Red SRT-10 arrived...

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Woodhouse delivers again !!! Many thanks to the Viper PRO's at Woodhouse for making this a special Christmas for my wife, Elaine. Bill Pemberton GETS THE JOB DONE !!! THANKS Bill and Bob, and an extra THANK YOU to the unbeatable delivery Team of Rick Maxwell and Nancy Shanno (noting that they covered almost as much ground as Santa had to cover...with a bigger trailer!!!).

Wishing Everyone a HAPPY NEW YEAR,

Steve

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats!!!! Can you PLEASE take some pics of the stable??? I am dying to see all those snakes hibernating for the winter. Hugs to you both!

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dang, Woodhouse has the "A" team doing deliveries now. I wondered how many crews they could muster up to deliver all the cars they have on order.

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Guys. I must say that we were both delighted and surprised when Bill told me WHO was delivering the New Baby...nicest folks in the world... Nancy and Rick know more about Vipers than I'll EVER know! I must add that Rick can turn, back, and park a 48' trailer on a postage stamp !!!

THANKS, again, to the WOODHOUSE TEAM !!!

FANGS/Indiana

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve and Elanie,
Congrats on the new snake,I was hoping to get ours on the same trailer but Bill informed us that it was still in Detroit. They think it will ship on the 3rd or 4th, then when ever they can get it out to us.
I'm with Janni, I want to see the snake pit at your house it must be impressive. I may try to post a photo of our new pit when the SRT-10 gets here, It dosen't have as many snakes as yours but it's lookin good.

Still waiting,
Todd AKA FANGS/Indiana

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
You've got my number...Actually, she OCCASIONALLY takes my along with her...but, for the most part, we do go in separate Vipers.

And, yes, I CAN work on them...and wash them...etc...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Todd. I initially thought Tarry-and-Your Viper WOULD be on same load...actually thought about leading the trailer to your place.

Rick backed the Viper off of the trailer straight into the garage. With the residual snow and a TON of salt of the roads around here, the Snake can rest for a few days...hopefully rain and 54 degree temp will clear the roads in a day or two.

I did note a couple of interesting things in the owner's manual:

Break-in....said the usual speed limit thing, and vary the RPM, stay below 4000 RPM, NO full throttle action....ALL for 500 miles...but did NOT give any hint of the graduated break-in as published in Spring 2000 Viper Mag referring to the 2000-2002 model years.

Lube & fluids:....looks like "Castrol Syntorq LT 75W/85W" for tranny...but the differential recommendation was for "Synthetic Manual Trans Lubricant75W/85"...HAS to be a misprint !!!...expected to see Syn. Gear Lub. 75W/140...will have to check on this !!!

Coolant....5 yr. orange stuff (HOAT), not green stuff.

Guess that we have a "few" miles to go before we worry about above since we have NOT DRIVEN it yet !!! Need to resist the urge to take it apart today to see just how it differs !!!

Let us know when yours arrives !!!

FANGS/Indiana

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,
I have a question;I know that Elaine wont let you ride in the SRT-10 with her driving so the question is will she let you drive the car or do you just get to work on it
smile.gif
?

Have fun,
FANGS/Indiana

Herman Buehrle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,
Congratulations on Elaine's new Viper;-)

Remember, the new Viper has a viscous coupled rear differential, not the posi we're all used to. From what I remember, it's based on the Grand Cherokee, so it MIGHT use the same fluid.

Also, back in the "earlier" MOPAR days, factory fill for the manual transmissions was ATF. Another fluid you wouldn't expect. With them, acording to the manuals, if there was excessive gear noise etc. to then refill with gear lube.

So, in short, it's probably not a misprint.....

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
THANKS, Herman...I appreciate the insight !! Will see what evolves.

Hope yours arrives SOON...the more one looks CLOSELY at this beast, the MORE it appeals...even to an old S.O.B., such as yours truly. At present, 03 "rooming" with an 01 and a 95...easy to see differences...I like them ALL !!!

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Differential fluid update: Just left a Dodge dealership...2003 Viper manual (wine colored) shows Mopar Synthetic Gear & Axle Lube 75W/140 plus additive for the 2003 diff...NOW, which is it gonna be ???

M

mclean

Congrats Steve and Elanie!!!!

We cannot wait to see it when the weather warms up a bit
supergrin.gif

See you at the January meeting.

Tim & Liz

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
MANY THANKS, Kevin. We certainly appreciate hearing the correction from such an authority!

We LOVE the SRT-10...and marvel at the fine job that you and PVO/CAAP have done to get this Baby into our hands !!

Happy New Year to ALL !!

Steve and Elaine

P.S. Hi, Tim & Liz...hope for decent weather for the meeting, and she'll probably drive it.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kevin493:
Steve-Indy... thanks for pointing out the error in the owner's manual for the axle/differential fluid.....

..... I'll make sure it gets fixed. FYI, the manual transmission fluid is also the same as recent years... Castrol Syntorq LT 75W/85W. Thanks again for catching this mistake... and best of luck with the new car.

Kevin Stepinski
PVO - Viper Drivetrain Engineering

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I vote this addemdum is hereby known forever as "The Fess Addendum"
supergrin.gif
supergrin.gif
supergrin.gif

Only you, Steve, would catch that so quickly. You're giving Tom a run for the Fluids Geek title.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stevw, with all due respect (and admiration for your new snake), please stop responding to the posts here, and get some pics of your SRT and post em!! Even pics IN your garage!!

SRT=Happy New Year!!

Tomer

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Janni...BUT, Tom F.L.G.of R. REALLY KNOWS the stuff !!!

Tomer...you have mail... pics that a Viper friend took and sent to me by e-mail...only had two.

A couple of close friends (and Viper owner) stopped by today...we ALL agree that THIS Viper is VERY different in a positive way... can hardly wait for weather to clear for a test drive, as we have only driven the VOI.7 preproduction SRT-10's.

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve - send that SRT here to Va Beach and I'll break it in for you. I'll even take pictures and post them. No snow, and was 67 degrees today. I'll send you my 77 3/4 ton Power Wagon to help you through that long winter ;-)

Seriously, congrats on the new ride!