newbie-seats and pedal advice

randall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just got my y2k gts w/ 3900 mies,love this car!traded my nsx.
the only complaint i have is the seat and pedal position.
the seat feels to flat and i slide forward in it,also because it is flat it has no leg support and my leg gets tired quick.any suggestions?i'm thinking about shimming it up in front?
as far as the pedals go i order the lowering link for the clutch and sparco stackable pedals,btw i forgot to mention that i'm only five foot two and my problem is when i adjust the pedals close enough for me to engage the clutch all the way down the gas pedal is to close wich magnifies lack of leg support,the sparco pedal will be one inch thick i hope this helps.also the clutch pedal seems to have some play about a half to an inch can this be adjusted out?
thanks for any input,randall

artman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats. Just be glad you have a '99+ (or is it '98+?) model and have adjustable pedals. I believe Roe has a clutch pedal kit that shortens pedal throw, but also lowers the clutch pedal so it may defeat the purpose you are seaking.

Having previously owned an NSX also, I would say you have stepped from a exotic without the exotic ergonomic fufaws to an exotic that has them. Though, ingress/egress seems easier on the Viper than the NSX. Don't worry, your body will get used to the driving position after a few more miles......
biggrin.gif