Nightmares

Fletch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've dreamed for years about getting a viper, and last October my dream came true. But now that I'm the proud owner of a 2001 Sapphire Blue RT/10, I've had several nightmares about the car. I'm wonering if anyone else has had nightmares like mine.

Nightmare #1
I'm driving my viper, but it just doesn't perform - when I step on the gas, it just barely accelerates. This was the first nightmare I had just a few days after buying the car. I think I had this dream because I couldn't believe how well the Viper drove.

Nightmare #2
For some reason my wife drove the car somewhere and left it there - without the top, and it's starting to rain. I think I had this dream because my wife doesn't like the car (go figure!), so she doesn't respect it, andd never drives it.

Nightmare #3
My viper is in a parking lot, and as I approach the car there are some teen-age kids sitting on it. As they get off, one spills a pop on the car. I think I had this one because I drive my viper as much as the weather permits, but I only rarely will leave it in a parking lot unattended.

I told a friend of mine here about my nightmares, and he said he's had some too. Here is one he told me.

Someone breaks into his house and steals the viper, but he hears them and starts to chase them in another one of his cars, but it just can't keep up with the viper. He said his last thoughts in the nightmare as the viper was driving off were a mixture of panic and "what a great looking car"!

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't tell Wife in nightmare #2 about girls in nightmare #3 or nightmare #4 will come true (wife takes car to auction and sells for $20)!! :eek:

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That has got to be one of the stranger posts I have read here. Sorry bro, you got issues you need to work out.

OP
OP
F

Fletch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think it is funny that no one else has ever dreamed that something has happened to their viper - or at least is honest enough to admit it.

Great community guys - are we still in high school?

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you need any reinforcement or Validity. Perform the following steps:

1. Go to Garage.
2. Open Garage.
3. Crack open a Guinnes, Murphy's Stout, Caffrey's Ale, etc.
4. Stand there.
5. Stare at car.
6. Yes its real.
7. Yes its yours.
8. Yes its still Real.
9. Yes it will destroy most all cars on the road.
10. Yes, You will run out of balls before the car runs out of speed. (This is natural of even the High HP Vipers...don't sweat it)
11. Repeat Steps 3 through 10.
12. Send me the car, keys and title if you should need further help. I'm always here for you.

Jay K.

ps.

13. There is no step 13.

OP
OP
F

Fletch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
LOL - Now that is funny because I've done steps 1 - 5 on several occassions! With the weather here through the winter, it is a great car even just to look at!

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool.

I knew you'd appreciate the list. Let the Clowns who line up next to you worry about the "what ifs" as you powerfully confirm their suspicions in a whole sea of tiredust and tailights as their dates are getting out of their car and attempting to get into yours!

Cheers,

Jay K.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My only nightmare is that my wife will take me for every dime some day and I'll have to ditch the car, otherwise, find another hobby other than being obsessed with a car.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Fletch, honestly, you may be over-stressing on material objects. This only leads to pain, because nothing lasts forever, and no car can ultimately make you happy. Most people, me included, always want more power, or a better car, etc. So getting all wrapped up over any car is a mistake. Too much emphasis on a material object causes stress, and sets you up for dissapointment. The desire for more and better things has no fufillment, ultimately.

Just hold on to the things you own "loosely", enjoy them when you can, don't expect them to be perfect, and loosen up a little?

I don't fault you at all for being honest about having dreams. Thats a common human experience. Its just that most would feel shame, or fear of rejection to admit that negative dreams do sometimes happen, and so would rather not share something so personal with others. Your dream shows you have too much emphasis on your Viper.

Thank you, that will be $1000. See you next week?

OP
OP
F

Fletch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Vic, well, I don't think I'm "over stressing" - I just thought it was interesting that I would dream about the viper. Obviously there is no ultimate fulfillment from material objects.

It would be foolish to feel shame or fear rejection about having "negative dreams". Everyone has them. Why is sharing that you dreamed that someone stole your viper "too personal"? Give me a break.

Too much emphasis on my viper? HAHAHA I don't think so. I know where it stands in relation to my wife, my children, and my job - below them all.

Anyway, all this philosophical talk about the meaning of the dreams and the condition of my mental health was not my intention when orginally posting - I was simply curious if anyone else had experienced this.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Why is sharing that you dreamed that someone stole your viper "too personal"? Give me a break.
I don't think its too personal, or at least not for me. I just meant that it might be perceived that way by some.
Too much emphasis on my viper? HAHAHA I don't think so. I know where it stands in relation to my wife, my children, and my job - below them all.
Sounds like you got the right perspective there! :2tu:

That will be another $1000, and very well spent, I might add. Zee you next veek. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas