SE Rendezvous

COILD

VCA Member
Reaction score
The SE Rendezvous was great fun!!! I ran Road Atlanta today for the first time and it was a blast! I lost the power steering pulley after lunch and that ended my day. I will need to buy a new one as we could not find it on the track. Any secrets to keeping them on??
Mickey Craig

OP
OP
C

COILD

VCA Member
Reaction score
Yes, I will do SAFE in December in the Comp Coupe.

I took my 1997 GTS to Atlanta since Panoz said no to "track time" with the Competition Coupe. So it was my 1997 that spun off the PS pulley. According to the Panoz guys there was another Viper that had the same thing happen on Saturday?
Mickey Craig

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To keep p/s pulleys on at the track, put on a bolt with washer and lock washer. Install on the ps pulley shaft, this will kept pulley from coming off. :cool:

RC Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Believe it or not they are plastic!

One came off of a friends car while running an endurance race.

Heated up and slid right off.

OP
OP
C

COILD

VCA Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I will get a steel pulley from the 1993 Gen 1 and install on the Power Steering pump.
Mickey Craig

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Archer makes aftermarket pulleys for the power steering pump.

Max

Flyntgr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The SE rendezvous WAS a great event, followed by a lapping day at Road Atlanta for those of us lucky enough to get signed up! I took my 25 yr old daughter to her first-ever Viper event and put her into my GTS and Dodge's Viper SRT 10, as well as the SRT4. She had a blast and her 3rd autocross in the Yellow SRT10 was only 1.9 seconds slower than the winning times. Not bad for her first time EVER to take part in a speed event, let alone in a Viper. Thanks to Tom for fixing my security alarm which disabled my GTS at the slalom.

Craig, I think the reason your pulley went ballistic is the awesome way you pushed that thing around the track! I enjoyed watching as you drove your Red GTS with the A class. Too bad about the Supercharged non-member who put his blue/white '96 into the wall in turn 5 just ahead of me. Ouch! Thanks to Pete and Tom and the Lashinki's and Kim Vogt, and all who had a part in putting on a super event.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang