Poll...Least Desirable Viper Color??? (a REAL poll)

Least Desirable Viper Colors??? Pick 2

• Red

Votes: 73 22.5%
  • Black

Votes: 19 5.9%
  • Dandelion Yellow

Votes: 94 29.0%
  • Emerald Green

Votes: 162 50.0%
  • Stone White

Votes: 53 16.4%
  • Blue

Votes: 12 3.7%
  • Silver

Votes: 43 13.3%
  • SteelGray/Graphite

Votes: 18 5.6%
  • Race Yellow

Votes: 25 7.7%
  • Sapphire Blue

Votes: 22 6.8%

• Total voters

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This poll is so funny....

1. Since we already own one, the results are biased by the inverse of sales figures. You wouldn't vote for your car color, would you?
  2. The first four colors listed were the only ones available for Gen 1 cars (red, black, yellow, green). Combined, these colors are being voted as the least desirable!? Yet someone purchased enough Gen 1 cars to lead to Gen 2 cars.
  3. So that means owners bought cars in colors we didn't like? Or that the poll should be adjusted for what type car and color the voter owns now? Or that Gen 2 owners don't like Gen 1 owners?
  4. BTW, how come the percentages don't add to 200%? If everyone voted twice, it should.

EXACTLY!

"Funny" is not the -right- word here....... perhaps 'flawed' ?
and "Poll" ? More like a "pole"............

PS: 94 and 95 were different yellows. GIGO

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, Jon. I guess suggesting this poll will be inconclusive isn't working.

I do like the trivia that has come out - most green cars went to Canada (I bought my green Viper from Montreal) and that there were two yellows. I can't seem to find the registry - after dandelion yellow, what was the other one?

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I can see by the poll that at LEAST 52 people on this forum are smoking crack. :lmao: RED ROCKS......and GTS's without stripes are ***, lol. :rolaugh:

Eat me.........

OK. I'm not really game for the ****** innuendos. But your hood vents... Are they a stripe matching black in color?!? I am the King of stripe/vent fashion. Feel free to PM me to discuss.

:eater:

OP
OP
D

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interpret these results as you like. I have studied some on the topic of deceiving statistics and understand that these numbers can be interpreted from a few diff perspectives. The reason I made this a multiple choice poll and told everyone to vote for 2 was to spread the distribution a little and make the results less skewed towards the low production colors. It was assumed that if we only picked our 1 least fav color that the majority of votes would be for the low production odd colors like the green/lightyellow/white. This wouldn’t have been very interesting as the majority of us don’t drive those colors. So basically my way of interpreting these results is viewing those lowproduction color votes as throw-away votes and I just look at the results of the other colors.

I didn’t want to leave the Gen1 colors out of this one (and also wanted to fill up the max of 10items for a poll) but if I was to do this again in the future it would most likely be a Gen2 specific poll.

Lastly, I would like to say that “Least Desirable” to me when it comes to vipers doesn’t mean much. Even if I was to inherit a red or silver viper(my picks), I would simply stripe em and Love em just as I love my B/W. :drive::usa:

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you drop the low production colors of green, yellow, and white the least desired color is red (the most popular color?) by a 2:1 margin over the next color, silver. Deceiving or uninterpretable?

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interpret these results as you like. I have studied some on the topic of deceiving statistics and understand that these numbers can be interpreted from a few diff perspectives. The reason I made this a multiple choice poll and told everyone to vote for 2 was to spread the distribution a little and make the results less skewed towards the low production colors. It was assumed that if we only picked our 1 least fav color that the majority of votes would be for the low production odd colors like the green/lightyellow/white. This wouldn’t have been very interesting as the majority of us don’t drive those colors. So basically my way of interpreting these results is viewing those lowproduction color votes as throw-away votes and I just look at the results of the other colors.

I didn’t want to leave the Gen1 colors out of this one (and also wanted to fill up the max of 10items for a poll) but if I was to do this again in the future it would most likely be a Gen2 specific poll.

Lastly, I would like to say that “Least Desirable” to me when it comes to vipers doesn’t mean much. Even if I was to inherit a red or silver viper(my picks), I would simply stripe em and Love em just as I love my B/W. :drive::usa:

If you are trying to qualify this poll as scientific and meaningful, sorry. It is only entertainment. And good entertainment at that. But zilcho scientific value.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sad to see Emerald Green as losing...has ANYONE seen this color in person??? One of my faves, but yes, it's a personal opinion! ~juli

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sad to see Emerald Green as losing...has ANYONE seen this color in person??? One of my faves, but yes, it's a personal opinion! ~juli

Maybe it is because everyone deep inside wants one...but since they don't pop up for sale very often, are bitter at the fact they can't have it... :D:eater:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe it is because everyone deep inside wants one...but since they don't pop up for sale very often, are bitter at the fact they can't have it... :D:eater:

There ya go!!! :D Yeah, that color just really *pops*...I've always loved it since seeing it in person. :headbang: ~juli

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with you on this one. Never liked stripes on any car.To me it is a distraction of the lines.
Ron

I would've agreed with you and Tailwag before seeing our new 2008~! (We had solid BLACK '05 SRT before this...loved, loved, loved it!!!) The nice thing about this GTS Blue w/silver stripes? There doesn't seem to be another around here! :cool: ~juli

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't even like red on ferrari's.

Silver always look best on fine machines. IMO Shows the curves and loks mechanical.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't even like red on ferrari's.
Silver always look best on fine machines. IMO Shows the curves and loks mechanical.

NOT to hijack or change the subject, well it's ON topic, but wrong car...I got the RED Corvette because it was available and was the paddle-shifting 436hp, Z06 exhaust I wanted...but I would've preferred it be in BLACK...it's like when my daughter saw it and said "Oh, that's such a GIRLIE color"....AAAAAAUUUUGHHHHHHHH!!!!! LOL...I am NOT into 'girlie' colors!~! Of course, color is a personal preference for anyone! ~juli

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if this truly shows the Emerald Green (this car has since been sold by ViperJames quite some time ago)...you truly have to see it in person! VERY much like the Aston Martin Green...absolutely GORGEOUS!
viperjamesemeraldgreenrt10.jpg

~juli

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if this truly shows the Emerald Green (this car has since been sold by ViperJames quite some time ago)...you truly have to see it in person! VERY much like the Aston Martin Green...absolutely GORGEOUS!
viperjamesemeraldgreenrt10.jpg

~juli

ViperJames' emerald green was sweet. This is one of my favorite Viper colors.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperJames' emerald green was sweet. This is one of my favorite Viper colors.

I KNOWWWWW!!!! I miss seeing that gorgeous car! He really had a sweet, sweet sounding Emerald Green RT. ~juli
Tony, don't you agree that color would have to actually be SEEN in person to appreciate it? :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think what makes the green is that it's Emerald Pearl Green and has something like a subtle hint of metal flake in it.

Not to stir the ***, buy when I was looking I wanted anything but red, since I was going to drive to work daily and didn't want it to stand out. I would have taken black, but stumbled across a green one in Montreal. Being in NY, that saved flying somewhere to pick it up and I bought it from a VCA member sight unseen (well, one emailed picture.) It's perfect for me - dark, subtle, yet a magnificent color (when washed.)

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think what makes the green is that it's Emerald Pearl Green and has something like a subtle hint of metal flake in it.
Not to stir the ***, buy when I was looking I wanted anything but red, since I was going to drive to work daily and didn't want it to stand out. I would have taken black, but stumbled across a green one in Montreal. Being in NY, that saved flying somewhere to pick it up and I bought it from a VCA member sight unseen (well, one emailed picture.) It's perfect for me - dark, subtle, yet a magnificent color (when washed.)

Wow, I totally agree, Tom!~! Didn't know there was an Emerald Green so close by!
We'll have to meet up one of these days~~:2tu: ~juli

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I KNOWWWWW!!!! I miss seeing that gorgeous car! He really had a sweet, sweet sounding Emerald Green RT. ~juli
Tony, don't you agree that color would have to actually be SEEN in person to appreciate it? :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Yes, must be seen in person. Interestingly, when I was looking for a Viper, I hated yellow until I saw it in person. I guess the reason I hated yellow so much was that, at the time, the yellow Z06 was plastered on every car mag out there.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, must be seen in person. Interestingly, when I was looking for a Viper, I hated yellow until I saw it in person. I guess the reason I hated yellow so much was that, at the time, the yellow Z06 was plastered on every car mag out there.

AND that was our Z06...lol...the YELLOW '04~! :D NOT a fan of yellow on the Vettes, but a resounding YESSSSSSSSSSS on VIPERS~! :2tu: As is, or as a Bumblebee...both look fantastic. ~juli

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know why you guys are hating the green, but oh well. personally for me red, because it is so cliche to have a red sports car. so unimaginative. like a red corvette. just because the first sports car was red, so many people just assume that red belongs on a sports car. so very over rated. anyway, heres one, the graphite and steel grey are two different shades, so why lump them together? if youre going to do that, you should just lump the yellows together, as well. MHO. and for my second pick, red.:D

when is someone going to do a gen3/4 poll?

OP
OP
D

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you drop the low production colors of green, yellow, and white the least desired color is red (the most popular color?) by a 2:1 margin over the next color, silver. Deceiving or uninterpretable?

Yes , with over 7,000 units, Red is the most popular color produced.
That dosnt change the fact that many of those owners would trade in a heartbeat for a different more desirable color.

and Yes i agree that it would be deceiving AND uninterpretable to relate this poll the term popular as it is not what this poll is about. :nono:

Popular has more to do with quantity/majority/beingCommon
A Honda Civic is a very popular car
while
A Dodge Viper is a very desirable car

Desirable is the topic of this thread

OP
OP
D

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
anyway, heres one, the graphite and steel grey are two different shades, so why lump them together? if youre going to do that, you should just lump the yellows together, as well.

good eye, i was wandering if anyone was going to complain about that :D

Why? because the poll is limited to 10 , and there is 11 gen1/2 colors so one had too be merged.
that left me with a choice:
2 yellows : Dandelion & Race
2 blues : GTS & Sapphire
2 grays : Steel & Graphite

hmmmmm, lump the yellows together like you suggest???
bad idea considering one got many more votes than the other.
I had to keep the blues sepatarate since they are such distict colors. So that left me with the Grays

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The poll generates no statistical data that supports your proposition that owners of red cars prefer another color since the poll does not show what color car the voters themselves had. In fact, unless you have information to show Dodge ignored customer requests, red was ordered and purchased more often than other colors. The fact that red continued from Gen 1 into Gen 2 cars indicates that it must have been desirable. Your observation that the two yellows received different amounts of votes was only after the fact and cannot be used as justification. Better choice would have been to lump colors based on car counts.

One of my not-so-fun jobs at the big oil company was helping our lawyers determine if competitors' comparative advertising was justified or not. This would have been easy pickin's.