roe fan kit

GTSII

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

how useful is it to have the fan going if the pump is not (engine off)?

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I fitted one to my GTS, my concern was when switching off and not able to pop the hood for a while to let head escape from under there, things would cook!

You should feel the hot air that comes out from the hood sides as the Roe after-run fan kicks in (it works off an independent thermostat)!

Cool air is drawn through by the fan, the coolant in the rad is cooled from the fan induced air flow, and so as heat rises hotter coolent circulates and moves into the rad be cooled. Cool huh!

Most modern day cars do this anyway, I was surprised the Viper didn't! Roe kit is only about $100 and is a quick an easy install.

OP
OP
G

GTSII

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Since its a "no down-side" and inexpensive modification I will be going with it.

Having said that, does anyone have a good idea of how much coolant will actually flow through the engine block with pump not turning over?

McGuireV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is always a controversial question. There are certain people here who will insist it doesn't do any good. All I can say is, go stand next to a hot Viper when that thing kicks in, and fifteen seconds later you'll be whipping out your checkbook. It's cheap, it certainly doesn't do any harm, and it moves a hell of a lot of hot air.

Worth every dime.

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Based on what I read, it runs until the engine is cooled down to an acceptable temperature.

Dodge Viper Fan Control Kit
http://www.roeracing.com/index.html?token=69620437-1389751086-764446408&A=42&B=Parts%20%26%20Upgrades

It is recommended that a fan timer be installed on 2000+ Vipers

Fan Timer
http://www.roeracing.com/index.html?token=69620437-1389751086-764446408&A=42&B=Parts%20%26%20Upgrades

The fan timer relay limits the amount of time the fan kit can operate. Intended for Vipers that run hot or operate in hotter climates where the fan may run long enough to weaken the battery. Recommended for 2000 and newer Vipers. If purchasing a fan kit on this order, we will pre-wire the fan kit and timer assembly at no additional charge.

You must be registered for see images

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After the engine is shut off, the heat from the engine soaks into the coolant in the block, as you have noticed most cars are up around 220 or more after sitting a bit, well the fan kit kicks on and cools the rad. down, and you can be sure the thermostat is open at 220 so the coolant will circulate the same way the overflow system works. I think this is the way it works, but to prove it does cool down the engine also, turn on the ignition after the fan shuts down, and there you have it. The water temp sensor is in the block, thus proving what has been cooled down.
The temp is usually down about 20 degrees. I really like the idea of getting rid of the terrible anount of heat build up in the car, for it is much more thant when driving it, at least for around 20 minuets or more.

Skip White

old96er

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, one more question, the description says "No cutting, drilling or soldering required". Yet the pictures seem to show butt-splice connectors. Is the harness a true plug in or do you need to cut ANY wires?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc