punk kid stealing my valve caps

vipersrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
parked my viper way across the lot, so as to avoid doordings, etc, decide to go outside and see some kid wondering around it, then he goes over and is close to the car, looks like he is keying it. i run down and he sees me and starts walking fast, i look at the car and see the vlave cap is missing, and no damage, i go after him and say what the [******] r u doing, he says taking a picture of the car with his cell phone, which he shows me, i tell him to give me the cap back, he denies it vehemently, he is like 16 or 17, a big guy , athelete no doubt, i tell him he's lucky i didnt actually see him do it or i would put him to sleep. i was going to take him down and break his arm, but he was under 18 and no damage really done, just pissed me off, i scared him anyway. not worth hurting him unless he vandalized the car

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hes gonan key it next time he sees it....shoulda beat his ass to a pulp and taught him a lesson. I wouldn't give a [******] if hes 14 let alone 18 if hes old enough to steal hes old enough to get a beating (Just make sure no one else is watching).

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone posted something similar not too long ago. They were taking pics of their car at a car show and when they got home and looked at the pics, they noticed that there were 2 kids taking their valve caps. If Im not mistaken, the kids belonged to a member here. :eek:

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I picked up my new Viper, my first stop was AUTO ZONE, I bought 2 sets of chrome valve caps for $5.00. Learned from past experience...Much better solution...I also have motion sensors, which I can turn on or off, when needed and it helps, it gives them a warning and pages me, up to 3000 feet away, to let me know someone is touching the car...

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
actually it was Dimitrios and heres the pic of the theft lol.

70616435captheft-med-med.jpg

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Somebody stole my valve caps while my wheels were sitting in the tire store waiting for me to pick them up. (The store replaced them for me.)

What does somebody want with valve caps anyway?

TriGuy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I missing something? Are we talking about the little metal cap that screws on top of the valve stem? You were going to break a kid's arm over taking that?!

Man, if they leave the car alone and just take the valve caps, let 'em have it. You pay >$70k for a car and you are going to break a kid's arm for stealing a cap worth a $1? Am I the only one that sees something wrong here?!

TedK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Valve cap theft is quite common around here.(what are they doing with them?.."yeah, my bicycle caps are from a Viper!") Did not bother me with the RT/10, just black plastic, but these SRT caps are nicer, maybe I too will buy some "extras" so no one can steal the originals. If that's all they do to the car, I am more than happy.

Reaction score
Am I the only one that sees something wrong here?!

I think so. I can sometimes see if very young kids are ill-behaved around the car. I had on very young kid step up to look at the hood and stepped on the dront splitter. At a certain age...it is the parent who needs to be "adjusted". However, at a certain age, a child is expected to show proper respect for other people's property....I have worked very hard to teach my 16 year old about these kinds of values and morals. Any other kid in late teens who thinks it is OK....well, they gotta learn somehow. Funny thing is, when I was 17 I did something I shouldn't have and got popped. Did I deserve it? Yep. Did I think the person (adult) was wrong? Nope. Did I ever do it again? NOPE! Why does it matter how much I spent for a car?

Reaction score
BTW TriGuy...I found a pic of your car and uploaded it for you. :)

Thanks! :laugh: Very kind and thoughtful of you! (You didn't erase the valve caps off the wheels in the picture did you?) ;)

LOL!!! Ya' know...if I had been in my right mind, I would have found one of the pics from the side and done something!! LOL!! :)

Casey 111

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont get why anyone would want to steal valve caps anyways? Not a very flashy suviner if you ask me.

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:
"Am I the only one that sees something wrong here?!"

TriGuy, I have an idea, why not send your valve caps to
vipersrt10 to keep him out of jail...LOL :laugh:

No, you're not the only one seeing something wrong here, I agree with you and stated so above, buy extras...

ERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Some punks stole the "prancing horse" ones that were on my 360. I really didn't care except I had to go to Walmart to get replacement ones. I could have gone on ebay and got replacements for 20-30 bucks but I paid 4 instead. I was just glad they didn't vandalize the car. They make locking ones but imo that will just make the punks f*ck with your car even more and damage the valve stem.

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's that key down the side that I fear, What I really fear is the uncontrollable anger if I caught them doing it. I would rather they do anything but that. Never had the valve stem caps stolen.

I must have a sixth sence as to where to take my car. I never have a problem, but then again, I don't take it out to often.

Skip White

Skip

OP
OP
V

vipersrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I missing something? Are we talking about the little metal cap that screws on top of the valve stem? You were going to break a kid's arm over taking that?!

Man, if they leave the car alone and just take the valve caps, let 'em have it. You pay >$70k for a car and you are going to break a kid's arm for stealing a cap worth a $1? Am I the only one that sees something wrong here?!

-if i actually saw the guys hand on my car stealing my valve cap i woulda put him to sleep or broke his arm, its not the value its the principal, and it wasnt a little kid like pictured above, this guy (why he wants the valve caps i dont know) was about 16 or 17 but he was at least 6-4 and 190lbs and looked like a high school baseball player, to top it off it was in a very nice area of town......but the whole thing also was what you said is is worth to hurt this guy and get into trouble over a little part and he didnt vandalize it so oh well......but you guys wait and see what you do when u catch someone tooling around your viper

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone posted something similar not too long ago. They were taking pics of their car at a car show and when they got home and looked at the pics, they noticed that there were 2 kids taking their valve caps. If Im not mistaken, the kids belonged to a member here. :eek:

nope, wasnt any viper members kid. actually think it was a kid from around town that lived near by and came to check out the cars.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

nope, wasnt any viper members kid. actually think it was a kid from around town that lived near by and came to check out the cars.

Oops, sorry. :p