So Strange...

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Its scary to think a dealer could f--- this up.But ive seen them screw up oil changes. Gotta find one of those new SRT techs,"ya right, i know". Good luck with this, hope you get it handled quickly.
u drove your car 300 miles per year?? I thought I was bad! but I put 350 miles in 1.5 months!

the truth is u feel strange taking a $130k plus supercar to a "dodge dealer" for service; would feel differently if it were marc from woodhouse but i'm 1400 miles each way from them and they are in the minority in having vast Viper experience.

Again, if anyone can recommend a competent authorized dealer in southern new England, i'd be most appreciative.

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
check the dealer locator and check the NE section forums... contact the president.

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Bad rain today so switched the service for tomorrow. Rain cleared in the afternoon so I took the 2010 out and discovered the horn now works again. Will go in for the power mirror. This is the third visit for the mirror--1st to diagnose and order mirror, 2nd to discover the paint on the new mirror was a mess, now 3rd trip to hopefully get a new mirror with a decent paint job. See what happens with the mirror and I'll have then at least look at the horn--hopefully the horn will not work tomorrow.
Haven't driven the 2010 a lot due to travel and the other transportation choices.--Dave

OP
OP
P

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Huh. I'd actually prefer the horn not work at all rather than have it sound randomly.

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
After the forth visit for the passenger side power, the mirror it still doesn't work--they installed a new painted mirror but the new mirror didn't work either. They traced a lot of wiring then decided it must be the switch on the drivers door--which I suspected all along. New switch ordered along with a horn relay for the horn problem. Wonder if this 5th trip will solve it? Given the massive electronics on the Gen 5 and the lack of ability to fix a power mirror on my Gen 4, I think I'll say no thanks to a Gen 5. They have a new launch edition on the showroom floor that I've looked at and the salesman begged my to offer 128K for it($12,500 under list). Not sure if the management would have sold it for that, but given the issues with fixing a relative minor problem on my Gen 4, not sure I want to get involved with the Gen 5--Dave

OP
OP
P

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've done more digging and instead of the clock spring it appears to be the horn pad...have you checked this item on your IV?

Viper808

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There is nothing like a GEN V.. Ive had em all.... and the Gen V is the culmination of advancements that make it the best Viper yet ..

Laundryboy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When I was trying to figure out the problem with my 2010, I actually bought a new clock spring and replaced it on my dime. It was quickly apparent that that was not the problem because ten minutes after replacing it the horn was going off on its own again.

Laundryboy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It was the horn pad but I had to replace the whole module because they aren't available separately. I was so averse to letting a dealer look at my car that I was just about ready to pay for the airbag module myself. However when I found out they were around a thousand bucks I decided to get it warrantied. The closest dealer to me that could do warranty work on a Viper was about a hundred miles away. I actually bought an enclosed car trailer to get it to the dealer in.
In my case, the service writer was also the tech who was doing the work, no one touched the car but him. I tipped him a couple hundred dollars and he took very good care of the car.

OP
OP
P

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I've seen a few horn pad issues so it doesn't seem all that uncommon. Mine can go an entire week without sounding and it only lasts about 20 seconds when it does. Totally understand the hesitancy to run to the dealer which is why I haven't done so yet.

Hoooonnnnkk. $134k. Hooonnnkkkk

LMBO

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang