Single stripe RT/10 Hay!!! Or Boo?

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am thinking of striping my Gen I, but I had a crazy idea of going just with one stripe. I used to have a single stripe on my Trans Am GTA many years ago. Just wondering, if anyone has done it? Pics or Photoshop will be appreciated. I am thinking of going white or silver-grey on my red.

That is what my GTA looked like:

You must be registered for see images

mxmike27

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought about the same thing on my 2000 RT. Except I wanted the stock width stripe and offset from center.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking a small Driver's Stripe ala ACR would not look bad? Down the middle looks awful.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking a small Driver's Stripe ala ACR would not look bad? Down the middle looks awful.

I agree. The single fat stripe doesn't do it for me either but I'd like to see what the skinny drivers side stripe might look like on a gen 1. Maybe photoshop one in and check the fit??

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. The single fat stripe doesn't do it for me either but I'd like to see what the skinny drivers side stripe might look like on a gen 1. Maybe photoshop one in and check the fit??

There was a ACR-style stripe on a Gen 1 or 2 on Ebay a few weeks back. It looked better than this, but still nothing to write home about.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure why but a single fat stripe just doesn't look very good and that's why you don't see many. I think Corvette tried one for a year or two, anybody know?

OP
OP

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you guys for your input. I didn't realize that my Trans AM was hated so much. LOL. I guess I will be going with the double then. But I still like the way the single stripe looks on that blue RT.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

V

Venomiss

I'd like to see a photoshop of the thin white off set drivers stripe before deciding.
Or thin black stripe. That might look good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc