Replace Fog Light?

TheMilkman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have searched and haven't found much on the part for replacing the fog lights.

I noticed I have one that is cracked, bummer I know.

I also noticed that the size and shape are very similar to the lights on my SRT4.

I saw there is a thread on parts that are the same, yet don't have the Viper "tax" associated.

Does anyone know if the SRT4 lights fit in the Viper, or if there is an equivalent replacement?

Both the Viper and SRT4 are 2008's.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, it's about $150 through the dealer. Debating on whether it's irritating enough for me to get replaced, or to live with :rolaugh:

OP
OP
T

TheMilkman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be living with it for a bit, as the light still works. It's just the glass is cracked and I was worried about water getting in there and making the light not work.

I think I might pull out the lights and compare SRT4 w SRT10 and see if there is something similar.

mykes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Both of mine are cracked,so i put them on my xmas wish list and santa (wife) got them for me.Won't put the new ones on till i cover them in 3M.Remember xmas is only 6 months away.

08Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Covering them in a clear bra material is a good idea.I replaced both of mine at a cost of 165.00 CDN each,and one is already cracked again.Next time I will definitely cover them to enhance longevity.

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of mine is cracked in my GenII but only cracked after installing the halogen or high intensity bulbs to much heat, would be my guess

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had a fog light bulb replaced for $85 thinking the warranty was going to pick it up. An estimate before hand would have been nice, as I replaced the other side already by myself, when they handed the bulb to me under warranty :(

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put a on an adhesive product made by Leader

Leader Headlamp Protector and Repair

It's about 1/8" think, doesn't discolour or get 'cooked' by the light.

I bought the 2 headlight set and then just cut them to size.

I put them on lights that already had a crack so it keeps the inside of the light dry. It's also preventing further damage.

They're for sale at local auto parts stores in Calgary. I don't know if they are available elsewhere.

Greg

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One more thing. They're basically invisible. Certainly less visible than a crack!

Greg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960