OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: NY/CT VCA NY Auto Show Trip

Did you know that Bi o-energy is 110 octane! :moon:

Hmm...when you show up with "Nitrous" tanks in your red viper (plumbed to your seat cushion) I will be scared. :D But seriously, I'm going to start finalizing the bus contract stuff this week and send out email blasts to our members about it. Andras and Joe are definitely interested in this. Carmen (PA) has also planned a trip to the show but, sadly, they won't have time to come to South Salem for eggs that day. I guess we'll have to deliver. Speaking of which, I think the SRT engineers would love some of your eggs Chuck. I'll touch base with you this week.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes separate location from the auto show. Details will be provided. Yes public information, share away.

So, the big unveil will be on the 4th. If I can fly in, I would be getting there on the 5th or 6th. When is the whole group going? the 4th or sometime during the weekend?

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So, the big unveil will be on the 4th. If I can fly in, I would be getting there on the 5th or 6th. When is the whole group going? the 4th or sometime during the weekend?

The 4th as that's when the private unveil/party will be with SRT and VCA members.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dang, :( I will be working thru the week. I really wanted to make this. You guys have a great time and take LOTS of pictures!!! :2tu:

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wouldn't it be awesome to cruise down there? We would need a police ****** with all the traffic once we get into the city though!!

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes, that would be cool, but only if the weather held up...at least for the earlier gen's. Police ****** would be soooo fun!

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Update:

Well, what an exciting month it has been as news of the special GenV unveil is officially out. For those that haven't seen this yet, this is the official GenV Party thread: http://forums.viperclub.org/threads...veal-Party-Update-gt-gt?p=3036083#post3036083

The exact itinerary for April 4th is not yet clear but should be on the invitations so keep an eye out for them. As it stands now the plan for the bus is as follows:

Departure Location: Tator's Garage South Salem, NY
Departure Time: April 4th (afternoon)
Return Time: April 4th (late evening)

As more details about the unveiling itinerary are made available, we'll nail down the bus times for you.

The goal, right now, is to have a bus take us to/from the GenV party on April 4th. For those of you wishing to stay overnight, the VCA has arranged an official hotel with special rates for VCA members. There will be a cocktail party on April 5th. More details about the official hotel and rates can be found here: http://forums.viperclub.org/threads...o-Show-with-Cocktail-Party-let-s-meet-Stryker

If you are interested in riding the bus to/from Tator's Garage, please let us know ASAP. Obviosuly, the more that ride the bus the cheaper the rate. Seats will be made available for VCA Members and their guest that have registered for the GenV party. So keep an eye out for those invitations from SRT and register ASAP!

Stay tuned for more details....

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bus List:

Peter
Tony + 1
Viperguynick
Chuck
Greg + 1
JPL+2
Sophia
Nick
Mike B
Mark

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ed + Courtney are IN (unless I find a way to get press credentials and get in there early hahaha)

mgeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: NY/CT VCA NY Auto Show Trip April 4th

Tony, please count me in as well. I also just got the invite in the mail, the unveil is at 7:30pm, the party is from 6pm to Midnight at Skylight Soho, 275 Hudson Street. It says the dress is "New York Chic". So does that mean I can't wear my red Tator's Garage t shirt and beat up jeans drinking Budweiser?

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tony, please count me in as well. I also just got the invite in the mail, the unveil is at 7:30pm, the party is from 6pm to Midnight at Skylight Soho, 275 Hudson Street. It says the dress is "New York Chic". So does that mean I can't wear my red Tator's Garage t shirt and beat up jeans drinking Budweiser?

Excellent! Just got mine too! Yes, you can wear whatever you want. I was going to weart a deviled egg costume.

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bus List:

Peter + 2/3
Tony + 1
Viperguynick
Chuck
Greg + 1
JPL+2
Sophia
Nick
Mike B
Mark
Ed
Courtney
Mike G

Randomaccess

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The invite asked what viper you are driving to the event.... Anyone know what the parking situation is?

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The invite asked what viper you are driving to the event.... Anyone know what the parking situation is?

I received calls with the same question. Looking into it and will post details as soon as they are available.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tony, decided that my daughter is too young, so its myself +1.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

STUGOTS is looking to go if anyone has an extra. he would like to be the +1.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Keep in mind the plus 1 pays $100. also.... or thats how I read it

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Keep in mind the plus 1 pays $100. also.... or thats how I read it

Yes, it's $100 per guest. That's what I got charged when I registered. I received a couple of calls about the donation fee but it is mandatory and SRT is running the show. The donation is going towards the New York Police and Fire Widows' and Children's Benefit Fund. A very worthy cause and I'm sure we'll get our money's worth at the party. :2tu:

VIPPY2

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Guys and Gals;

Some of your neighbours from Canada are attending at a cost of $ thousands, the charity is very worthwhile we didn't blink.

Everyone should consider it a priviledge to be included in what will be be a once in a lifetime event.

Thanks again to the New York/New Jersey and other members who helped in the arranging.

Should be an absolute blast.

See you in April.

Cheers

Jim

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Guys and Gals;

Some of your neighbours from Canada are attending at a cost of $ thousands, the charity is very worthwhile we didn't blink.

Everyone should consider it a priviledge to be included in what will be be a once in a lifetime event.

Thanks again to the New York/New Jersey and other members who helped in the arranging.

Should be an absolute blast.

See you in April.

Cheers

Jim

Jim,

thank you for the kind words but on the NY/CT side my partner in crime "ViperTony" deserves all the credit on this end and also looking forward to meeting you in Apr. Adrian

Randomaccess

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I received calls with the same question. Looking into it and will post details as soon as they are available.

Any word on this? the space they rented looks like a big open space that could accommodate vehicles indoors :)

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm cool with the $100 for me, but another $100 for my 7 year old?

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Okay, since I couldn't get a clear reading on what the deal is with taking my son, I decided to register just myself. On the registration page, it asks if guests is under 21, makes me wonder if its an appropriate event for a 7 year old...so I opted to not take him.

Tony, please adjust list to show only me attending.

Also, just got my invite in the mail (though registered already), and it says event is from 6-Midnight with the reveal at 7:30pm. Guess I thought is was a daytime event (similar to the car show). Since this is the case, what time would the bus leave from Tators and then when would it leave the event to return (just trying to plan in the event I need a babysitter).

Thanks!

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm cool with the $100 for me, but another $100 for my 7 year old?

It's SRT's event and they're calling the shots on it. I'm certain we'll get our money's worth though. :2tu:

Also, just got my invite in the mail (though registered already), and it says event is from 6-Midnight with the reveal at 7:30pm. Guess I thought is was a daytime event (similar to the car show). Since this is the case, what time would the bus leave from Tators and then when would it leave the event to return (just trying to plan in the event I need a babysitter).

Thanks!

I suspect we'll leave early afternoon and return around 10pm or so unless folks want to stay until the very end. More than likely, I will be staying overnight but others have to get back to work the next morning so we'd like to get those folks back to Tator's sooner rather than later. I'm sending out another email blast about the trip this week and will post the itinerary early next week. Suggestions are welcome on departure/return times.

Any word on this? the space they rented looks like a big open space that could accommodate vehicles indoors :)

There will definitely be parking available. Arrangements are in the works and SRT will be provide an update to attendees once finalized.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks Tony, sounds great. Think I'll just take the bus in and home....not high on the idea of taking the RT into Manhattan.

Looks to be a great event, can't wait!

Peter

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Peter
Tony + 1
Viperguynick