So, you want a VOI 11 right?

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, if canada is out then maybe Colorado, I would say more northwest but all that rain worries me. Colorado could be fun with some great drive options. Every half mile you see a "viewing" spot on the side of the road. Not sure what the views are of since I always get throught there at night but it must be good:D

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Canada's not out!

Although you aren't allowed to bring your handguns the honest citizens of Canada aren't allowed handguns either. Only druggies and criminals are allowed to carry handguns in Canada. I do have a Travel authorization to take my 9mm out of the yard though. Shotguns are OK if you've got a permit (American) or carry your registration and license.

It doesn't rain in August much. Our V0I X group's drag day was washed out (as was the day earlier's group) in Detroit. Sometimes, sh-t happens. Seattle has too much traffic compared to Van for cruising those skinny 2 lane roads and Poker runs. Because of BCs high gas taxes we have lots of empty roads!!! Highways like my Highway 20 have very light traffic and are all curved through the Mountains.

Ted

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry Ted canada has been ruled out. No chance for VOI 11 in BC or any other province. Maybe VOI 12:D

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When did that happen? Totally missed that

I guess it'll have to be Seattle or Portland then. JonB would know which would be best since southern wash and northern Oregon are his home base. He also has some experience with VOI and admin ... not to mention all those DOLLARS he's donated to putting on VOIs.

I know quite a few of the Washington club would work their butts off for that. Oregon and Wstrn Cda VCA clubs would also be of some help.

Ted

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Canada would be fun but there are way to many hurdles, you have to have a passport to get back form Canada even by land these days. Also all of the felons wouldn't be allowed into Canada, that may hurt how many people show up.:)

Texas, are you kidding me!! Anywhere but Texas PLEASE!! It is to damed hot and humid down there in the summer time and I cant understand what the hell people are saying down there:smirk:

Seattle would be a great venue but it is way to far away from all of the people on the east coast.

I for one like Vegas, it has everything in one place. I know it is still another "big city" but I say go big or go home. It is a long ways to go from the east coast though.

Maybe a place such as Denver would be easier for everyone to get to, I don't know much about the area except that it would be great for the scenic drives.

I would go for the idea of pre-paying $100 bucks, but not until I know where it is going to be. If it was to end up in Florida I may not want to make the 8000 mile trek round trip just to hang out with you block heads:D

Last but not least, I for one LOVE the raffle car, I was at VOI 10 and if I would have won that raffle I would have walked right up on stage and told Ralph to take the car that was on stage back to the shop and make it an ACR right then!! If non of you buy tickets that will just make my odds better!!:2tu:

Just my .02

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave's place,
BBQ,
BEER,
POOL,
GIRLS,

...what else is missing?

:D

100_4452_web.jpg

Clothes! :lmao:

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's been a lot of banter on locations, many of which are not really practical for a number of reasons already mentioned early on. The site will need to attract sufficient numbers, especially as the first VCA-run one (i.e., it will need to be toward the east to draw in numerous members more easily), the site will need to have appropriate hotel and local track facilities, which further narrows down options, and the site will need to be Viper-friendly. Based on those criteria, I'm sure the list of reasonable locations will be relatively short, and that's where the efforts should focus instead of the many unreasonable options mentioned.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There's been a lot of banter on locations, many of which are not really practical for a number of reasons already mentioned early on. The site will need to attract sufficient numbers, especially as the first VCA-run one (i.e., it will need to be toward the east to draw in numerous members more easily), the site will need to have appropriate hotel and local track facilities, which further narrows down options, and the site will need to be Viper-friendly. Based on those criteria, I'm sure the list of reasonable locations will be relatively short, and that's where the efforts should focus instead of the many unreasonable options mentioned.

Exactly. Seattle, Van., Portland all have race tracks and hotels. There was over 400 Viper at Detroit and at Vegas so East Coast has the same attendence, even though they have many more Vipers sold there. Guess less participation? What I noticed driving across the continent was that the West coast has Mountains and roads (even freeways) are all curved. Middle of the Continent is flat, roads are straight and speed limits are the highest. East coast has tolls, bad roads (VOI X Viper damaged running around drains(?) on freeway), rushhour traffic 24/7, Traffic cops every mile or so, and NO scenery.

Vegas is too HOT, too much traffic and not enough scenery.

Pacific Northwest is the best choice, by far.

Ted

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dumb question - why not just charge participants what it really costs to hold an event like VOI? Why spread the costs around to those that will not be participating?

The above is not directed at the raffles specifically, but at dues increases and outright solicitation for the specific purpose of making the attendee cost for a VOI less than the real cost per attendee. I believe those that attend should pay their full share and not expect that others help them foot the bill.

I feel the same way about gas taxes. Why do we have to subsidize urban mass transit systems to the tune of 20%+ our highway motor fuel money? Make the bus and subway riders pay their full share.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
And here in Winter Olympics BC, the public transportation system is inadequate so they have $.50/usgl tax in city area and recently they've added to property taxes as well.

The Oil companies seeing that the Gov. has such huge taxes on fuel etc, that they have increased their profits in the rest of the province so that when you buy gas anwyhere in BC ... it's more expensive than buying where all the extra taxes are.

We're about $3.94 per us gal right now. Lowest price we got to was $2.75/usgl and that lasted only a few days, then went back up nearly $.30.

We pay over $1 for taxes. We produce our own oil and gas of course.

********!

Ted

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont forget that Detroit VOI was capped at 800 people due to space requirments and planned size. From what I was told there were MANY more people who wanted to come but where turned away.....

Robert

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When I bought my tickets it was Hurry up "before TIME runs out". I didn't hear anything about limited number of tickets towards the end of ticket purchases. We were billeted in the MGM (would have prefered the Motor city) becuase the MC was sold out. Never heard that they even sold all the MGM tickets.

The Riverboat seemed to have double the people though. Huge Bus lineup afterwards.

If VOI X1 is at Seattle we could arrange a Ferry trip to van Isaland for some. Coastal scenery is awesome! From northern Oregon all the scenery is like an Alaska cruise! BC Coastal highway (Sea to Sky) is unbelievale. Probably gonna be ruined to "make it safe" for the Olympics though.

Ted

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pacific Northwest sounds nice, but isn't practical. The bulk of Viper owners are along the east coast (mirroring the U.S. population), and other than Vegas (which has already been done twice), anything west of Texas/Detroit is a highly questionable destination. Remember, with the VCA footing the bill the first time, after a down economy, and who knows what with the ownership of the Viper, it needs to be as easy as possible to maximize attendance, and proximity to potential attendees is how that will happen. Once successful and it proves itself, the VCA could run one out west, but definitely not the first one.

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
People on the East side say East, people on the West side say West. I see where this is going.

Yes there are more Vipers in the East but there are a lot of Vipers on the west, California being the heaviest concentrations in the US.

So, I figure if we can sell out the Detroit VOI, we could defiantly sell out Seattle or Denver or anyplace for that matter. Many people avoided Detroit, we all know why.

I just think your concept about having to be on the East side for it to draw enough people is wrong. I think it will sell out as they always have in past, no matter where they are.

We need to be picking our venue by what will work best for our needs at the event not so much by geographical location.

Just my .02

Where is our president? He hasn't commented in quite a while.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
People on the East side say East, people on the West side say West. I see where this is going.

Yes there are more Vipers in the East but there are a lot of Vipers on the west, California being the heaviest concentrations in the US.

That's a meaningless strawman though. The east has by far more Vipers than the west, and that's what matters. Not that California has more than Delaware.

So, I figure if we can sell out the Detroit VOI, we could defiantly sell out Seattle or Denver or anyplace for that matter. Many people avoided Detroit, we all know why.

Detroit sold out, among other things, (1) because it was still run by Dodge, (2) it was reasonably accessible from the east coast, and (3) because many wanted to be sure to go to one before there might not be any more. We are now in a new situation, with the VCA running it, no clarity on Dodge's ownership of Viper or future existence, a down economy, and more, so it clearly needs to be made as easy as possible to maximize attendance. That means east-coast accessibility, pure and simple.

I just think your concept about having to be on the East side for it to draw enough people is wrong. I think it will sell out as they always have in past, no matter where they are.

See above. Don't assume. The VCA can't afford to.

We need to be picking our venue by what will work best for our needs at the event not so much by geographical location.

Yes and no, the needs of the event are first and foremost to draw maximum attendance, and geography does impact that. Many do not attend if they can't attend with their Viper, and many won't ship or can't afford to ship their Viper across the country or spend the time driving across the country, which would be the case for a Denver or Seattle event.

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Slaughterj,

All viable points good sir.

But I still disagree with some of your logic.
The ********* people will show up no matter where it is, yes it would be more difficult to get to Seattle for the people on the East coast but if you build it they will come. I think that Denver would be a good central location for this event, it is a little further than half way for those of you that are on the East but not by much. To get any closer to being in the middle you would have to be in Kansas, I don't think anybody would want it there.

Detroit was a long ways from the West coast, I know a bunch of people that still loaded up and headed out regardless, and that was to arrive in what has to be one of the most depressed citys in this country (pure speculation from being there, Im sure it is on the list) at a time when nobody could afford it.

If it is in the East I will still load up and head out, but I would rather meet in the middle or have a West coast venue.

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel the same way about gas taxes. Why do we have to subsidize urban mass transit systems to the tune of 20%+ our highway motor fuel money? Make the bus and subway riders pay their full share.
Now THERE is a blast from the past (not the taxes - Dean). Good to see you are still alive and kicking my friend! Hope to see you at the next VOI...

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To get any closer to being in the middle you would have to be in Kansas, I don't think anybody would want it there.
I, Venomiss, Dorothy, Toto, and about 34 other VCA members take offense to this. Kind of. Okay, not really. :D

So Kansas is scratched and I am assuming Hawaii, Alaska, and Rhode Island may be as well due to logistics. That leaves us with 46 states to continue narrowing down!

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Me, Venomiss, Dorothy, Toto, and about 34 other VCA members take offense to this. Kind of. Okay, not really. :D

So Kansas is scratched and I am assuming Hawaii, Alaska, and Rhode Island may be as well due to logistics. That leaves us with 46 states to continue narrowing down!

Okay, my bad;)

The VAST majority would like other locations more that Kansas, not that Kansas or the people in Kansas are not great:lmao: