pushstart wiring diagram needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I'd have included a little more information and a few more red arrows on my lowering thread, would that suddenly become too valuable for Joe Blow non-member? I wrote that to document and share an experience, not to make membership to the VCA more valuable.

Gotta have either CAD files or crappy cell pics for the pay section! :rolaugh:

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The second part of my point is that Bottlefed wrote up the how-to to share with other Viper owners, not just members of the VCA, which is why he posted it where he did. It was the author of the DIY tutorial's intent to share this information with EVERYONE, but the VCA quarantined it and kept it to themselves and its members.
I agree.
I don't like that the VCA hides stuff from other Viper owners just because they choose not to be members. So now I don't do write-ups when I have a project, I just share some info and let others ask questions.
I also don't upload the pics to this site like I used to. As DY showed us, a lot of those "valuable" write-ups are worthless without pics. I load them on to a photo site and I can take them down if I want. That way the VCA can't claim ownership.

If none of US posted write-ups then there would be no How-to section. The VCA is not providing this service, WE are :nono:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VCA is not providing this service, WE are :nono:

Don't forget they provide the computers and IT support. And when DY went down, the VCA took down his photos as his property, as no longer a member. Non members don't get server space.

Bottom line is that the choice to have those write-ups for members only is a site policy.

No one makes anyone come here. Just like if you don't like opera don't go, same can apply here.

Start your own site using your time and equipment. Free for everyone but you it will be. Your opinion will change.

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What's the harm in letting a *GASP!* non-member learn how to do something to their car? Maybe they'll be more inclined to join if they see the benefit of the site as opposed to members mocking them for their inquiry. I see this policy scaring off more potential members than inviting them in. Do you think anton is rushing to his wallet to pay $110 for a site that's already treating him like a ***** for not obediently forking over dues? Especially after the first 3-4 replies to his post?

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I won't comment on whether certain info should only be available to members. I guess the line gets a little fine. None the less, I do not understand why someone would buy an expensive car like a Viper, use the VCA's resources (for 5 years by the way), and not spend the $100 or whatever it is to join the club. Seems penny wise and pound foolish.

Ok, I can see that some new owner might not know about the club but that's not the case here. Someone that owns the car, knows the club is here, benefits from the club, should be in the club IMO.

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wore a Barney costume to the movie and said I shouldn't have to pay because I'm a Barney.

They mocked me. I haven't been to a movie since.

Decent analogy. Here's another:

I was going to BBQ some steaks and had problems with the igniter. I smell burgers cooking next door and ask the guys circled around the pit for some help cuz normally they're helpful when it comes to propane, cook times, seasoning, etc. We all love us some BBQ so we've been helping each other for years with this stuff. But when they find out that I'm asking about the IGNITER as opposed to any of the other topics, they ask me for money to join their BBQ club and make fun of me for not being a card-carrying member after all this time.

My other neighbor actually had told me how to fix the igniter previously, but I had since forgotten and the BBQ Club had seized that information from him and would only release it to those paying their BBQ dues.

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As an ex member, current Viper owner and long time poster ( about 9 years) , I can remember when the how-to were "public" and why the VCA decided to change this policy.
This site will have lot less traffic and therefore advertising income, if it was for members only.
Everyone that post on this site, regardless of their status, enthoushiasts, owners or members, contribute EQUALY to not only the sucess of this web site but also to the stated goal of the VCA which is to promote the VIPER, not the club.

I know quite a few peoples that are NOT members, do NOT even post on this web site and contribute WAY MORE to the promotion of the VIPER by racing them, than a whole lot of members that seems more interested in those endless "Zaino" threads rather than driving their car.

If someone come to this board and ask a Viper related question, we should ALL be willing to help him as much that we can without telling him to first show us the money.
It's not only insulting but also very short-shighted.

Thanks to Jason and Bottlefed for showing the TRUE Viper spirit.

I won't comment on whether certain info should only be available to members. I guess the line gets a little fine. None the less, I do not understand why someone would buy an expensive car like a Viper, use the VCA's resources (for 5 years by the way), and not spend the $100 or whatever it is to join the club. Seems penny wise and pound foolish.

Ok, I can see that some new owner might not know about the club but that's not the case here. Someone that owns the car, knows the club is here, benefits from the club, should be in the club IMO.

Last edited:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My problem with the availablilty of KEY and alarm wiring to the public is because maybe the pulic include theives that aren't smart enough to know how to steal a Viper - my Viper. I prefer that info be hidden and only accessed by Viper owner/members. You can't join without your viper's serial number.

Herb Helbig and the SRT engineers are also hidden in the members only sections and I'm fine with that too. I get enough hassels and insults from mainly enthusiasts that come here to post garbage that Mustang GTs can bolt on a $5000sc and go 8s. Another person comes here and says that the GTR is a GREAT car (he's never said that about a Viper. He says that a Z06 is faster than Vipers and a ZR1 is a fantastci car and "10 times better to drive". I prefer that Herb and the SRT engineers con't HAVE to answer these idiots as they're protected and only answer to members.

I wish to state to any theives reading this thread that MY Viper is difficult to steal and there is NO power to the key, doors or anything when the alarm is on. Please don't break my window so that you can try and steal my car, again.

Ted

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry Ted, I was afraid you were going to say this on here.
The info you are so afraid everyone will find is all over the internet, as is most every late-model car in existence.

MODERATOR EDIT: INFORMATION AND LINK REMOVED. IT MAY BE OUT THERE BUT BY PUTTING IT HERE YOU MAKE IT EASIER. DON'T DO IT AGAIN.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm just saying that drug heads and theives would ask us for info to steal out cars. Thieves are usually to lazy to actually learn how to steal cars properly or research alarm/ign wiring. It's pretty hard to think properly while stoned on crack, otherwise they'd learn how to slimjim the doors instead of smashing out windows.

I even installed a $5. OFF switch hidden in my Daytona to make sure my car stays where I park it so MY cars are safe. But stupid theives (aren't they all?) smash windows to try and steal cars.

AND ... it's against the law to shoot them in canada.

Ted

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm just saying that drug heads and theives would ask us for info to steal out cars. Thieves are usually to lazy to actually learn how to steal cars properly or research alarm/ign wiring. It's pretty hard to think properly while stoned on crack, otherwise they'd learn how to slimjim the doors instead of smashing out windows.

I even installed a $5. OFF switch hidden in my Daytona to make sure my car stays where I park it so MY cars are safe. But stupid theives (aren't they all?) smash windows to try and steal cars.

AND ... it's against the law to shoot them in canada.

Ted
anton isn't a crack-head, and most crack-heads couldn't defeat our alarm systems even if they had the info to do it.
Furthermore, this discussion isn't about crack-heads getting info to steal our cars, its about allowing everyone to share information and not just allow the members to use the how-tos that WE submit.
I can see if the VCA provides the info or other benefits, then they have the right to only allow members to use/view it. But to take info posted on the site by users, and without asking permission, sequestering it off into a private area, and deleting it from the other sections is wrong. It is not the VCA's information to hide, it is the members' information. And in this situation, THIS write-up is my information, and I choose to let it be FREE :2tu:

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, I have well documented info on many of the projects I have done including, LED gauge lighting, fascia/hood/headlights install and adjustment, water/**** injection install, WBO2 system install, HID install, nitrous install, and coming soon, engine rebuild info, that I will never write-up for this site because I don't believe in these policies.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know quite a few peoples that are NOT members, do NOT even post on this web site and contribute WAY MORE to the promotion of the VIPER by racing them, than a whole lot of members that seems more interested in those endless "Zaino" threads rather than driving their car.

Is that official notice that we are supposed to be missing those people that do NOT even post here. LMAO, *** do they even matter for then? This is the VCA site, and if they don't come here then why speak of them?

And as far as your quote above, you can kiss my back side if you think you're in charge of what people consider important on their cars. You ain't. Some people want to maintain their cars to a high degree without any competition use of them and when a track rat claims their holiness over those people as manlier men, well KMA luc. I have zilcho respect for someone that shows none themselves.

Oh yeah. Illustrated Upgrades are available to VCA members only. Site policy. ;)

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, I have well documented info on many of the projects I have done including, LED gauge lighting, fascia/hood/headlights install and adjustment, water/**** injection install, WBO2 system install, HID install, nitrous install, and coming soon, engine rebuild info, that I will never write-up for this site because I don't believe in these policies.

I'm not sure what your point is. I believe that info is already available.

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As an ex member, current Viper owner and long time poster ( about 9 years) , I can remember when the how-to were "public" and why the VCA decided to change this policy.
This site will have lot less traffic and therefore advertising income, if it was for members only.
Everyone that post on this site, regardless of their status, enthoushiasts, owners or members, contribute EQUALY to not only the sucess of this web site but also to the stated goal of the VCA which is to promote the VIPER, not the club.

If someone come to this board and ask a Viper related question, we should ALL be willing to help him as much that we can without telling him to first show us the money.
It's not only insulting but also very short-shighted.

Your argument doesn't fly with me. I have tracked and raced my Vipers for 12 years now but I also enjoy and read the Zaino threads, tracking my Viper does not make me a better Viper owner or more passionate than someone who doesn't. I agree with Dave on this completely.

What I don't understand though is why you won't spend the small amount to join the club especially since you obviously know and appreciate the benefits of doing so. This seems a bit short sighted since the VCA is the single biggest advocate for the car that you seem so happy with. Whether or not the "Illustrated Upgrades" section should be available to non-members is debatable but why would the club even exist if there are no benefits available to members that aren't available to non-members?

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since this thread has completely left the realm of anything to do with a Viper, I've moved it to the Board comments/questions forum.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to be clear, we often copy (not move) posts to the Illustrated Upgrades in order to preserve them for our membership. And we usually try to PM the original poster to let them know what we are doing. We have left the posts in the regular forums upon request as well, as some people (like Bottlefed) don't want them made "private only". We obviously have no desire to take somebody's hard work and restrict it so nobody else can see it. Dave6666 is a prime example of this, as some of his "how-to" threads are legendary. We consolidate some of them to the Illustrated Upgrades to make them easier to read (remove unrelated replies) and easier to find.

Now, while we own the site and the contents therein, we don't go out looking for posts to claim ownership - we only try to provide our members a service by consolidating the most informative posts to a central location. Most often these posts are brought to our attention by the original poster or somebody else that suggests it be copied to the Illustrated Upgrades.

Most importantly, please don't confuse "membership" with being registered on the site. ANYBODY can register on the site for free - much to some people's consternation. The VCA pays a considerable amount for programming, maintenance, servers, and hosting. Throw in countless hours, days, weeks, and months of time that our moderators and admins spend running the site (all donated) and that free registration does nothing to offset any of that.

What really makes this site possible is PAID memberships and advertising. Those guys and gals with "VCA Member" under their user ID paid to be here and get more benefits from the site. Those folks with VENOM under that title paid even more to help support the club and this site. Those with "Site Sponsor" as a title paid still more to help support the site. Everybody else, including other Viper owners, are simply taking advantage of what other people paid for. Nothing wrong with that per se, or we would make it a private site. But when you can easily pop for $115 a year and help support the site (or buy a raffle ticket to help even more) and don't, well, it's disappointing to all of those that do.

Anyway, that is my humble two cents. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950