Shared parts between Vipers and other brands.

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
The coil packs are unique to the viper, don't try to use any other coil pack. The resistance is different and may fry your ignition module if you try to use them. Buy originals.

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
^^^^ Can anyone else confirm this, only reason I ask is I read two other people say they were from a mini van, seems like it would be good to get a CONFIRMED answer so no one does indeed fry anything! Oh and yeah please please please make this a sticky.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Having some misfire issues. Anyone know what the crossref for the coil packs is? Easy to find (relatively) cheap four packs, but what about the 6 pack?

Suspect plugs first, wires next, coils last.

Contact me for coil data.

lxadeuce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the plastic piece that holds on to the window broke on my drivers side door. I found the same piece on a 1996 dodge caravan window regulator

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't confirm the whole column, but when my local dealer didn't have a '96 Viper ignition switch on the shelf, I decided to try a '93 Dodge Dynasty part instead because it was in stock.

Here's the viper part (closest one with black plastic cover and "pentastar" logo) compared to the Dynasty part with the "M" Mopar logo:

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Key cylinder and everything fit right up; halo is in correct orientation; bolted up to colum and works like a champ.

Oh, and it cost about 30% less than the Viper part. :2tu:

If you are looking for steering column parts for your Gen 2's you might check out a 94-01 Dodge Ram! Everything on the column is the same! The hub, the plastic pieces the ignition, turn signals, clock spring, tilt lever and key! IT'S ALL DODGE RAM! ;-)

Also the Gen 2's dome lights that twist and turn to remove are the exact same as a 93 Chevy Blazer and other models.

lxadeuce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are looking for steering column parts for your Gen 2's you might check out a 94-01 Dodge Ram! Everything on the column is the same! The hub, the plastic pieces the ignition, turn signals, clock spring, tilt lever and key! IT'S ALL DODGE RAM! ;-)

Also the Gen 2's dome lights that twist and turn to remove are the exact same as a 93 Chevy Blazer and other models.
i also had to replace my ignition lock cylinder. $96 for the viper one, or $54 for an identical 95 dodge dakota one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang