My first modification.......Decals !

MakeItHappen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:rolaugh:

Hello All ! I just purchased my 2002 Roe Supercharged GTS in Graphite W/Silver Stripes, 52k Miles, Red Interior and a lot more. I have some cleaning to do under the hood, just did a full service and once over at Tators Last week, and going in to get new 02 sensors before it heads to the Tuner and the Dyno the end of next week ! Best part was this guy already had the velcro strips on his glass for my Ez-pass!

From what i know so far, car was one owner with at least the following upgrades, finding more as i go.

Engine is 1 year old Arrow Racing, built with some upgraded internals (waiting on build sheet from them)
Roe Polished Supercharger w/8lb Pulley VEC 2
70mm polished throttle bodies
K&N Intakes w/smooth tubes
Water-**** Injection
MSD fuel voltage regualtor ?
Ron Davis Aluminum rad
New clutch with a Short Shifter, and that badass shift knob that doesnt get hot
Edelbrock headers
B&B Exhauast ?
Extended exhaust tips as they were apparently melting the bumper ?
HID headlights and Foglights

Some unique interior, he said he sent it to Tennessee or somewhere a few years ago and had it all redone, i really like this difference in colors.
Alpine XM/MP3 Headunit
(2) 1000w Hifonics Amps mounted behind both seats ?
MbQuart Audio with Kicker L5 flush mounted into passenger quarter panel

This Beast rips and roars all over town, pumping house music, and cold AC with my windows down... lol This thing is great.

Oh yea, so today i put on the Viper logos on the valve covers, and the new oil cap, and oil dipstick that i ordered from (name eludes me), but found it on this forum.
I uploaded some before and afters of those for anyone thinking of going that route. My factory logos were too worn out on the covers for my liking.
Also put on the Roe Stickers, got tired of seeing engine bays all nice looking, felt like i was missing something !

Now i just have to find the right tool to polish this supercharger ?

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
M

MakeItHappen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pictures Of car

OP
OP
M

MakeItHappen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys, i'm looking forward to a summer of Viper activities and getting to the track in August in Monticello, if not before. I've been busting ass at work for the last year or so, and told myself id get a reward in the spring if i hit my numbers ! Such a great car for the price range. Yea it's got the supercharger on there, after this next week of Tators and Tuning, I'll start shopping for the Valentine Radar, but looks like its worth just buying off their website. Can't wait to see where in the 600's this thing lands on the Dyno !

What do you guys use to clean/polish the rails and hard to reach spots on the top sides of the superchargers ?

Those exhaust tips are horrendous.

Otherwise a great car.

Yea i got them like that, apparently they were melting the underneath of the back bumper ? He had Tators install some metal shield surround thing above the tips, underneath the bumper.
I don't seem to mind them too much, but then again, i haven't had too many Viper owner opinions until joining here lol. It's look to be about a 4" extension underneath, but i know it was done to resolve a heat related issue so it's not on the top of my list to resolve.

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've never really paid attention before. Your washer fluid tank is mounted on the passenger side and mine is mounted on the drivers side.

Is this a custom mod or factory?

attachment.php

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the acquisition. Car looks great (I'd see about changing the tips when you get around to it).

Don't forget to add custom lettering telling the world you have "Roh Racing" stuff under the hood (bad joke based on another thread):rolaugh:

Welcome to the community!

OP
OP
M

MakeItHappen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've never really paid attention before. Your washer fluid tank is mounted on the passenger side and mine is mounted on the drivers side.

Hmm It came to me that way, that's why all that was left for me to do was decals, and some maintenance/tuning. He lost both of the VEC cards so i have to get new ones made at the tuner next week. Maybe he switched it, since in the same location on the driver side there is an oil catch can ? I know that was not factory. Also i need to get a smaller one for that since it works on gravity, and move it to the front lower frame rail. Tator's said a guy used to make one some people have, that was smaller and mounted closer to the front, since i need it to gravity drain into there ?

I ordered the aluminum decals right from Sean at Roe to make sure i wouldn't have such an issue, but i could imagine.....
Also if anyone has any feedback as far as why the tips would be extended, or heat issues they have had and how they fixed them back there, it would allow me to move in the direction of shortening them up.
Yea the VOI looks pretty crazy, Chuck saw me staring at a picture he has on his wall (idk which VOI) but about 600 vipers or some madness, lol he tried to point to where he was, with not much luck. I'm waiting until i get the tune done to really acknowledge i own it, and start planning for things like that.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score

attachment.php

Hmm It came to me that way, that's why all that was left for me to do was decals, and some maintenance/tuning. He lost both of the VEC cards so i have to get new ones made at the tuner next week. Maybe he switched it, since in the same location on the driver side there is an oil catch can ? I know that was not factory.

What the OP said.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the Viper Nation and congrats on a great car! LOVE the color combo (almost ended up with one before I found ole yeller....)

Robert

virginiavenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
rut roe raggy. your car looks like it's taking a steel tube dump :b otherwise perfect.

OP
OP
M

MakeItHappen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Rob, the color is what gets my Fiance on board with me keeping it, so it worked out well.

Yes, yes i get it steel tube dump, no extended exhaust lovers here ! Had it up at Tators again today for new o2's before the dyno, looked underneath and the exhaust angle thats there would have the tips touching the cover, which i don't want. I'll do some looking into it at some point.

Modification number two.....Vanity Plate showed up today ! :D I would be able to dyno tomorrow, but this 90+ heat up here is no good for that apparently, put off until next week. Once i get that done i'll start getting out to some of these events !

Attachments

• before and during.jpg
    before and during.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 35

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you get new cards for the VEC, make sure you save the original tune in the VEC now. Will probably make a great starting point.

OP
OP
M

MakeItHappen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you get new cards for the VEC, make sure you save the original tune in the VEC now. Will probably make a great starting point.

Yea i'm gonna have him burn the current tune onto a card, and then work off of that for the dry tune, and maybe write a new one for the wet tune with water ****. The guy seems to know his stuff, so reallly wanting to get this done if the weather would just cooperate and cool down.

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't understand the waiting on the weather thing for a dyno tune. Will you not be driving the car when it's hot out? I understand the Roe will heat soak, but I would rather have it tuned in the conditions in which the car will be driven in.

OP
OP
M

MakeItHappen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't understand the waiting on the weather thing for a dyno tune. Will you not be driving the car when it's hot out? I understand the Roe will heat soak, but I would rather have it tuned in the conditions in which the car will be driven in.

The weather up here for last couple days has been 95+, then dropping to 85+ for the weekend, then back to mid/high 70's next week, which will be the normal temperature for this time of year. So the normal driving temperature for the car will be 65-75 outside, ideally, so he understandably recommended not Dyno Tuning a Roe supercharged Viper, in his steel building, in 100 degree heat. If i will usually be driving it in weather that is 20-30 degrees less then that, i should wait and tune it in the average driving weather. It's just too hot and humid up here this past week, it will cool down by Tuesday and be back to normal, then i can get the numbers ! Never had a personal car on the dyno before, so im pretty pumped to see it all go down.

Jeffsss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nice!

i was on the fence on buyng a modded viper vs. stock. I opted for stock for many reasons but i sometimes second guss my decision.

OP
OP
M

MakeItHappen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nice!

i was on the fence on buyng a modded viper vs. stock. I opted for stock for many reasons but i sometimes second guss my decision.

Yea it was a tough decision in the beginning, but the fact this this car has a fresh, upgraded engine from Arrow last year sealed the deal. Didn't hurt that i shook the guy down pretty good on his price to make it worth it, and it was an hour away, as compared to the stock one i was looking at 14 hours away !

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where did you get the dipstick, oil cap, and viper valve cover emblems? They really look nice for some underhood bling!!! :) ---

OP
OP
M

MakeItHappen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where did you get the dipstick, oil cap, and viper valve cover emblems? They really look nice for some underhood bling!!! :) ---

I got the valve cover letters/logos and i believe they were around $100. Quality is ok, seems like they packaged them too long ago so i have a little funkiness on the surface from the sealant in the plastic. Actually meant to send them an email about that, thanks for the reminder !
They have the dipstick head ($60) and oil cap ($80) there, but they are charging twice the price of the other store ! Same parts..

I got those parts and the oil cap was $39 (even though picture looks different, this is the one they sent me) and dipstick $32, pretty good quality on these parts, you have to take the dipstick apart and use it with this head, seals up well. I needed to do something under that hood, next step is trying to clean up the polish on the throttle bodies and supercharger...

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm jealous. All those mods and still running stock wheels though?

OP
OP
M

MakeItHappen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea im not too big a fan of dropping $5k for the same size wheels, in a different style. I've looked around a bit since i'll likely need tires soon anyway, but haven't found any worth pulling the trigger for. Plus, not everyone gets to enjoy their Viper year round like some people :D