V10 NATIONALS ALL A HOAX!!!!

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you,David for the explanation. I too have broken out with a 10.99 on a 11.00 dial-in,but didn't know the other car would have lost also had he broke out.

If both cars are eliminated so be it. I'm glad I didn't find out the hard way. I agree with you as well on the idea
behind the rule.

Just a few more things to iron out for next season....

I have enjoyed your efforts and want you to know you have my full support.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very interesting thread.

NHRA/IHRA rules are NOT universal, and if the V10 Nats says over the PA that a break out loses - and you break out - you LOSE.... frame your timeslip and be proud of it - but get over it.

It has been my experience that at every track there is always one or two racers that are so competitive that they will throw a huge tantrum if things do not go their way. People learn to avoid them, or... in some cases - bring a whole crowd around to tell them how much they'd all love it if that person would go away.... and soon.

:2tu: at least that's how we do it kiwi style.

Glad most of you had fun! :headbang:

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
During the drivers meeting David specifically said that we were NOT using NHRA rules. Break outs after qualifying loose.
It is a shame to try to damage Dave with all of his effort and Larry Macedo who is as nice and upfront a tuner as anyone will find. Larry does not need to win for his business, he is already swamped, he is just happy for his friends and comes to support us and lend his expertise if needed.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is why i don't drag race. To me quickest wins. No bracket times to run under. Fastest take the $$$$. but then again i'm not a drag racer.

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is why i don't drag race. To me quickest wins. No bracket times to run under. Fastest take the $$$$. but then again i'm not a drag racer.

So basically you and the 50 other stock vipers that run will have no chance to win against me Or chad or Cudaman or Joe or Blown GTS.

Brackets even the playing field and keep it fun for everyone.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frank's a simple guy, but I think he doesn't drag race because he likes to use the big round thing that sits in front of you in the car... ;)

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've raced in two V-10 nats now, and I never knew the double breakout rule. I had always assumed that closest to dial in would win. To me, this makes it more easy to "punish" a sandbagger if you're running real close to dial in.
I was hoping to "punish" that compcoupe running in the 12.0 class in Shreveport this year. He ran low 11s earlier, and I was running 11.97, 11.98, 12.01, 12.04, 12.1, 12.15 during time trials. I thought I was going to win another 1st. Unfortunately, I missed a shift, ran a 12.5 and the comp coupe stayed "just ahead" of me and ran a 12.3X.
The NHRA rules are designed so that someone like me who "might " breakout with a good run might be able to punish someone who is REALLY sandbagging. I could have pushed that comp coupe to a 11.8 or 11.9.
I would really hate to hit the brakes (at the finish line) in a situation like that above. I believe in running my car out the back door each and every time. In the future braking will be nec with these rules.

No hit against Boggs, I appreciate all he's done, but if he ever wants to change this rule, I'm all for it.

9 seconds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is everyone saying "NHRA" rules? The double breakout rule is used at every track in the country. So the rule is if you break out you lose. No problem but weren't the guys who were brought back eliminated earlier by a rule also? Something like you have to be the first one to the end of the track w/o redlighting or breaking out to win.

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the NHRA indexed classes like super comp where you run on a 7.90 index, what happens if you break out? dosent the closest to the index win?

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GUys to be honest, When I started this thing it was because there was nothing for Viper Drag Racing.

Please remember I have no Prior racing experience! When the Index's were created I never thought of what could happen. It just evened the playing field of the race without the headache or argument of the Mod Levels. You run by your ET.

What is important is that nothing about the race is designed around the NHRA or IHRA it is all around what I thought was fair.

THis rule was set in stone the very first race! Now we have our first year behind us and a bright future in front of us. I have learned alot and will continue to do so to make the series better and Better.

But Never will this be based on the NHRA or IHRA as we can never really qualify our cars to fit there rules.

Im sure you can pick the race to part of what should be done or could have been. But everything from the beginning was spelled out and that is just the way it is.

The rules are if you run the 9.90 - 10.49 SUper Pro Street Class and you break out! regardless of when and if more than one you loose! that was never questioned until people do not like the end result.

The people it happenned to are both great people, and you Kevin and Mary are super People. I hate that it happened to you, But I can't change the rule based on who bad things happen too.

Bottom line is both SW and Joe Lost according to the rules in place.

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems to me that if you enter in the 9.90 class and come out running 9.80s, you entered yourself in the wrong class. With all of this complaining I wonder if some of you think that we may have been better off with no Viper drag racing series. I personally have had a great time at every race that I have attended. David, thanks again and I'll see you next time.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every race series has growing pains. Every race series makes adjustments from season to season. No race series can make a rule that can cover EVERY set of possibilities on the track.

Rules have to be dynamic - to change and adapt to different circumstances.

The V-10 Nationals should publish the rules that they have at the beginning of each year. Items not specifically written / covered in the rules will be determined by the V-10 Nationals officials. Case closed.

Maybe there should be an advisory panel that would offer some assistance to David in formulating and tightening up the rules for next year?

Establishing, running and growing the series takes a TREMENDOUS amount of effort - and David has admitted that he is not a seasoned drag racer that knows the ins and outs of the IHRA and NHRA rulebooks. Maybe some of you guys that do should offer to help. And by help, I mean really help. Write rules, sit on conference calls, debate, talk, educate, etc.

I know that Skip Thomas of the Viper Racing League and Michelin Challenge Series has faced similar obstacles, but actively solicits feedback from participants and has an advisory board that WORKS to help make the series better.

I really hate the ******** and complaining and accusations and consiracy theories. It gets old.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What I don't understand is how is Dr. Roof able to run in the same class with both his cars unless rules are different. Didn't he line up with someone and then his car had some pulley issues? Then he goes and gets his TT Viper and runs in that same class? I thought once you run one car in the qualifying event, it breaks ...you're out of that event. It's his race and I guess he can make his own rules...just doesn't seem quite right. I know in the KY derby, I have never seen a jocky win a horse race on two horses.

But anyways..bunch of fast cars out there.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I don't understand is how is Dr. Roof able to run in the same class with both his cars unless rules are different. Didn't he line up with someone and then his car had some pulley issues? Then he goes and gets his TT Viper and runs in that same class? I thought once you run one car in the qualifying event, it breaks ...you're out of that event. It's his race and I guess he can make his own rules...just doesn't seem quite right. I know in the KY derby, I have never seen a jocky win a horse race on two horses.

Ab
David's TT and SC car were both entered in the Unlimited Class. David was driving the S/C car and SW was driving the TT car. When the S/C car broke the Tenioner, SW told David to drive the TT car instead of him. SW's car was in the 9.90-10.4 class and he still had that to drive. It WASN'T like David went and pulled the TT off the trailer and jumped back in. SW felt like David should drive since it was his car anyway. It's hard to beat David or SW both are stand up guys. That's what this series is all about. Viper owners racing and helping each other out. Either one of these guys would give you the shirt off there back if it meant that they could help you get out there and race.

David nor SW give a [******] about gaining points they just like to race. :headbang:

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Why do people even comment when they have no idea what they are talking about?

Try coming to a race and you will find that the race is NO WAY FAVORED TO ME OR ANYONE!!! It is real simple to understand!

I have 3 vipers and I can run them anywhere I want to as can anyone else. You think in Nascar or other Races one owner does not own more than one car.

they are not back up they are entered in the race and recieve there own points. any more questions????

How's your Boost you tighten that belt yet :rolleyes:

Jcoopacr2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
David, Been following the contra on the board this week, looks like I missed a great event in Flordia. Had problems here that kept me home. I made 3 events this year, loved every one. Just wanted to tell this board what a great thing this series is and hope it continues. Hope every one makes peace and comes on back to compete again. Congratulations to Chad and the other winners. Those times keep coming down .You guys sure have raised the bar. Can 7s be that far away?

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Try coming to a race and you will find that the race is NO WAY FAVORED TO ME OR ANYONE!!! It is real simple to understand!

I have 3 vipers and I can run them anywhere I want to as can anyone else. You think in Nascar or other Races one owner does not own more than one car.

they are not back up they are entered in the race and recieve there own points. any more questions????

Why do people talk about things they don't understand? Hmmm..maybe you should come out with a V-10 national rule book so everyone knows the rules. I ask a simple question and you hop all over it like someone is attacking you. Why don't I want to come to a V-10 National race...let me think...I think the last time you talk to me like you did in bowling green you would have gotten your f-king mouth knocked in. So I choose to be be peaceful and stay away. We started out fine in the past..but then your head got big and so did your mouth.

Yeah, my car is fine thank you...but taking technical advice from you on how to fix my car...well...umm..never mind :rolleyes: Yeah...okay.

Infact..don't even bother answering my question...I don't care at this point.

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not to knock the series but it sounds like you need to set some ground rules so everybody has an understanding what they should expect. That would clear up a lot of these problems. I'm excited about joining in next year.
But I have a comment or question?
It doesn't sound right if you break down in one of your cars and drive your other one to race in the same class???

If you break..... you AND the car should be out. Not just the car?

-Lou

V10Nationals.com

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I have been reading all of these posts and quite frankly they have started to annoy me.

David has put some much time, effort and money for us Viper owners to have fun racing our cars with NOTHING to gain!!! He doesn’t have to do this but a lot of us appreciate that he does. David, you have done an AWESOME job and we all THANK YOU. All the people at the V-10 Nationals Series are like a family and this is what it makes this Series so great!

Now, let me make a few things clear to some of you that either you are too stupid to understand simple things or you just like to be jerks.

1) The rule of the breakout might not be what some of you would like, but it has been the same since the first race this year and MOST IMPORTANTLY everyone’s that raced in the series knows the rule and understands it. You break out and you are out of the races. It makes no difference if it happened at your first or you last race. It doesn’t matter if it happens to 2 racers at the same time. A breakout means you are out of the races. PERIOD

2) If you have more than one car you can enter more than one car in the races. You could have as many cars as you own entered in the races in any class that you like. You can also have anybody you want drive your car, with the exception of the Street Tire Shootout. You can drive it or you can have someone else drive it. You can drive it at the beginning and then let some one else drive it while the races progress and the other way around. I think this rule is simple. By the way, everyone that races in the Series knows that rule too.

David has 3 Vipers (a lot of us wish we were him). At Bradenton had 2 of his cars entered in the races. That is why we saw him drive 2 cars that weekend.

“ab”, It sounds that you have a personal problem with David. I don’t know you but I am sure that I am not missing much!! I know David and I also know that if he had to shut you up, you definitely deserved it. Do you realize that your words in your post: “I think the last time you talk to me like you did in bowling green you would have gotten your f-king mouth knocked in” are considered a physical threat? Be careful “ab”!!

Kevin Linebaugh, I haven’t seen an apology from you yet!! I think I speak for the majority of the V-10 Nationals racers (if not all of us) by saying you are NOT WELCOME at V-10 Nationals so make sure you don’t show your face at any of the events next year!

Steve

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
"be careful ab" What is that a threat to me now? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I gotten nothing against the V-10 nationals...and the people who attend it seem to have a great time which is good...it just seems that some people are more honored than others. That is why I choose not to attend it.

As far as David shutting me down gimme me a fricking break with your crap...what is this...another way for you to earn points in the races? Look at your screen name...you think I really care if you know me or not. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Don't forget to go get David his coffee...quick run...2 points!

You see steve with your comment like the above, it even shows more that this race series is becoming more clickish...banning people from the races because they don't fit in...but I am sure you don't have to worry about this Kevin guy showing up again...not because it was your choice.

I will admit the bad thing about not going is all the good people on this board who attend that are great guys and gals that I talk to and got to know..even the ones that give me crap are good guys. As far as personal issues with David...there is really none because I choose not to be around him at this time.

edit" I didn't read the part about Kevin above screaming and whatever above so I would understand him not being welcomed back....but something must have happened to get him that upset.

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevin is welcome to all races. Just as you are Asam. But your attacks and threats aren't.

Adam you must be madd because I told you to hurry up or you would miss the Race. Sorry dude I am running a race not a parade? You did not mention me allowing you the use of my trailer free of charge to come to Florida.

Big man you are? Knock my Teeth out. I don't have time to even acknowledge How stupid that is to say!

V-10 Nationals is not Clickesh. Maybe you are trying to create one.

If you will study Adams recent post his problem with me is that I know longer use DLM as my Tuner. Should I be sorry for that? this is America and If I choose I can use a different Tuner for every car I own.

Adam your comments about honoring more over others is about what???? SPONSORS get Recognized and if they DOnt sponosr they get nothing. SImple as that!

further more: Kevin and Mary and Joe are faithful attenders of the V-10 nationals and considered friends and I would rather resolve this matter with them instead of with a NON RACER with the Rice Burner Viper!

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOU

what is not right about it?

Both cars are entered in the race and both cars qualify and both cars get it's rightful place in the bracket. If they meet each other one car will loose.

Further more Both cars keep their own points.

This is 100% legit

I think Adams post must have got you confused as he was.

I dont choose a car to run depending on who I am racing.

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam Said

"As far as personal issues with David...there is really none because I choose not to be around him at this time. "

Adam I guess you will when you need a Trailer to use.

I have nothing against you but your in Left field all of a sudden and it all goes to one Tuner. That is none of your business so why take it personal?

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Rice burner Viper..Ooh that really hurts David!! Let me guess what makes my car rice...the wing? Hmm you have one too..big stereo system..nope I don't have one..but you do..Front mount intercooler..you have one also..by the way..my parts were bought by some of your "sponsers"..gimme me a break! I will gladly list all my ricer parts and name companies I bought them from. Figure out a door knob from a spark plug yet? I think you have me mistaken for the ricer crowd you constantly brag to in Louisville, Ky area from the age group of 15 years old and 18? Tell you what..why don't you ask some of the serious older performance guys in Louisville and see what they think about your preaching ass...they sure do talk a lot crap behind your back.

As far as a trailer thing goes...sure thing David, yup you let me use it which that was nice of you I admit, but that doesn't give you the right to talk to some people like you're some kind god....which of all thing since you're church goer or preacher yourself.. should know you are not any type of God. 7 deadly sins..isn't some of
them "Pride" "Anger"..may need to study up on those..I know I need to study up on "anger"..but who knows maybe I am wrong and you are perfect. Don't worry about me calling you about a trailer..I got one being made so I don't feel like I "owe ya"...

I don't care what happened between you and all your tuners drama out there. So don't go making this a DLM issue. As everyone knows on this board, Doug is a friend, but Doug is a big boy and can fight his own battles. I think he chooses to stay out of your soap operas but you are the one who takes hidden pop shots at him and his character. I got to meet several different tuners out there and they are all good people to deal with...so this is not about DLM or anyone else.. Get a clue.

You say I am mad about hurrying up or I will miss the race...hardly the case! I asked a simple question on classes, that is where you decided to go peanuts!.. but your wife stepped in between us and I politely pulled myself from the situation and left so I would not have any other issues with your mouth. Several people who saw what happened even commented to me that was uncalled for.

I won't even go into the sponsering stuff just due to the respect of the other tuners who I am cool with. They don't need to be dragged into our little hissy fit and they all do a great job with their cars that they had there.

As far as me being a non-racer...you got it when it comes to the V-10 nationals..other local races...yep..I attend those as much as possible. So I will hand it to you..it's really non of my business on how you use two cars because one breaks down so you get the other in a qualifying event. I take it back.

I'm done going back and forth on this. I was just curious about the rules of racing two cars with the same driver in the same class....sounds like I hit a nerve or something. I am not going to respond to anymore of these posts...We are local enough and if you want to keep this going, I am sure we will run into each other and chat like adults.

You're Daddy
-Jim Baker

mntngts99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"V-10 Nationals is not Clickesh"
Then why don't you try to include All V-10 owners and bring some of the races out west????

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It doesn't sound right if you break down in one of your cars and drive your other one to race in the same class???

If you break..... you AND the car should be out. Not just the car?

-Lou

Sounds just right to me fishstick. :eek:
Anyone can enter as many cars as they like as long as each car has it's own points.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang