My dreams of owning a Viper... Crushed today with a 20 min test-drive!

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I'm done with this guy..In defense I just had my knee scoped so I can't go anywhere, too many pain killers and it was funny for awhile. Just having some fun with this guy..

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OMG...They actually list cosemetic mods, now that's impressive and funny. :rolleyes:

Tie..... take a look... plenty of our Viper brethren put cosmetic mods in their sig......... and there are some 'bling bling' mods for sure.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man I love this forum! Viper owners are awesome! I like the dissing of all the GM guys and the long replies and then I can't stop laughing at how people say the vette is better than the viper.The only way a vette can get attracted to me is probably some outrageous kit or paint job but unless otherwise I see one every day and it get's boring.I've been lucky enough to get a ride in 2 vipers and I've had no probablem with them at all and as far as height goes what do I care!At least I know this car can do 180!Chuck should race that busa.That be awesome on vid. :headbang:

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"When I'm done w/ my vette it'll spank a viper in every category and cost less too."

And then you woke up and had your hand in the toiletbowl....

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Cobradude, how'd you expect us to respond when you come into our house and start talking cr@p about our cars? Back when I was considering a Z06 and a Viper, I compared two and in the end the Viper won hands down. Performance, styling, quality and fun factor...no comparison.

In your posts, you say you're 22 and a graduate of william & mary. Dude, the tone of your posts and your spelling makes you sound like you're going on 15. On top of that you go running back to the vette forum and whine about how you're getting dog piled over here. You sound like a kid who pokes a stick at a hornet's nest and gets his a$$ stung then goes crying to mommy.

The Viper isn't for everyone and obviously it isn't for you. If you don't like the Viper, don't buy it.

Thanks for the entertainment! :D

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OMG...They actually list cosemetic mods, now that's impressive and funny. :rolleyes:

Tie..... take a look... plenty of our Viper brethren put cosmetic mods in their sig......... and there are some 'bling bling' mods for sure.

I know some guys do and that's fine, it is merely a dig at vetteboy as he crys on the vette forums about us mean Viper Owners.
He needs to wipe his mangina and quit being so defensive about his little car and his little school.

BTW... Chicks really do like driving and owning vettes.

Tiepilot out.

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Z06 is a great car. I stopped messing around with corvettes though. I had a C5 then they came out with the 385 HP Z06. Glad I didnt buy one because they came out with the 405 HP Z06 soon after and now the C6 is close. I cant afford to upgrade with Chevy every few years.

Stock vipers and stock corvettes are not all that exciting.

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at my sig. Does it look like I care if GM or Ford makes a better performance car? Dodge is better known for bullet proof drive lines not fit and finish.I'm used to the negative comments about Hemis being overated STUMP PULLERS however their reputation says otherwise. The Viper is UNIQUE,like my previous cars, and that's why I own one.

BLOWNGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Holy crap, so now you're attacking the shool I went to!?? What the [******] is wrong with you people. I'm damn proud to graduate *** Laude w/ a degree from the second oldest learning institution in our country. I worked my ass of at a school most of you dumb asses couldn't even get into. Do some research. The average SAT's there are almost 1400 now and you'd better have over a 3.7 to even apply.

You all think people don't buy vipers b/c their scared or don't have enough money. Frankly, it was a cheaply made car w/ a big ass motor. You ask why people hop up vettes to meet a viper. When I'm done w/ my vette it'll spank a viper in every category and cost less too. I like to mod cars so even if I bought a viper it wouldn't stay stock.

I'm not brand loyal at all... I don't love chevys at all. I've had some problems with the car that I never had with my mustang. But, there is no other car on the market like a Z06 and I love it. If I had had a good experience in the Viper I'd have posted that too, but it really sucked. Many of you people are morons. And what the hell is wrong w/ posting my cosmetic mods. I'm sure if this sight gave you more sig room you'd all list it too.
You should be wearing cosmetics you William and Mary ***. LOL Eat my shorts and my 885 RWHP homo. LOL

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You all think people don't buy Vipers b/c their scared or don't have enough money. Frankly, it was a cheaply made car w/ a big ass motor. You ask why people hop up vettes to meet a viper. When I'm done w/ my vette it'll spank a viper in every category and cost less too. I like to mod cars so even if I bought a viper it wouldn't stay stock.

This thread brought to you for your Holiday Entertainment by:

ZO6 Vette Owner who does not get it :)

Lesson one.... Viper is like a (real) Cobra.... all for go.... what else do ya need ;)

Lesson two.... Fastest Cobra Replica I've ever been in, was powered by a Viper V-10.

Lesson three.... Yes, it is very possible to make a Vette fast as a stock Viper, but it will still look like every other Vette and thus be lost in the crowd.

In conclusion, If you want a fast Cobra (to match your user name)..... here is a SILLY fast one for less than 30K:

Supercharged Cobra Replica

Best Part. He'll even trade ya, his last post: "naw... looking to pick up a 99-2000 c5 vette..thanks though"

Warning, if you post on their forum:

"These are just kit cars, and not real Cobra's"..... do not expect a rousing "Welcome".....

spdrcrj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is an extreame dissappointment from this forum. An individual offers honest feedback and you revert to name calling and childish banter. Can't you take some honest critisism? Cobra's post were his observations. Some of you posted respectfully and offered advice and suggestions but most of you jumped all over this guy and got defensive right away. Reading this thread makes me all that much happier that I stuck with the Corvette crowd and bought my Z06. I would love to engage in some billy badass keyboard war with all you big tough viper guys but, unlike you, I'll show some maturity and leave this pathetic site. See you in my rear view. :2tu:

kgrif

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Let this end. This guy is just pulling our legs. spdrcrj said he was leaving this forum. GOOD now if the rest of the vette people with nothing good to say would leave all would be well. I post on the vette forum too as I own a Z06 and the Viper. Both cars are cool and in a different place. I personally like the VIPER more. But I don't go on the vette forum and tell them all the reasons I think it is better. Why rain on their parade. Different strokes as they say. Good heavens can this end now?

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cobra ... lest you forget, when you step foot into someone else’s home you are a guest. In case you hadn't noticed, this is the Viper Club of America. Get the connection?! :2tu:

Cheers!

Mopar

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree........

I've seen wings on cars in THIS section that would make a Ricer drop to his knees and
You must be registered for see images

Nothing like calling the kettle black. :D

MikesZ06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL Eat my shorts and my 885 RWHP homo. LOL

Probably not the best thread for my first post but I noticed the 800+ rwhp/rwtq in your sig.
Didn't see what area of the country you live in.
Sounds very powerful and I assume you probably take it to the strip now and then. If it's anywhere close by, I'd enjoy watching you run that bad boy some time. Please let me know where you run, if you get the chance.
Thanks. :)

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is an extreame dissappointment from this forum. An individual offers honest feedback and you revert to name calling and childish banter. Can't you take some honest critisism? Cobra's post were his observations. Some of you posted respectfully and offered advice and suggestions but most of you jumped all over this guy and got defensive right away. Reading this thread makes me all that much happier that I stuck with the Corvette crowd and bought my Z06. I would love to engage in some billy badass keyboard war with all you big tough viper guys but, unlike you, I'll show some maturity and leave this pathetic site. See you in my rear view. :2tu:

Internet rookies. Stick around a few years, get some posting experience then maybe you'll understand cyberspace persona. Until then, Nonyabusiness. :)

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll show some maturity and leave this pathetic site. See you in my rear view.

Please do so, but I very much doubt you're gonna see anybody here in your rear view! And your buddy did NOT come over here to offer honest feedback. He came here in an insulting and childish way, most clearly exemplified by his quote on the the Corvette forum that "I knew it would piss them off." That clearly characterizes him as a troll, and a dumb one at that. Most everyone here is either a former or still current Corvette owner and we all frequent the Corvette forum. And as I recall this dude was so stupid as to report to us that he had mentioned this thread back on the Corvette forum. In a nanosecond THAT became the kiss of death for him, as we ALL looked for that thread and then found the "piss off comment" At that point he was simply troll chum here, chum that needed a lesson in internet courtesy. You do NOT go to another forum KNOWING "it will piss them off" Then give "them" a clue that you have linked back and not expect the horrors of excess smack to descend. You reap what you sow. As one of his more intelligent buddies back on the Corvette forum thread said to him..."You do like to live on the edge, don't you"

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The year is 2067. Cobra4B has passed away and he meets God at the gates of heaven. "Well, son" God says, "What have you done in your life". Cobra4B responds, "Well God, I managed to piss off a bunch of Viper owners in the year 2003". God frowns and says, "What have you done since then?". Cobra4b (who is still shaking from wrecking his 15 second Corvette) proclaims, "Actually, nothing"

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm getting smarter as I get older-

I read half of page 1, then the last bit of page 5, and I didn't really miss anything! Plus, I saved 20 minutes!

Lets all go to the Ferrari Chat forum, tell them how crappy and overpriced their cars are, and how a Viper with mods can be made to stomp an Enzo, for less money!!

Then they'll call us ignorant knuckle draggers, who can't even spel. :D

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You won't see a Viper in your rearview, better check out your windshield, It's the only place you will see a Viper. BTW, we're glad you stayed in the active handling club. :rolleyes:

BlownC5Roadster

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I read half of page 1, then the last bit of page 5, and I didn't really miss anything! Plus, I saved 20 minutes!

Lets all go to the Ferrari Chat forum, tell them how crappy and overpriced their cars are, and how a Viper with mods can be made to stomp an Enzo, for less money!!

I am going to the McLaren site right after I post on the Ferrari board... :p

Black SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cobra4B,

Although the Z06 and the Viper use the same Tremec T56 tranny, your setup uses linkage where the Viper has a straight input. The Z06 shift gates are parallel to the centerline of the car at 12 o’clock/6 o’clock where the Viper is angled at about 11:00 o’clock/5 o’clock, roughly speaking. Having owned a couple of Vettes, including a ZR-1, it just takes a little getting used to.

I have a couple of friends that own stock 405hp, Z06’s and they have done 12.2 and 12.3 respectively in the 1/4 mile. No offense, but you drive like $hit. I would try and improve your 1/4 mile times by at least .5 second before moving ahead with any performance modifications. You need to harness what you have before going too crazy with mods.

HOdbleFman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got my 98 GTS back in the summer and didn't have a chance to make it to any viper events in the late summer or fall. I'm young and before I began posting on this board I thought all the people that owned vipers were a bunch of rich old bitter people. I couldn't be more wrong. It sounds like a bunch of guys like me. After reading funny $hit like this post, I can't wait for spring so I can go to some of the events and listen to some of you guys in person. This is some good stuff on here. Haha.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

I am going to the McLaren site right after I post on the Ferrari board... :p

:headbang: bwahawhawhawha!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rot8te