Shared parts between Vipers and other brands.

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a 2 wheel drive Ram. Also the ash tray on a gen 1 is the same as a K car (worthless information)

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes..read the thread. Still have full charge..no leaks. Bypassed the dual pressure switch and still no response from the pump. I think its actually the A/C clutch but for a few $$ more you can get the entire unit.

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While it may not be a shared part, if your exterior door switch fails (like mine just did) you can replace with it with exact same switch:

Manufacturer: SAIA-Burgess
Part #: V4LST7

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have found many parts that interchange from other models to the Viper. Very few are a direct fit and many that work are not of the same quality as a OE Viper part. Trust me I know.

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper is like the H1, made from a ton of other car parts.

If you look at my keychain, it looks like I have an '84 ****** and '99 dodge van. :lmao:

Nick

bananaman01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Rear Calipers on 01 and 02 Vipers

It has come to my attention after much searching and pulling my hair out that the Rear Calipers that hold the brake pads are 100% identical to the Ford Thunderbird 2002 model year Calipers which are sold at your local autoparts stores for about 60-70 bucks.(after core is refunded)

Xvipers wants 250 for a used one and my local dodge dealership quoted me 650 bucks?? ***???? ouch.........

Anyhow I couldn't believe it until i went to the store and yep had 1 in each hand and they were TWINS!!!!!...

I am only a sparatic cruiser and don't horse around alot , so big brake mumbo jumbo isnt for me.:D

Just wanted to save some people a few bucks since everyone seems to like ripping people off nowadays!

Thanks again Tom for helping me out with the boots.

Aaron.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
13. Headlight switch is European Ford.

More specifically from a Contour/Mystique. Two gang Window lift switches were from a K-car. The two single switches were from the corporate parts bin such as the passenger side minivan.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Rear Calipers on 01 and 02 Vipers

It has come to my attention after much searching and pulling my hair out that the Rear Calipers that hold the brake pads are 100% identical to the Ford Thunderbird 2002 model year Calipers which are sold at your local autoparts stores for about 60-70 bucks.(after core is refunded)

Xvipers wants 250 for a used one and my local dodge dealership quoted me 650 bucks?? ***???? ouch.........

Anyhow I couldn't believe it until i went to the store and yep had 1 in each hand and they were TWINS!!!!!...

I am only a sparatic cruiser and don't horse around alot , so big brake mumbo jumbo isnt for me.:D

Just wanted to save some people a few bucks since everyone seems to like ripping people off nowadays!

Thanks again Tom for helping me out with the boots.

Aaron.

What year viper rear caliper?

bananaman01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a 2001 rt/10,, and the 2001 and 2002 rear calipers are the same so the 2002 Rear Calipers off the Thunderbird fit both years of the Viper.

I have them on my car and they are a perfect 100% fit and they feel the same all around and look identical to factory.

cant beat it for 70 bucks after core return.

thanks
aaron

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I really have a 2001 Dodge/Ford/Jeep/Camaro/Etc. Viper Rt/10; not an Dodge Viper Rt/10. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Good list by the way. Thanks for everyone's input. :)

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Squeeze bulbs for the lumbar supports were $80 last time I checked. You can get an exact match at a medical supply store (they are blood pressure tester bulbs) for around $5.

Good call!!! I snagged one off an old bp cuff that I had sitting in my basement. Works great!:headbang:

lxadeuce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have purchased the Dakota inner tie rod and it needs to be shortened an inch or so. This can be done with a hacksaw, but then you'll need to get a die to add another inch of thread.
i just did this. i had to cut off about 1 - 1.5 inches off the end and rethread using a 15mm 1.5 pitch die. most stores don't have that in stock so order one online before you start. the auto parts store found the part under a 1996 dodge dakota 2wd with the 318ci motor. 96 is a female version and shorter than the 97-99 that i have also seen referenced. the 97-99 is a male version and is longer. $22 each sure beats $415 for the whole assembly

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I would strongly recommend using a factory rack and pinion if you ever need to replace yours!! I installed three aftermarket racks in my car, and they all had about 1/2 to 3/4 inches of play in the steering wheel. At 150 plus it gets a bit hairy when you're in and out of traffic. I installed the factory rack and presto----problem gone!

Blue_Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i just did this. i had to cut off about 1 - 1.5 inches off the end and rethread using a 15mm 1.5 pitch die. most stores don't have that in stock so order one online before you start. the auto parts store found the part under a 1996 dodge dakota 2wd with the 318ci motor. 96 is a female version and shorter than the 97-99 that i have also seen referenced. the 97-99 is a male version and is longer. $22 each sure beats $415 for the whole assembly

Thanks laxdeuce, I ordered a whole rack right before I saw your post. I've heard about the '97-99 male rods but mine were female so I thought I'd be out of luck. I Cancelled my order for the rack and picked up the '96 rod today. I test fitted it on my '97 GTS and it's a perfect fit, it's at the machine shop now being shortened 1.3" and getting deeper threads for $20. The roads in my neighborhood are nasty so I went for the higher quality moog rod $52 but well worth the investment

cratica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bump because this is by far the best thread on this site... just tired of the viper tax when it's unnecessary.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This absolutely should be a sticky. This is probably one of the best reference threads there is.

Bexar80

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would like to know more about the Audi fog light situation. The fog lights used on the Audi's that I have found from the mid to late '90s are not the same as the viper's.

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having some misfire issues. Anyone know what the crossref for the coil packs is? Easy to find (relatively) cheap four packs, but what about the 6 pack?

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You most likely have a cracked spark plug insulator. Try the plugs first.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does the Gen 1-2 PCV grommett cross over to anything? I have one on order locally, but they said the best case scenario is Friday, which is when I DEFINITELY need it by, so I'm cutting it close. Bumper to Bumper and Advance Auto showed no listing for one. Dodge part #5245322. Dodge can overnight it, but its a $12 part and overnight charge was an additional $25 :crazy2:

coupe

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Matt M said:
Steering column is a Dynasty part.
Can't confirm the whole column, but when my local dealer didn't have a '96 Viper ignition switch on the shelf, I decided to try a '93 Dodge Dynasty part instead because it was in stock.

Here's the viper part (closest one with black plastic cover and "pentastar" logo) compared to the Dynasty part with the "M" Mopar logo:

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Key cylinder and everything fit right up; halo is in correct orientation; bolted up to colum and works like a champ.

Oh, and it cost about 30% less than the Viper part. :2tu:

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry I don't remember more details, but maybe I can jog someone's memory.
When I had to change my blower motor and resistor for the HVAC in my Gen III, one of the parts (can't remember which) is shared with the Grand Cherokee.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang