THIS GUY TRIED TO SCAM ME THROUGH THE VIPER FORUM!!!

TSR6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a thought...

Tell him you don't feel as if you should send such important information through e-mail, as it would be to easy to hack.

Tell him you'll enclose the W.U. info packed away with your nitrous kit, so he gets it all at once. :)

Dv8tor

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think when he comes back a couple more times, I will tell him to click on a link and it will bring him to this thread. He will see how many people have seen what he did and how much of a ******* he really is.

Boy, this is entertaining...

Nice! That would be good. This thread is sad yet funny. Definately play with this guy.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gald you were so cautious (and are having fun). Viper owners seem to be targeted by scammers. We have several threads going on this same scam.... It is good you went to a store and not a bank.... and were so causious.

What usually happens is the bank cashes the phony looking cashiers check. You have the cash until the check is found to be a counterfit, which can take from a few days to a few weeks. At that point, the bank takes the money back OUT of your account AND charges you a bad check fee. By then the person has sent the cash and the mercandise. There is a parallel scheme for unsuspecting buyers. NEVER PAY VIA WU OR BANK TRANSFER. If the person is not willing to set up a Pay-Pal account or use an escroe service, or take a credit card, forget them.

We have tried several time to catch these sort of folks, but WU really does not give a damn.... Hence, I say never use WU.

WU refers you to the FBI, and by the time they respond the scammer has used up the minutes on the Prepaid cell phone he uses to talk to the person he is scamming. Unless he is a REAL idiot and is using a cell phone under his real name....

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OH AND I LOVE IT WHEN HE WRITES THINGS LIKE OBEY YOUR HONOR!! WHAT A PIECE OF ****!!

That quote alone of Obey your honor is a local phrase to where he's from. Additionally, it tells you where he lives, what neck of the jungle he's from (assuming Nigeria. No Offense folks!) and what customs his village follows. The phrase alone says alot about him even though he lacks honor and a victim.

Jay K.

OP
OP
G

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The guy must have seen this because he hasn't been blowing up my email and cell phone lately. Oh well it was fun while it lasted.

Donzi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has not emailed me back either.......
Maybe someone shot him :p

OP
OP
G

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
*********** UPDATE ************************************
The guy just called me. He was really aggrivated. He kept saying "give me the authorization #, give me the authorization #!!" So I said, "six, seven, three, nine,then I blew into the phone for a few seconds(simulating static) and finished it off with a nine. He said "the phone broke up I didn't get the whole #. So I did the same thing again. We went through that a few times. I wound up hanging up. So now my cell phone is ringing off of the hook again!!

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go to www.419eater.com and check out the one where the guy stages his own death. It's hysterical. He's talking on the cell phone and *says* he's outside the WU office. Then, you hear tires screeching, people screaming, horns blowing, the foreign guy saying "Hello? Hello?" Then more chaos, ambulance sirens, screaming and then nothing. It's classic.

OP
OP
G

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
*********** UPDATE **************
HE JUST EMAILED ME AGAIN...
------------------------------------------------------
what do you want to hear from me, is that the westernunion details i ask you to give me and is that why you off your phone in either not to call you? you should not complete this transaction this way. YOU NEED TO CHECK ON THE PAPER YOU COLLE3CTED FROM THE WESTERNUNION AND GET ME THE TEN DIGIT NUMBER CALLED THE MTCN NUMBER..
------------------------------------------------------

I'M GOING TO EMAIL HIM BACK AND GIVE HIM A LINK TO THIS THREAD.

OP
OP
G

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

KWIK96

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Don't forget to send him a picture of something that you purchased with his 3K

RobHook

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys...did you ever stop to think that this whole scam is something called "organized crime"? Italians aren't the only ones with a mafia you know. You may want to watch your back 2fast. These guys may be two-bit hoods or they could be an international crime ring built to finance a Nigerian warlord. Would they kill you just because you made fun of them? Of course they would. They don't bother breaking kness any more.

I work for the Department Of Justice's criminal division on occasion and you'd be surprised where they find "organized crime" nowadays.

--Rob

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looking at the e-mails they seem to dumb to be involved in organized crime.

OP
OP
G

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rob,
I can probably handle anything they can throw at me. Check out my weapon page. WEAPON PAGE

They might get me but I'll take a few of them first. :D
If they wanted to came after me they better have their **** togather!! :usa:

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That 419eater.com webpage is a riot. Take a look at the photos. The only thing is, I can't believe all these people were scammers who got talked into getting their picture taken. I think this part's a hoax. Somebody probably went to Africa on a trip and asked people to pose with fish on their heads or signs that said ridiculous things. No way hundreds of pictures could be gathered via scam-backs. Fun anyway.

Fiorano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great collection of R/Cs! Where did you get the dragonfly? Also, more details of it please!

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had fun like this last month with a guy that claimed he was from the U.K. that wanted to buy my boat. I didn't take it as far as you did because I didn't want 30 voice mail messages! But it was fun none the less. My guy wanted me to ship a 30 foot boat to Europe!

It is hilarious how he is getting frantic but still trying to be so polite so he doesn't annoy you.

OP
OP
G

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fiorano,
I bought the dragonfly through ebay, before they were popular in the us.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte