead ban all posting that is a blatant advertisement to sell. That would seem to make a lot more sense rather than to choose the side of the seller.

:omg::2tu::usa:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The VCA is for many things and it's too bad that so many UNPAYING Enthsiasts are upset about selling priveldges of paying members - that's just one of the advantages of membership.

As has being repeated a few times, don't like it, don't comment. Read another thread that has more appeal to you.

Have fun, learn about Vipers and come here to ask the many experts and authoritys for help. Even pay membership and sell something.

TED

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The VCA is for many things and it's too bad that so many UNPAYING Enthsiasts are upset about selling priveldges of paying members - that's just one of the advantages of membership.

As has being repeated a few times, don't like it, don't comment. Read another thread that has more appeal to you.

Have fun, learn about Vipers and come here to ask the many experts and authoritys for help. Even pay membership and sell something.

TED

So you can only comment if you agree with something? That is pretty stupid.

I was a VCA member for a long time, then watched things go down hill quickly (IMO), so I stopped it. It doesn't mean I have lost interest in my Viper or Vipers in general, only that I lost interet in paying for something that wasn't worth paying for.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

not saying that at all. we are talking about the for sale threads, nothing more.

look, its already difficult enough to sell something in the crummy economy we are in today, but we dont need to make it even harder on each other by saying negative things or making false statements about an item someone is trying to sell.

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A major problem when people comment about a car for sale is that they know NOTHING about the car in particular and are giving there OPINION in most cases on NOTHING but heresay.

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not saying that at all. we are talking about the for sale threads, nothing more.

look, its already difficult enough to sell something in the crummy economy we are in today, but we dont need to make it even harder on each other by saying negative things or making false statements about an item someone is trying to sell.

EXACTLY, very well put.

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I was a VCA member for a long time, then watched things go down hill quickly (IMO), so I stopped it. It doesn't mean I have lost interest in my Viper or Vipers in general, only that I lost interet in paying for something that wasn't worth paying for.

Seems to me then you really have no say here anyway. Just my **.

Status
Not open for further replies.