V10 NATIONALS ALL A HOAX!!!!

bln-gts

VCA Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Boggs fixes V10 Nationals race.....what a disappointment.....a round is run and both cars eliminated!!?? how is that possible?? This is true!!! Rules change as needed, to keep the Macedo car in the semi finals....I am quite upset by the makings of todays race.....SW and Joe D both run in the semi finals and both lose, how is that possible???? one runs 9.835 and the other 9.836 in a 9.90 bracket and neither of them win, how is that possible and NOW they bring back both of the opponents from the previous race and now they are back in....Oh, that explains it...Ward was already put out....I guess he needs the Macedo funding for next year, right, David Boggs? How else can you expain this reasoning??? Any other drag racers ever hear of such a thing?

Reaction score
Why is it people can't state things in a simple and easy to understand comment/question? Why come on here and post like your feelings were hurt? Why cast aspersions and make accusations that you cannot justify or prove? (or maybe you can....but you didn't come across that way).

Make no mistake...I am sure others are quite curious about what went on...as we do follow along, living vicariously through you/those guys......but come on now.

Lets hear the facts....without all the antics, please?

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
9 is correct. the one who breaks out the least goes to the next round. There is no such thing as 2 loosers in one race.
Never heard of bringing someone back into a race that has already lost ???

OP
OP
B

bln-gts

VCA Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
JUST THE FACTS
JOE DONOVAN RUNS 9.836
SW RUNS 9.835
BOTH ARE TOLD THEY ARE OUT AND WARD REASONER AND JOE DELL ARE BACK IN

BIGBADCJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is going to be a very intresting thread. Hate i missed the nats, but drinking beer with hookers takes priorty.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That might be NHRA rules but it aint V10 Nats rules, not yet anyway. Break out, you lose. You both break out, you both lose. Doesn't sound complicated to me.

In fact, "the one that breaks out the least, wins" sounds hokey to me.

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bearly get home and this is the only post about the Nationals?

Bln-GTS I don't have a dog in this fight but I do know the rules as it pertains to running quicker than a designated E.T.

If 9.90 in the quickest you are allowed to go if you go 9.89 or quicker you lose. Even if the other car goes 15.00 you lose.

Two cars that go quicker than 9.90 in the same race,lets say
9.83 and 9.88. The 9.88 car wins because it is closer to the
designated time of 9.90.

Maybe you are confused with the unlimited class where there is no set "break-out" time? In that case first to the finish line wins and time doesn"t matter.

I also think David is a stand-up guy and would have prefered
that you ask a track offical how the system works rather than attack on the board after the race.

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ray,

Actually I think what he is saying is the exact same thing you just said. He said that both cars broke out; one ran a 9.835 the other a 9.836.

Two cars that go quicker than 9.90 in the same race,lets say
9.83 and 9.88. The 9.88 car wins because it is closer to the
designated time of 9.90.

He is saying that the car that ran the 9.836 should have won in the event of the double break-out (which actually should be pending Reaction time if I remember correctly, i could be wrong though.) but instead it was decided that both cars are DQ'd and the loser with the fastest time from the previous rung on the ladder won the class. IF and I emphasise IF this is the case, then it was wrong to do unless of course as Chuck 98 pointed out these rules are CLEARLY outlined in the V10-Nats guidelines. IF they are running on an NHRA sanctioned track and these rules are NOT clearly outlined in the V10-Nat's rules, then the NHRA rules should take precedence.

Just my $.02

Nick

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boggs fixes V10 Nationals race.....what a disappointment.....a round is run and both cars eliminated!!?? how is that possible?? This is true!!! Rules change as needed, to keep the Macedo car in the semi finals....I am quite upset by the makings of todays race.....SW and Joe D both run in the semi finals and both lose, how is that possible???? one runs 9.835 and the other 9.836 in a 9.90 bracket and neither of them win, how is that possible and NOW they bring back both of the opponents from the previous race and now they are back in....Oh, that explains it...Ward was already put out....I guess he needs the Macedo funding for next year, right, David Boggs? How else can you expain this reasoning??? Any other drag racers ever hear of such a thing?

I think someone looked like a immature *** out in front of everyone that attended the event. You act like a pack of cry babies. You knew the rules before you raced, they were annouced over the PA. Now you have the audacity to try to talk about playing by the rules . If you want talk about playing by the rules, talk about how you played by the rules the last race.

You guys have established yourself one "fine reputation".
At the end of the day it is about respect .....you guys have earned respect from NO ONE....no racers or no fans. Especially after your ***** display of screaming and cursing at everyone in site and including in front of small children.

Ward :usa:

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ray,

If in fact they were two seperate runs than that changes the whole outcome of the situation. The way I read his run-on sentence with too much punctuation paragraph of a post, it sounded to me like they were on the same run. Sorry, my bad.

Nick

V10Nationals.com

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Kevin I don’t know who are you exactly but judging by your email I can tell that you are a total idiot!

You have been in several V-10 National events and you should know by now that David Boggs is more than just top class guy, he is 1st class!!

First of all if you had a question/concern you should have done what most people with self-respect do and ask David or just about any other racer at the track today about the rules.

V-10 Nationals is NOT NHRA and that is why it is so much fun. The rule about classes is VERY simple:

The racer picks a class. If the racer runs faster than the class that he/she picked he/she is out of the race, he broke out, he is done! Of course, the only class where this rule does not apply is the unlimited class.

Now, I am sure you knew this rule since you have attended at least 3 races of the V-10 Nationals this year alone so I don’t know what is your motivation here.

You are attacking David Boggs then Larry Macedo and Ward Reasoner with no facts whatsoever when all you had to do was ask a simple question like: “Hey guys, what is the rule about someone breaking out of their selected class?”

I hope you come to your senses and apologize to all of the above individuals as soon as you realize the mistake that you did!

If you have anything more to say next time please come and see me in person. I am Steve Salis and most people know me so all you have to do is ask them and they will point you in my direction. I will be more than happy to answer any questions that you might have and if I don’t know the answers I will ASK someone and get back to you.

Now is time for you to start with you apologies…

Steve Salis

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question for Steve Salis-

Steve, can you point me in the direction to just where in the V10 Nats rules a double breakout situation is covered? Something you have in writing please. Thanks

This is just for my own curiosity.

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Actually Kevin Linebaugh what I dont need is someone that did not attend the race to make remarks such as this. THis is ashame! everything went really good and I was hoping to come back and see some good talk concerning the future but you ruin that??? why, I have lost myself because of a breakout. You know what I did, I went to the unlimited class and stayed there. I was just thrilled to be in the 9's period. Seems like you would be???? instead of everyone talking about how great your car did, you destroyed that by your stupid post!

The Official V-10 Nationals Rules is IF YOU BREAK OUT YOU LOOSE! No second CHances and both your car and SW Broke out you both lost. SW had no issue with this as he knew the rules.

My Apologies for Trying to make a race for Viper Owners and this is the best you can say about it????

Best regards

Boggs Fixes the race? You will find that I make the rules as fair as possible and try to even keep them where they no way helps me. You have no clue!

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
David and I are fierce competitors and I will say that he is a saint for putting on this race. He busts his a$$ to put on a great time for us and this is what you have to say? Pi$$ off you little $hit! You've been a dirtbag from the beginning but this is enough to keep you out for good if I can help it.

On the flip side, the race was great and everybody that matters seemed to have a great time. Many records were crushed on the fastest track anywhere and Vipers gained that much more prowess amongst enthusiasts.

Thank you David for one great outing. I hope you don't let some **** like this take ANYTHING away from today's experience because he is out of line and just plain wrong.

Chad

V10Nationals.com

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Steve, can you point me in the direction to just where in the V10 Nats rules a double breakout situation is covered? Something you have in writing please. Thanks

Jerome,

I am sorry but I don’t have any of the written rules but I could certainly have David send them to me and I will make sure they get posted on the www.V10Nationals.com site.

Is your concern more about DOUBLE vs. SINGLE breakout? A breakout is a breakout. You breakout, you are out of the races. I think is very simple. I can’t understand why a few people have or pretend to have difficulty to understand this rule!

Steve

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jerome,

I am sorry but I don’t have any of the written rules but I could certainly have David send them to me and I will make sure they get posted on the www.V10Nationals.com site.

Is your concern more about DOUBLE vs. SINGLE breakout? A breakout is a breakout. You breakout, you are out of the races. I think is very simple. I can’t understand why a few people have or pretend to have difficulty to understand this rule!

Steve

Steve, if this is clearly not outlined in the rules in writing then one must use the rules of the tracks sanctioning body. Be it NHRA, IHRA, or whomever.

First or worst. Ever hear of it?

Reinstating someone? Is this tractor pulling? lol

I have before, and will again offer my help with rules, or in regards to the saftey aspect of the V10 Nats. That is if anyone wants to take me up on it.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup,
Just as an outsider reading over this thread,

The problem seems to come down to this.

NHRA rules spell out what happens in a double breakout, and that is that one car will win and one car will be out. The two cars involved in a double breakout will not both be out.

V-10 National rules must spell out a different outcome for a double breakout.

If the V-10 rules don't address the issue of a double breakout, it would be logical to use the NHRA rules as a fallback.

So,
it seems simple enough.
The V-10 rules spell out a different outcome for a double breakout,
or they don't.

PBJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ward,
Before you start to slam me, I did not post this !!! I admit I was mad at the time and I acted like a ass, I also did go and apologize to David for my actions. I am used to NHRA rules and I should have won that race if it was, but this is Davids race and I have to follow his rules. I have accepted that I am over it....I am ready to move on. I traveled a long way to come down here to compete and to prove my cars are as fast as others out there...specifically yours. I think overall this was a good event and a good series and I don't want to ruin that. I do think that there needs to be a form of rules to follow...NHRA/IHRA...something set in stone to eliminate any future problems. Kevin is a fierce competitor and I understand why he is mad, he is used to following the same rules as me. I don't want anyone to hate me or any of my friends/customers, so lets get over it...it is done. I consider a lot of people in this series my friends and I want to keep it that way.
Later,
Joe

George Bryce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had fun. Thank you David. My all motor car went 9.98 @ 140.34. I was not the fastest car there....but I had a blast!!! The track was AWESOME. The Vipers were AWESOME!
Thank you again David, GB3

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That might be NHRA rules but it aint V10 Nats rules, not yet anyway. Break out, you lose. You both break out, you both lose. Doesn't sound complicated to me.

In fact, "the one that breaks out the least, wins" sounds hokey to me.

Chuck hit the nail right on the head. Same thing happend last year but with just single drivers/cars.

You break out of your class, you Ass is on the trailer. PERIOD.

Just because both cars in same run did it, nothing changes, they both broke out, they were both sitting on the trailer watching the finals.

No one likes to loose, but its how you do it that make you a real winner.

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clarification from David please.

Were both cars on the same run or separate ones during the round?

If on the same run and your intention is to eliminate anyone that breaks-out I wasn't aware of this.

I will wait for your response before commenting further.

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ray

the both cars broke out during the same run. They both lost. this system is not perfect however, it is the one for sure way to help prevent the "sandbagger". the downside is when that person makes a dream run and still looses.

the fact is this has been this way since the first race.

I personally ran a 9.89 and lost but I was thrilled because of my time. (in Texas)

Lee saunders ran a 11.97 in his SRT 10 Truck this weekend and he lost.

a few others had the same thing happen. Everyone was told and repeated throughout this year that no matter what if you break out you LOOSE! no exceptions. No matter if it happens on the same run or not.

is it fair to the guys that are eliminated when they break out because they did it on a single? and allow those that run faster and break out together give one of them a second chance? we set it up so you run faster you loose this was the only way to balance out the playing field instead of Doing it by mod levels.

mntngts99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Once you loose, you Loose. You cant put someone back in the game after they got their but kicked and put on the trailer. Was this the semi-finals on one side of a ladder??
If so then the other two semi-finalist should go to the finals.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe .....the rules were announced before the race had begun.....Everyone knew that if you broke out during time trials you would move up to next class. Once eliminations had begun you could not move up if you broke out you lose. Joesph and I raced because you and SW broke out. We were the two cars that had the next fastest time. No conspiracy theory. You put us back in the race.

I have had a problem with people using another person's cars to establish themselves points.John Force would loan his freind the use of his car to help his freind get points. You know what the rules are stated in the NHRA/IHRA books about this. Also the NHRA/IHRA does not allow 2 different drivers establish points in 2 different classes with the same car. There was a lot of car swapping in only one camp trying to establish driver's points for themselves. Points should be by the car.

I have always have believed your actions speak louder than your words. I have broke at races, but I have never considered using someone else's car to establish myself points. Numerous other races have sat out after breaking and just watched the races.

We had to dial down my car so I would not break out. I was worried all day long about breaking out, but it was set just right. Never once did I break out.

When you run as a group representing a tuner ALL your actions reflect on the entire group, good and bad.

One thing we agree upon is, establishing rules prior to the race. In this case they were establish and announce everyone knew what would happen as a result.

It is a very good series and many things have happened as a result of. In the last 2 years Vipers have become excessivly fast. I too have met some very good people dunning the V-10 Nationals and many of them I would consider good friends. If we have problems discuss them privately and talk publicly about the fun we had and great times we all have run.

Cudaman :usa:

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Yesterday was a great time, it is a shame to see it overshadowed by this bickering and personal attacks. The series has never followed NHRA or IHRA rules, if we did most of the the really fast cars could not run. We do private rentals of the tracks so that the simple rules David boggs has laid out can apply! These rules are known by everyone that attends and if someone does not know the rules they should ask. David set these rules after recieving feedback from a lot of people after the first race two years ago in Bowling Green. When Joe ran the 9 second pass in Kevin's car, I was the first person to congratulate him, that is what these races are about, not a plastic trophy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang