Nancy options on the Viper

gofastr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is it that Nancy options (a/c, stereo, ps, pb, abs, pw, pdl, etc) on the Viper are ok but nanny options (esc, tc, and launch control) are not?

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1st group add pleasure to the driving experience

2nd group removes pleasure from the driving experience

:eater:

(pdl :dunno:)

Tabs1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think everyone thinks that these electronic nanny devices are gonna save their butts when they make a driving mistake. Go over to corvette forum in the Z06 part and see how much it helps from not respecting horsepower.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey now! I like power windows! :)
And you should thank Supreme Being for power brakes. :D
If you listen closely, you can hear a bunch of Gen.I owners dreaming about power windows.

The first items are added because not everyone is an F1 driver. And although VCA Member and World's 2nd Strongest Man, Derek Poundstone, could easily handle his Viper sans power goodies, not all of us have his physique (though I'm pretty damn close...heh heh)

The only thing I'd adjust on the first list is ABS. It'd be nice to switch that off when it comes track time.

Check out the steering in an 90's Caddy and then on your Viper.
The valving on the Viper is so much tighter and quicker.
Would you really want ocean liner-type steering in your 500HP ride?

Like Tabs said: You must respect the horsepower.
If you don't, it will ruin your day/week/life no matter what power control devices are installed.

cash84

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why is it that Nancy options (a/c, stereo, ps, pb, abs, pw, pdl, etc) on the Viper are ok but nanny options (esc, tc, and launch control) are not?

A/C = without it, we would fry in the car

PS = Not everyone is HULK to turn those 275 on a dead stop

ABS = Required by Law

PW = When driving, its easier to push a button once then crank a handle which probably make you crash at 30mph

PDL = Isn't the Viper cleaner look with out a key hole visible and also the use for alarm system.

Group 2

ESC = for the worst car driver that shouldn't be on the road in the first place.

TC = For the ladies

LC = I could out launch any rwd car with LC with same type of tires

Forgot to add...nanny options are for ******* :lmao:

OP
OP
gofastr

gofastr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1st group add pleasure to the driving experience

:eater:

(pdl :dunno:)
Since you need more pleasure to make you more comfy while driving your Viper, maybe you also need power seats, heated seats, memory seats, cruise control, and electronic temperature control. BTW pdl is power door locks.:rolleyes:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since you need more pleasure to make you more comfy while driving your Viper, maybe you also need power seats, heated seats, memory seats, cruise control, and electronic temperature control. BTW pdl is power door locks.:rolleyes:

more is gooder :D

i'll take the cruise control though :nono:

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would still buy one even if it didn't have the Nancy options but wouldn't buy one with the Nanny options. Does that make sense???? Boy that Pelosi is a hag.

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would still buy one even if it didn't have the Nancy options but wouldn't buy one with the Nanny options. Does that make sense???? Boy that Pelosi is a hag.

No, I don't get it. Can someone please tell me why some people are so against having TC/ESC if they can be completely disabled by the driver? Why do they care? Seems that these people don't want the rest of us to have what we want regardless even though they could still have what they want.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, I don't get it. Can someone please tell me why some people are so against having TC/ESC if they can be completely disabled by the driver? Why do they care? Seems that these people don't want the rest of us to have what we want regardless even though they could still have what they want.

I'll tell you why. When a car is equipped with TC/ESC the usual defualt position is "ON", so to have any "real" driving fun you have to make a concious effort to turn the thing off. Otherwise, when you decide to get a little frisky the thing cuts in on you and ruins your good time.

Now if the default was "Off" I could tolerate it's presence, but that does kind of defeat the safety net for those who want it without thinking about it.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And one other thing.

Nancy Pelosi is HOT!

Now, where is my seeing eye dog?:rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh:

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll tell you why. When a car is equipped with TC/ESC the usual defualt position is "ON", so to have any "real" driving fun you have to make a concious effort to turn the thing off. Otherwise, when you decide to get a little frisky the thing cuts in on you and ruins your good time.

Now if the default was "Off" I could tolerate it's presence, but that does kind of defeat the safety net for those who want it without thinking about it.

Fair enough but that would be a simple thing to engineer in. Kind of like on my Jeep where I have a whole lot of options in the Info Center menu - do you want headlights on with wipers? Y/N, do you want to unlock all doors with one click of remote? Y/N, Do you want TC on or off at startup? Y/N, etc.

I had an 01 Camaro SS with TC. Default was on with a switch to completely shut it off. For less than $50 I could buy a module that reversed the default. I actually bought it but never installed it. Truth was the TC was very unobtrusive during normal driving. In fact never actually felt it except in the snow. I always turned it off on the track though.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are too lazy to switch a TC/ESC/?? button off, or turn your head lights on everytime you get in the car, that I question why you get off the couch in the first place. Bet most adjust the stereo before they go out, everytime! Same amount of effort.

Hold true to the no nanny "options", watch the Viper die on the vine and you will be as outdated as the "Mullet Boys".

Viper commandments need to be re-written or modified, they are kinda 90s, probably 80s.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are too lazy to switch a TC/ESC/?? button off, or turn your head lights on everytime you get in the car, that I question why you get off the couch in the first place. Bet most adjust the stereo before they go out, everytime! Same amount of effort.

Hold true to the no nanny "options", watch the Viper die on the vine and you will be as outdated as the "Mullet Boys".

Viper commandments need to be re-written or modified, they are kinda 90s, probably 80s.

yawn... yet ANOTHER ninnies for nannies thread. :rolleyes:

Mods are so lazy around here.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem with having an OFF switch is that sometimes it's not really all the way OFF.
In Rachel's Jag, we can turn off ESC.....but it will kick in if the computer senses an "emergency".
Several others have posted the same thing about other vehicles that have an OFF switch (Mercedes is a prime example).

I'm okay with it being on there, but when the switch gets hit, it better be OFF-OFF-OFF-OFF-OFF-OFF.

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem with having an OFF switch is that sometimes it's not really all the way OFF.
In Rachel's Jag, we can turn off ESC.....but it will kick in if the computer senses an "emergency".
Several others have posted the same thing about other vehicles that have an OFF switch (Mercedes is a prime example).

I'm okay with it being on there, but when the switch gets hit, it better be OFF-OFF-OFF-OFF-OFF-OFF.

agreed. off should be off.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

In line with what you're saying, an OFF switch at best just mean it's not actively doing what it's supposed to do, but it is still part of the electrical/computational system. Which still means more components to break and go wrong, even if it's not "ON".

Stupid... so many cars WITH nannies, and the Ninnies here go buy a Viper. Like someone with death allergies to peanuts and insists on genetically changing the peanut instead of just buying pretzels. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In line with what you're saying, an OFF switch at best just mean it's not actively doing what it's supposed to do, but it is still part of the electrical/computational system. Which still means more components to break and go wrong, even if it's not "ON".

Stupid... so many cars WITH nannies, and the Ninnies here go buy a Viper. Like someone with death allergies to peanuts and insists on genetically changing the peanut instead of just buying pretzels. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Oh, well said. Even if you are scared of playing tennis, you're ok in my book..........................

:D:D:D:D:D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala