Red Deer Viper cruise nite- every night

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drove the new GTS/ACR today. Just another fast Viper and not raising my adreneline like my Roe car. I'll have to fill the Nitrous and Methane bottles to get 800rwhp out of this car. Paxton equals only about 600rwhp and only after 3,000rpm.

Buying it anyways. I see several improvements that I will make to improve the numbers. Anyone got a bigger pulley?

Ted

Wouldn't a bigger pulley on the s'charger slow the compressor down? Or would it be a bigger crank pulley?

1OF76RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is anyone planning on going to the first Thursday night cruise night tomorrow. I got to get my car out since I finally got it back. Took it for a short cruise tonight. It was great, First time in over 6 months.

OP
OP
H

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is anyone planning on going to the first Thursday night cruise night tomorrow. I got to get my car out since I finally got it back. Took it for a short cruise tonight. It was great, First time in over 6 months.

WOOOHOOOOO!!!! :bounce:

:needpics:

I may jump in and run over. :drive: Call if you are able to go for another spin.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wouldn't a bigger pulley on the s'charger slow the compressor down? Or would it be a bigger crank pulley?

You're right, I meant a bigger BOOST pulley (smaller diameter). I did find some issues with the car. Fixing up nicely. Installed new slotted/drilled lightweight rotors front. After clean up and shock height adjustments the shocks are perfect, but the Paxton oil return line is loose or needs replacing. I'm finishing up Ceramic pads and waxing the chromed ACR wheels (in and out). It seems that it's been awhile since anyone cleaned the suspension. I buffed/polished the hood and nose paint. Bad wax because the paint sure shines after the polishing. Wax will even make it more spectacular.

I rerouted some wiring and made that look nicer. Changed out the brake fluid and I've been working my way though the other fluids. lol, I wonder if the antifreeze and water will improve the hp since the Paxton intercooler was empty. I've been polishing the aluminium blower, i/c etc. This car feels kind of eerie ... if you couldn't hear it, you wouldn't know that it was running. Hate engines that run that smooth :)

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You guys could do Friday night and cruise here!!! Williams Lake car show at end of May. Only about 9 hrs from Calgary.

Ted

OP
OP
H

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need to move to Red Deer, the weather seems to be better there. I just finished shovelling off my deck..again.:crazy2::crazy2:

Or cruise on up and go with us.:2tu:
Met up with 1OF76RT/10, Crompton, and BREADMAN and after admiring Steve's new front end, roof and white stripes for about an hour we had a nice cruise around town and a short highway run.:drive::D
Steve will still have to post some pictures of his awesome upgrades. Good job Steve.:headbang:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ice just left the Lake this evening before dark. Snowed last three days.

We'll be in Edmonton June 4th to head out to Jasper with Trevor and you guys. Close enough? Next you come here?

Had a friend that lived in Innisfail, Lawrence Lanaway. Havn't seen the guy since '79.

Ted

1OF76RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, Here is a quick one I will take a few more tonight

Attachments

• new viper 005.jpg
    new viper 005.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 25

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

This is off my cell.Looks much better on the cell or as a small picture.comers out fuzzy when you upsize it.

Last edited:

1OF76RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are a few more

Attachments

• DSC_3351.jpg
    DSC_3351.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC_3348.jpg
    DSC_3348.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC_3353.jpg
    DSC_3353.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 19

1OF76RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No just painted the panels with stripes. So far speed bumps have been OK but curbs for sure, 3-1/2 inches of clearance. I changed spring caps over winter so that lowered the car 1/2"

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've got Eibachs and about 2 1/2" (at the chin spoiler). It's usually fine. The 2000 ACR (Red with Silvber stripes) has about 2" when I bought it and I've adjusted the spring up a bit both frint and back. Not done with the brakes yet though.

While driving it home it would scrape on the highway over stiff bumps. Way too low. The extended nose reaches about 10" farther forward than the stock chin spoiler? Your new nose is fiberglas?

Good luck.

Ted

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So i got a pm today from StyVip out of leduc.Seems and this is hard to say but seems team yellow may have another member 2002 Rt10 yucky yellow.lol He is looking to join us when we have a few runs on the weekends.He is currently working on his viper membership so will be great to have another car in the group.So until his first offical posting i wish to welcome him to the fun of Viper time.

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yellow is faster !!!!. haha.. Never thought I'd say that as red has always been the fastest but now its yellow. .... that is until I buy a blue Viper. :lmao:

OP
OP
H

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone up for a cruise today??? BREADMAN has to go to Calgary this aft about 2. Anyone in Calgary want to meet up for a java?
Call or post.

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not sure to calgary need to see what Jodi has for today.Boy is going to aunt and uncles and we have a work thing at 6 tonight but if she has nothing up them the both of us may join for a little run.

OP
OP
H

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crompton, we will give you a shout and let you know when we are leaving. Steve may be able to join us too. Where is SUPERWSNAKE? Have not seen any post from him lately.

RTTTTed, I went for a drive to put on some break in miles on new motor and can finally get some mileage. At 75-80 mph I got 24mpG (20 USg), and when I did the math at 70 mph I got 28.4 (23.7 USg). You can do the math yourself, I used 53 L to go 332 miles.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You have too many yellow cars. Know you're referring to a yellow GTS, just don't know which yellow car? The Paxton snake? That's better than any Viper mileage I've seen. Dan's 08 SRT10 got 22mpg(US) on the way to Detroit and I got the worst mileage of all 6 cars with my Roe at 19.8/20 (US). My Paxton gets slightly less and the mileage goes down when speed goes up(Venom rear spoiler?). The GTS mileage didn't care what speed between 55 and 90mpg.

Ted

OP
OP
H

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have too many yellow cars. Know you're referring to a yellow GTS, just don't know which yellow car? The Paxton snake? That's better than any Viper mileage I've seen. Dan's 08 SRT10 got 22mpg(US) on the way to Detroit and I got the worst mileage of all 6 cars with my Roe at 19.8/20 (US). My Paxton gets slightly less and the mileage goes down when speed goes up(Venom rear spoiler?). The GTS mileage didn't care what speed between 55 and 90mpg.

Ted

Ted, It is HSSSSSS, just put in the Fat Albert NA motor. They could not get it to tune and only got 550 RWHP-560 torque out of it. It would not idle right, ran at 2000RPM for 5 sec before dropping to 700...sometimes 15 sec. That is annoying at a light with the noise it makes. The left bank would run too rich and sometimes put out blue smoke. Just came in from cleaning it after 750 mile run yesterday and was under hood trying to figure out what could be wrong when I noticed the throttles were not both opening at the same time. On further investigation I noticed the screw that adjusts the throttles to open together was MISSING. Put a screw in and adjusted it. Fired it up and it idles perfect (other than it has a cam lump like my '70 440 6 pack :D).
I called Steve at Davenport and he wants it back as soon as I can get it there. I told him 2 weeks because it is going in Mon. for paint. We both feel better knowing we will be able to get better power.:2tu:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The tuner didn't notice the TBs? You noticed it stopped and looking under the hood and the tuner ran it and didn't see that??? That may take him a long time to live down.

I hope that it works out this time. If it doesn't fix then check your primary oxy sensor wires for a bad connection or break/short.

I heard that a certain (Edm) member bought FatBoy's 300mph 1100 n/a Gen 2 Viper. Hoping that he's going to tell me all about it at Jasper.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21