Nancy options on the Viper

OP
OP
gofastr

gofastr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you serious? You can't tell the difference between A/C, etc and TC?

Have you ever tracked your car, or any car for that matter? And I'm talking about a real track like Sebring, Daytona, Road Atlanta, not some 1/4 run down a dragstrip.

Please buy a Vett or Ferrari or Porsche. Those are all three great cars and none of us will think the less of you.
If I track my car does that make me a real manly man?:lmao: Things are looking up. Somebody else told me to buy a Prius. :rolaugh:

Last edited:

VENUM INJECTION

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Honestly for me, its the psychological bragging rights of knowing that my grandmother could not get in this car,turn on the traction control and drive it. Its about the focus and skill required to drive it at all times no matter what,that appeals to me. Its raw unbridaled,pure,American muscle engineering. Sorry Warfang for making this thread go on any longer, but I am so proud of my Viper's rawness, but to each his own.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I track my car does that make me a real manly man?

No guarantee but I promise you will develop an appreciation for developing a skill with a car that demands and showcases driver talents. Y'know, like practicing throwing a football or shooting a basketball or hitting a fastball...well, something tells me you never did any of those things either.

Track it. You won't regret it.

OP
OP
gofastr

gofastr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No guarantee but I promise you will develop an appreciation for developing a skill with a car that demands and showcases driver talents. Y'know, like practicing throwing a football or shooting a basketball or hitting a fastball...well, something tells me you never did any of those things either.

Track it. You won't regret it.
No sense arguing with you. Something tells me you think you're never wrong and know it all.

korina

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have to agrree with Chuck here. Tracking a car will give you a greater appreciation of how the technology can make you a better driver. You're not better because you have a car without the newest technology.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to agrree with Chuck here. Tracking a car will give you a greater appreciation of how the technology can make you a better driver. You're not better because you have a car without the newest technology.

...but you CAN be a LOT LOT worse and not know it until it's too late.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No sense arguing with you. Something tells me you think you're never wrong and know it all.

Viper Days at Daytona next month. Just down the road from you. No reason not to have some fun and learn how to drive a 600hp car. That is, unless you prefer just looking at it parked in the driveway, in which case you don't need nannies anyway.

Here you go.
NARRA Online

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly for me, its the psychological bragging rights of knowing that my grandmother could not get in this car,turn on the traction control and drive it. Its about the focus and skill required to drive it at all times no matter what,that appeals to me. Its raw unbridaled,pure,American muscle engineering. Sorry Warfang for making this thread go on any longer, but I am so proud of my Viper's rawness, but to each his own.

My 58 year old, 5'1" mom drove my car last weekend. He purse was behind her, but otherwise nothing too difficult. It's not about how raw a car is, it's about how enthusiastic, of the car, the driver is.
She also owns a 1960 Corvette.

side note:
I was telling my brother how the Viper isn't that comfortable, and he related it to how my cousin's 996 911 wasn't that comfortable. I started laughing out loud, to the point my fiancee' asked what was going on. I told her what my brother said, her response "non-track 911s are for girls". I had to hang up on my brother. :lmao:

Nick

edit: for clarification, she was referring to your standard 911.

BolsOut

Viper Owner
Reaction score
...I think those that want all the computer assist stuff DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE TRUE NATURE OF THIS BEAST. The Viper is by Bloodline & Nature a Purpose Built Platform: BIG Engine, BIG Tires- GO FAST / GO LOUD.
:headbang:
Bastard Child of the A/C Cobra.
:usa:
The Germans & the Japanese use the computer stuff to further their idea of Technical (Societal) Perfection.:crazy2:

Americans have never felt the need to COMPENSATE.

Build it BIG, Build it LOUD, Build it FAST. Step up or dont. If not, get tha Hell outa tha Way.

Add that crap and you KILL tha Viper. It becomes a Corvette.

:(:mad::crazy2:

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes, adjustable pedals, seat all the way forward, and purse behind her back.

My car has the driver seat lowering kit.

Nick

korina

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why would you not want to add something that makes the car a better performering car, a car that has a better potential for performance? Why not use every possible technology? When the time come that my Viper is worn out and I buy something to replace it I'll buy the best car that uses latest technolgy or the best compromise for what I can afford. I hope that is a Viper ACR but I'm open to anything and Chrysler will have to earn my money.

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would you not want to add something that makes the car a better performering car, a car that has a better potential for performance? Why not use every possible technology? When the time come that my Viper is worn out and I buy something to replace it I'll buy the best car that uses latest technolgy or the best compromise for what I can afford. I hope that is a Viper ACR but I'm open to anything and Chrysler will have to earn my money.

Because it boils down to a simple difference in opinion/taste. You go buy that best car with the latest technology. Enjoy it! I was attracted to MY Viper because it is NOT that car. I like the retro Cobra-like quality. Neither of us is right or wrong, we just like two different cars. Which one will the Viper become/stay?? Only time will tell.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala