V10 NATIONALS ALL A HOAX!!!!

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can enter as many cars as you have, but guys keep in mind you'll max out with four races. So say you have four cars and race in four different classes. You maxed out. Now, you can improve your point score if, for example, you finished with 2 second places and 2 first place finishes. You go to another event and better one by placing first. One of the second place finishes is dropped in favor of the 1st. David or Steve, correct me if I'm wrong, but that is the way I understand it. So, go ahead and enter in all the classes if you want, only four will count. :cool: :cool:

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you do if you have two of your cars and one driver, yourself, in the same class, when both of your cars make it to the finals?

Your #1 car must run your #2 car to decide 1st and 2nd place.

Do you automatically get 1st and 2nd place?

Does one of your cars get disqualified for not coming up to the line?

Do you get someone else to drive one of the cars?

Would the other driver be someone that would be likely to beat you?

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam

Your out of control,

My wife has never stepped between me and you??? this is wild imagined dream you had.

I have never had a problem with you, or anything close to what you are describing.

Sorry Dude for your high blood pressure.

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"V-10 Nationals is not Clickesh"
Then why don't you try to include All V-10 owners and bring some of the races out west????

If the series grow we will. Call Viper Head quarters and get the same sponsorship that Viper Days gets and it will go along way in making it there.

Right now the only place that will somewhat pay for the events is in the south.

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you do if you have two of your cars and one driver, yourself, in the same class, when both of your cars make it to the finals?

1)Your #1 car must run your #2 car to decide 1st and 2nd place.

2)Do you automatically get 1st and 2nd place?

3)Does one of your cars get disqualified for not coming up to the line?

4)Do you get someone else to drive one of the cars?

5)Would the other driver be someone that would be likely to beat you?

1)correct
2)yes
3)no because you would have someone else drive that car.
4)yes
5)your preference

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"V-10 Nationals is not Clickesh"
Then why don't you try to include All V-10 owners and bring some of the races out west????

There was a Viper race in Vegas piggy backed on another event. The turn out was very poor. No one is keeping you guys from having a race, have a go at it. It would be cool to have a west and east, then meet up in the middle for the grand finale.

OP
OP
B

bln-gts

VCA Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Hello, I started this whole mess,first of all, my intention was in no way to be disrespectful to Larry or Macedo Motorsports. We truly appreciate his sponsorship and expertise to help promote the V10 Nationals, this series would not be possible with out sponsors such as Larry. Mary and I have attended several V10 Nationals and Larry obviously knows how to make a Viper run. At several V10 National events we have enjoyed dinner and the night life together and hope to have several more in the future.

Secondly, about the "family" at the V10 Nationals, my wife and I totally agree, we opened our home up to Joe Dell, Ward Reasoner, and Bryan as they traveled through Missouri to the Topeka race. Our invitation was extended to all V10 racers. We caravaned to the Topeka track and raced. At this event my children and wife attempted to help Ward, bringing him snacks and soda to help him feel better. We provided a cooler of ice water due to the heat for all of our fellow racers. At this event, as Ward has pointed out in an earlier post (personal attack on me), I beat him in a race because I had a better reaction time. Ward ran faster than me and didn't like the fact that he lost....now later in the event he accused me of "cheating" because we were both pulling in the water box, he chose to do his burnout, pre-stage, and stage before I had even started my burnout...this is the next race that I won, and he accused me of cheating....Ward and I spoke, I knew he was quite mad, but he indicated everything was okay between us......Well, when I arrived home, I was being slammed all over the place by him....couldn't hardly believe it?! He was stabbing me in the back because he wasn't man enough to say it to my face. He has on numerous occassions made comments in regards to my car being used by another driver, whose car was broke. The entry fee, as explained by David, was for the driver, not the car, I feel if Ward had issues with this he should have taken them up with David personally, and stop sending Joe ignorant emails. I guess fellow racers know how some people are, sore losers.

David, I will not lie, I was PI$$ED about the outcome in Florida. Steve, I would like to see these rules engraved in stone. I have attended every event, with the exception of Florida and was not aware two cars going down the track could both be disqualifed at the same time. All rules should be covered on the V10 Nationals website and I have yet to see a set of rules in print. David, I am interested in being on a committee to design a set of rules if you are interested. David has put a lot of work in this series and that does not go unnoticed or unappreciated, we have had a wonderful time at all of these races and don't agree with some of rules, but accept them. I am even more baffled by the fact that two racers that have already lost their race can be brought back in. This rule needs to be clairified or better yet eliminated. These cars are to inconsistant to have a rule such as this in effect. I do not agree with byrun rule...you should not be able to eliminate yourself, this is something you earned from the round before. David this is a great race and understand the support of the sponsors is needed, however, I still feel that the ruling made in Florida was not fair.

Steve, I plan on attending the races next year and eliminating Ward early in each event. If you have a problem with this, get my number from David and call me.

I know this is a little lengthly but I want to take a minute and thank Joe Donovan for everything he has done to bring my car to this performance level (making 780hp and 1104 torque)9.78 at 144 thanks Performance by Joe 636.375.3151.

Lastly, I want to thank everyone I was able to meet and race with this year and am looking forward to the 2005 race season.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello, I started this whole mess,first of all,

I'm not even mad at you for giving me the shifter part in Ohio :) ...thanks again for that. Did you get your replacements I had SVS send you ?

Being a long time racer and having done several years of index racing, I was surprised by both cars being eliminated. I do understand the thought process behind it.....just not the norm for drag racing. That brings up another question...If my competition red lights: I still cannot break out or I lose too ?????

This is done with, lets move forward. This is one rule I would like to see changed.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to see that if some stages at the tree, that the opposition has so much time to stage. Some play games to let the other opponent tires to cool off to give themselves the advantage. If some can NOT conduct themselves professionally we must put rules in place to MAKE them do so.

Cudaman :usa:

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just for the record, we have not been a mojor contributor to David's V10 Nationals. If you go to www.v10nationals.com you will notice we are not even mentioned as a sponsor. I think we, meaning myself and our M2 family of clients, were only able to sponsor the Nats 2-3 times this past season. I'd love to do more and hope to in the future, but have not been able to swing it in the past. I do appreciate everything David did this past year and Ward as well for all of his hard work! Merry Christmas everyone!

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Larry

You do alot for the race outsided of Money. You show up and support as well as have plenty of your customers ready to race. To me this is very valuable!

Everytime I have stopped by Larry's shop his customers cars are kept showroom clean! this means he cares.

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to see that if some stages at the tree, that the opposition has so much time to stage. Some play games to let the other opponent tires to cool off to give themselves the advantage. If some can NOT conduct themselves professionally we must put rules in place to MAKE them do so.

Ward,
You have a great point there! I think it is pretty f'ing sorry that some folks feel they have to resort to playing these little childish games at the track. If that happened to me I would be irate!! Let's get a rule in place that addresses that issue.

Everyone else,
It's pretty clear that we are all(for the most part :eek: ) good people that love vipers and racing. Let's put this whole mess behind us and move on. I agree that we should put the rules in writing. If someone has a problem then it was their responcibility to carefully read the rules and understand them. I hope to see you all at the next event! :2tu:

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ward,
You have a great point there! I think it is pretty f'ing sorry that some folks feel they have to resort to playing these little childish games at the track. If that happened to me I would be irate!! Let's get a rule in place that addresses that issue.

Staging duels have been a part of dragracing forever , especially in the manualy shifted classes like pro stock & super stock, Tell Warren Johnson, Darrel Alderman, larry Morgan they are being *******? Its part of the game & quite exciting for the fans.

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello, I started this whole mess,first of all, my intention was in no way to be disrespectful to Larry or Macedo Motorsports. We truly appreciate his sponsorship and expertise to help promote the V10 Nationals, this series would not be possible with out sponsors such as Larry. Mary and I have attended several V10 Nationals and Larry obviously knows how to make a Viper run. At several V10 National events we have enjoyed dinner and the night life together and hope to have several more in the future.

Thank you, Kevin! I enjoyed my free time with you and your lovely wife, Mary, during the Bowling Green race.

David, I will not lie, I was PI$$ED about the outcome in Florida. Steve, I would like to see these rules engraved in stone. I have attended every event, with the exception of Florida and was not aware two cars going down the track could both be disqualifed at the same time. All rules should be covered on the V10 Nationals website and I have yet to see a set of rules in print. David, I am interested in being on a committee to design a set of rules if you are interested. David has put a lot of work in this series and that does not go unnoticed or unappreciated, we have had a wonderful time at all of these races and don't agree with some of rules, but accept them. I am even more baffled by the fact that two racers that have already lost their race can be brought back in. This rule needs to be clairified or better yet eliminated. These cars are to inconsistant to have a rule such as this in effect. I do not agree with byrun rule...you should not be able to eliminate yourself, this is something you earned from the round before. David this is a great race and understand the support of the sponsors is needed, however, I still feel that the ruling made in Florida was not fair.

Maybe we should put together some sort of guidline, in writing, for the Bradenton race in February?

Steve, I plan on attending the races next year and eliminating Ward early in each event. If you have a problem with this, get my number from David and call me.

C'mon, Kevin! Don't you think that's a bit much? Ward was new at this and you schooled him in Topeka because he was accustomed to gentlemen racing. I'm not implying there is anything wrong with your style of racing as I have watched others do it as well. What comes around, goes around, just like my grand daddy used to say.

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Staging duels have been a part of dragracing forever , especially in the manualy shifted classes like pro stock & super stock, Tell Warren Johnson, Darrel Alderman, larry Morgan they are being *******? Its part of the game & quite exciting for the fans.

I'm not sure about those guys you just mentioned, but this series is for viper owners, not the general public, not espn, not for the pros, and as far as I'm concerned, thoses tactics are obnoxious. If David thinks we should allow people to play these little games then so be it since it is his series, but if my voice and Ward's vioce counts for anything, David should think about addressing this issue. In case you haven't noticed we are "the fans".
:usa:

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm not sure about those guys you just mentioned, but this series is for viper owners, not the general public, not espn, not for the pros, and as far as I'm concerned, thoses tactics are obnoxious. If David thinks we should allow people to play these little games then so be it since it is his series, but if my voice and Ward's vioce counts for anything, David should think about addressing this issue. In case you haven't noticed we are "the fans".
:usa:

Sorry to disagree & no flame intended, Its part of drag racing, but since your making up rules just for vipers you can do whatever you want to make it a kindler & gentler kind of event. But dont get so pissy when others who havent been playing in your sandbox do what is an accepted practice in every drag racing organization but yours.Sort of like your double break out & bringing back the losers rule, you may do it, but it is not an accepted practice anywhere else & I can understand someone feeling robbed. That being said, someday you may tire of playing amongst yourselves & try some other competition & the shoe will be on the other foot. Its nice to know how to play with others.

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is an opinion. Since Ward and I will be participating in the next event, I think our opinions are important as well. Will you be taking part in the next v10 nationals event?

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I road race exstensively, 22 races in 2004, I do drag race every chance I get on off weekends, but I am limited to local events. Now that Joe Dell is GA VCA prez hopefully we can get a nearby event in atlanta or macon, maybee in cunjunction with the se zone rendevous this year. We had a kick a$$ drag event friday nite on our last zone meet in 2003. IIts in the same location for 05 so Im looking forward to participating instead of organizing.

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish we had a 1/4 mile track a little closer. I have to frive 3 hours to get to the closest one. Oh well...

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary,

That's ok! You're welcome in Fl. anytime... Lets hope Bradenton starts and ends the series. That's so great for the southern folks... !

Lets just get ab out from underneath that car to actually see if it runs yet..

G

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, I would like to see these rules engraved in stone.

I think that this request is a bit unreasonable. A complete set of rules engraved in stone would be quite cumbersome. If they were to do this would they hand them out to individuals at the track or send them through the mail? I would have to imagine that the shipping would be outrageous. You may be onto something here though, if I may make a suggestion, why don't we put together a complete set of rules for each class and instead of engraving them into stone we could have them printed onto paper. The cost would be far less and the rulebook would be much easier to carry around. Just a thought.

As far as staging the car goes, I believe that at most NHRA events, once the first competitor turns on the top set of bulbs, the second competitor is allowed 15 seconds to stage his car or he, or she, will be disqualified. Maybe it's 20 seconds but the are rules to this effect.

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason its up to the starter, he can wait up to a few minutes if he wants,i have seen it go 2 minutes. He can force you to start by liting the staging lites for your lane.

2fast there is supposed to be a new NHRA super track in South GA that is under development at this time.

George Bryce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The real facts are( I know this is not....and does not need to be NHRA.)But NHRA uses an "auto start" When both prestage and one stage lights are on, the tree starts seven seconds later....if you are in(staged) you get a green light....if you do not "get in" in 7 secs....you get a RED! This stops all the BS on waiting on some one.
The duel only happens when nobody gos in. Peace, GB3

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevin (bln-gts) lets get a few facts straight here.

1) You started this thread ......spouting of accusation, that were an out right lie...".Oh, that explains it...Ward was already put out....I guess he needs the Macedo funding for next year, right, David Boggs?"

2) David Boggs gets sponsors by asking them to donate and would NEVER consider to throwing a race or cheating to get sponsorship.....his morals and ethics are well beyond that.

3)The facts are the rules were announced over the PA.....everyone knew what they were prior to racing.....by racing there after, you accepted the rules.

4)Joe Donavan broke out.....he knew what the result was by doing so.....I wont even go there regarding his public display. There was no other ladder to go to.

5)Joe and only Joe put me back in the race.....NO ONE did that BUT him....that is the facts.

6)Your public display of not obeying by the rules and DISGRACE the whole V-10 Nationals by calling it a HOAX is childish and irresponsible to disgrace the whole series because you do not what to abide by the rules.

7)Yes I was mad about Topeka and the stagging.....we both pulled around to the water box at the same time and you know the rest. Prior races that did not happen again, so I was over that long ago.

8) I had no problem staying in a hotel but you wanted all of us to stay there.I was grateful of the stay and you know I told you and the wife that then.

9) I would never consider starting a post to back stab anyone.....this is your back stabbing post reguarding the promoter and me and Larry Macedo.

"Well, when I arrived home, I was being slammed all over the place by him....couldn't hardly believe it?! He was stabbing me in the back because he wasn't man enough to say it to my face. He has on numerous occassions made comments in regards to my car being used by another driver, whose car was broke."

10) I did discuss privately, NOT making or starting posts, that dealt with:

A) About 1 car (yours) used by 2 different racers: you and Joe Donavan to get points for both of you with the same car in the SAME race. Making reference to NRHA/IRHA rules when they are to your benefit and not mentioning them when they will show that you are wrong. You can not pick and choose when to use the rules.

B) Points should be assigned by the car(one set of points per car).

11) My problem was with Joe Donavan ....he used his car to get points in the street car shoot out (That is fine). But used your car to try to get himself points to further his standing. Then U812 raced his car until it broke and then got into Joe Donavans car and used it trying to further his standings by putting his car number on Joe's car 's window.

12) I have broken (not recently) BUT NEVER did I getting into any other of our camp's car or anyone else's car to try to further my standings.....I WATCHED THE RACE and got no points......

13) I have raced by the rules the entire year NEVER ONCE did I break them nor did I try to get around them to benift my standings......THAT IS NOT HOW I WANT TO WIN NOR ACHIVE POINTS. Every point that I have recieved this year I EARNED honestly and fairly......As a matter of fact you know that too.

14) Rest assured if I want to tell you something I have NO PROBLEM TELLING YOU FACE TO FACE PERIOD......But the facts are, I was not pissed at you ....maybe that cars were passed around in your camp...BUT not YOU. I am mad about your post is a disgrace to the series that you and Joe and myself have raced all year.

15)One thing we all can agree on is the need for rules that are fair to every racer.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang