ROE - VEC2 - AF Changes

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I did some logging yesterday with my dual wide bands and what I found was a little surprising. I have a 10psi pulley and WM injection.

The first log the car and SCer were very cool, 180 degrees and I had not gotten into boost prior to the pull. The AF showed ~ 11.6 from 3500-5500. I then drove for a few miles and pulled over to review the log file. I sat with the car off for ~5 minutes so the charger had some time to heat soak from being under the closed hood and not having the fans running. I then made a second log with the heat soaked SCer and the engine temp at ~200. That AF from that log showed ~ 11.0 from 3500-5500. I know that heat will cause the ECU to add fuel but I did not expect this much of a change on the same day within 20 minutes of each other. My question is, how much rwhp do you think I am loosing at 11.0 versus being at 11.5 or even 12.0?

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Minimal. this is the stock computer richening things up b/c it is getting how out. and this is exactly what you want it to do!

JD

OP
OP
B

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I understand why it is doing it and do not have a problem with it. However, I am curious as to the HP difference from running a 12.0 AF versus a 11.0 AF on a 600 rwhp car. Obviously no one will have the exact answer but I am curious as to whether I am loosing 10rwhp or 40rwhp running the car a point too rich. I like to tune my cars very conservatively but if I am loosing some noticeable HP I will lean it out.

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was curious about the affects of heat soak on this Roe setup was as well. Are there any options out there to add some kind of an intercooler setup to it? Most other supercharger kits with other cars all come equipped with an intercooler of some sort, air to air, air to water, ect...

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was curious about the affects of heat soak on this Roe setup was as well. Are there any options out there to add some kind of an intercooler setup to it? Most other supercharger kits with other cars all come equipped with an intercooler of some sort, air to air, air to water, ect...

The water methanol system is the intercooler.

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I meant for those of us that are not using the water **** kits :) I dont like the fact that the water **** has no fail safe and if the pump dies in boost so does your motor. assuming you are using more than an 8lb pulley or crazy timing on the 8.

OP
OP
B

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

If you look at the intake manifold design you will see that it would be pretty hard to fit an intercooler in there without causing a major restriction. The W/M works well as a liquid intercooler.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I meant for those of us that are not using the water **** kits :) I dont like the fact that the water **** has no fail safe and if the pump dies in boost so does your motor. assuming you are using more than an 8lb pulley or crazy timing on the 8.

The fact that the blower sits right on top of the intake makes it hard to have an intercooler. Sean originally thought about something under the blower but dumped the idea after considering what would happen if it leaked. You don't have to get aggressive with the water/methanol in your tuning to the point your engine would blow if it failed. It has a huge impact on cooling the intake charge. Prior to the W/M right after a dyno pull my blower intake tubes were HOT. With the W/M after a dyno pull they are COLD.

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmm, you guys get me thinking now. Thanks for all the info. I may just look into a W/M kit and maybe something larger than the 8lb pulley as well :)

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmm, you guys get me thinking now. Thanks for all the info. I may just look into a W/M kit and maybe something larger than the 8lb pulley as well :)

Running a ROE without W/M is like running a marathon without shoes.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
'cept engines don't die without shoes.

The w/m is good, but when people become dependent on it, bad things can happen. Put another way: if you run w/m, you MUST have an in-car wideband.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
'cept engines don't die without shoes.

The w/m is good, but when people become dependent on it, bad things can happen. Put another way: if you run w/m, you MUST have an in-car wideband.

Wideband is good. Has anyone blown up a ROE due to failure of the W/M?

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There have been many. but most don't advertise it. The fittings are crappy so you need to upgrade them. Any brave souls (Rich) want to pipe up?

JD

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There have been many. but most don't advertise it. The fittings are crappy so you need to upgrade them. Any brave souls (Rich) want to pipe up?

JD

I had a line come apart, but realized it before it did any damage. What's a good source for upgraded parts?

OP
OP
B

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think Dimitros had an issue with a W/M line coming apart and the engine going lean. Had to get new pistons.

I saw one instance when his line came off but I am not sure it was a fault of the line. Most of the fittings in the kit are slip fit fittings with metal barbs that hold the line in place. I am personally not a huge fan of those fittings but that is not where I saw D's fail. His fell of at the compression fitting at the actual jet. I do not believe the compression fitting was tightened down enough. If you crank them down they will never fall out.

I see a lot of responses but I guess no one has dynoed their ROE at different AF's to see the HP difference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale04SS