V10 NATIONALS ALL A HOAX!!!!

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevin bln-gts ..... I think you owe it to EVERYONE to ask the moderator to change the title of the post. Just a thought to consider.

Cudaman :usa:

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Well I think everyone knows the rules for breaking out now, as Jason said no reason to get out the stone carvers. As far as games at the light, yeah games have been played for decades in the NHRA and IHRA, I guess that is why they imposed red light penalities. Every race these cars are getting faster and faster, if they lose heat in the tires, losing is the last consideration, it could be dangerous. I know with several of my races, 1Tony1, David Boggs, Joe Donovan, etc, I rolled back into the water box and waited once they rolled in I looked over and all of these class act drivers noded, both car did their burn outs together and we pulled to the lines, staged and left with hot tires. It was fun, fast and competitive, until 1Tony1 ran a 9.85 on drag radials to eliminate me from any glory. Point is, this should be fun for all of us, but foremost it has to be safe. Screwing with someone's staging when they make 750-1400 foot pound of torque is un-cool. I would say we need to impose a time limit once both staging lights are lit.

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevin bln-gts ..... I think you owe it to EVERYONE to ask the moderator to change the title of the post. Just a thought to consider.

Cudaman :usa:
I agree. It just looks bad.

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Screwing with someone's staging when they make 750-1400 foot pound of torque is un-cool. I would say we need to impose a time limit once both staging lights are lit.

David, we need to address this issue. Please let us know what you think.

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary

Stagging is part of the game in my opinion.

However, There needs to be limits. we can use the autoformat but we must be careful to make sure we do Gentleman racing in the Burnout box. look at one another and then start.

In Bradenton against Tony I had to abort my Burnout and I started again and he ended up at the light before me, I shortened my usual burnout out of respect to him so we will have a rule concerning stagging just not certain of how it will be written

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been involved with viper days for quite a few years now - Henry helps SKip with some of the rules things and I've seen the changes made over the years to both the Michelin Challenege Series (like the street tire shootout) and the Viper Racing League (like the other classes, maybe - but certianly like Unlimited.)

It seems that there are a few things going on.

1. There needs to be formal written rules. Displayed on the web, or by email, or handed out with entry information, etc. Relying on a PA system doesn't cut it - reviewing them ALL in a driver's meeting would - but you'd have to schedule another day!

2. There needs to be written rules for the points system and whether the points are for car or driver. Since we're not talking about race horses here, points for the driver seems to be the logical solution -- but the driver should be able to run in multiple classes and gain points FOR THAT CLASS.

3. As any series grows, there will be snags and bumps. Constructive criticism is helpful and I am glad to see the original poster offer to assist in a rules committee.

Fair, published, clearly defined and communicated rules are paramount to a series credibility and survival. (And would have gone a long way in closing this thread down EARLY.)

Best of luck to David as he continues to grow the series and make the changes as part of the learning process. And viper owners can be a difficult lot - competitive (highly) and sometimes maybe a little self important - couple those attributes with a dash of testosterone, and well, you get the picture. It's not easy to develop, promote, organize and grow a series (as a HOBBY no less) - and ya'll ought to remember that.

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
David, the clock does not start until both pre-stage and then one car lights the bottom bulbs. Burnout shinanigans would not be affected.

We all know people are going to do what they're going to do. The good news is it's so predictable that if you are prepared, it is a non-issue.

Safety is a big concern and needs to be addressed quickly, from cages in 8 second cars to burnouts in the pits! The Series is great and needs to be considered a work-in-process in order to keep it maturing. There is no reason that every race is better than the last.

I'll help however I can. I'll start by bringing my car up to NHRA standards except for the IRS and parachute (it's a street car).

Chad

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm confused about the double breakout situation, and how it should be handled. I understand that you want to DQ someone if they breakout. That seems fine as a baseline rule. However, the double breakout seems to be a problem, if both people are DQ'd.

For instance, what if both are in the final run - do you DQ them both, and then look back to the two people who lost in the semis? Have the semis losers run against each other? Take the times from the semis losers?

Also, if you double breakout both from one side in the semis, allowing the other side to advance, that doesn't make sense, as those other two may well have already run, and determined a winner between them. Why advance them both and make them run again? One already beat the other.

Just trying to figure it out for future purposes.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm confused about the double breakout situation, and how it should be handled. I understand that you want to DQ someone if they breakout. That seems fine as a baseline rule. However, the double breakout seems to be a problem, if both people are DQ'd.

For instance, what if both are in the final run - do you DQ them both, and then look back to the two people who lost in the semis? Have the semis losers run against each other? Take the times from the semis losers?

Also, if you double breakout both from one side in the semis, allowing the other side to advance, that doesn't make sense, as those other two may well have already run, and determined a winner between them. Why advance them both and make them run again? One already beat the other.

Just trying to figure it out for future purposes.

I'm sorry, did you say something?! Say, say what?! I would like to know where you were last week? You should have been in Bradenton :D :D :D :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang