Smooth Tubes-Wall Thickness & Reinforced?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Are'nt you the guy who says the corroguated hold more so they are better ~~~~~~: )<~~

Some vendors have steel-wall hose. Those are them. BUT:

We have tested various wall-thickness of hose from aviation, marine, auto, and found impressive wall thicknesses made by Goodyear, stiff reinforcement made by Trident, and a few other vendors. The fact is, the "average" tri+ wall rubber or silicone wall hose is NEVER EVER gonna colapse in a normally aspirated Viper! Not our $59 loss-leader rubber, MoPar's $240 silicone elbow, or the rainbow of hoses in between.

P.S. I have NOT seen a red hose to match the red of the motor.

Years ago I posted: 'Tubes Is Tube'...or some such trite answer. Still 'trite and true' (as well as tried and true)....

We are already monkeying with a Gen-III single inlet hose....

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I may be wrong, but I can't see that as being a real issue, (unless you're just curious
smile.gif
). The high vacuum is inside the intake manifold, behind the throttle bodies. Though there's about 16" of vacuum inside the intake at idle, there's none inside the smooth tubes. I don't think anybody makes a Viper smooth tube set so thin that they would actually collapse.

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The air filter box being a little lower than the throttle bodies, the Mopar tubes are molded with a slight angle/elbow in it.
Do the after market tubes are the same or like it seems to be on many pictures, just have a slanted cut at the trottle side?
Luc.