VCA DRAG RACING AT GAINESVILLE SAT. OCT. 9

Gary Lashinsky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The VCA Central and North Florida has it's second annual drag racing event at the Gainesville International Raceway Saturday Oct.9. This drag racing event is free for VCA members of the Central and North Florida club. Guests are $15.00 each. Any VCA member from other clubs are welcome. Entry fee is $30.00 for driver and car and guests are $15.00 each. This event will take place starting at 8AM to 4PM.
The scheduled classes are as follows:

Showroom Stock RT 10 or GTS
Showroom stock SRT 10
Modified Motor only (no NOS, Turbo or SC)
Unlimited (NOS,Turbo and SC OK)

Any tire can be used in Modified or Unlimited. Showroom classes must be on stock street tires.

We will also award trophies for low ET, high MPH and quickest 60' time.

Call Barb at the VCA office at 407-366-0366 to reserve your spot for this event at one of the nations greatest dragstrips. Remember, if you are a member of the Central and North Florida VCA it's free for you. Guests are $15.00 each. All catering is included.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah........It is that time of the year again!!!!!

Our club rents one the best tracks is the South and it comes with a FREE LUNCH!!!!! :2tu:

See there is something in Florida to excited about, other than hurricanes!

Gary...put me down for Showroom Stock RT 10. :D

Cudaman :usa:

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I heard a rumor that Gary Lashinsky may have once paid for his room and board with B-Stock drag racing. I wonder if we are going to get to see him in action this time around?? Huh Gary, Huh? It would be neat to see that Comp Coupe make a few runs! :2tu:

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John, at V-10 Nationals in Sherveport, Mickey Craig ran his stock Comp Coupe to a 11.64 after he did his 1/8 burn out. It could be a battle of Comp Coupes.

Tony.....YES....

Lee Saunders made one 1/4 pass after paying for the entire day and they said he went too fast on the first pass. So the next run he 1/8 pass and then they he was still too fast .....so they kicked him off after only 2 passes.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting kicked off doesn't sound like fun.

Would I be OK with helmet, roll bar, harness, fire jacket, and fire extinguisher? Or do I need more?

JD

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joesph you should be fine..... 10 sec cars must have a roll bar.

Lee Saunders had ran a 9.8 pass and the NRHA wants Viper owners to destroy our cars by cutting holes thru our fire walls to install our roll bars. Viper owners refuse to destroy their cars on behalf of the NRHA. Many rules are changing especially when it comes to our Vipers because of safety features designed into our cars. They are designed for high speed for example crumple frames that will help take a high speed impact. Many of the NRHA rules are antiquated and set up because the cars of the 50's, 60's and 70's did not have any safety features designed into their cars. Many NRHA rules have changed in the last year 1 1/2 and some of the antiquated have been changed.

Cudaman

:usa:

OP
OP
G

Gary Lashinsky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys. . .My Comp. Coupe is in Duluth, MN. at Archer Racing but I will bring my SRT 10 to the track this year and run in the stock SRT 10 Class. I used to run SSBA and BSA with Oldsmobile for points in NHRA and went to the US Nationals with my Hurst Olds/455. I still hold a current NHRA Competition License for Dragsters and Door cars that run 7.5 seconds in the quarter.

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Gary, your licensed to 7.5 seconds that must be a rush. Maybe it is time to strap twin turbos and a 400 shot of nitrous on your SRT10??

Gainesville is a great track, but they will look for safety equipment. However this year the NHRA changed the rules on roll bars, safety loops, harness, etc. If you car has minor mods (like exhaust / filters) and runs to 11.5 seconds you don't need a roll bar. Under 11.5 seconds I'm not sure. I figure it is better to spend a day and that track and get kicked out for going to fast, then spend the day at work or mowing the yard.

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A Sportsman license is good to 7.50. That is the minimum NHRA license (and yes, I have one). Props to Gary.

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad

you wanna play a little before the V-10 Nationals?

Not sure if I can really make it but it is a possibility.

Be real madd about getting kicked out though???

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys. . .My Comp. Coupe is in Duluth, MN. at Archer Racing but I will bring my SRT 10 to the track this year and run in the stock SRT 10 Class. I used to run SSBA and BSA with Oldsmobile for points in NHRA and went to the US Nationals with my Hurst Olds/455. I still hold a current NHRA Competition License for Dragsters and Door cars that run 7.5 seconds in the quarter.

I am no longer in the central region, but I am going to have to come to watch the grudge match of Gary Lashinski vs. Steve Salias. Let the bodies hit the floor.

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad

you wanna play a little before the V-10 Nationals?

Not sure if I can really make it but it is a possibility.

Be real madd about getting kicked out though???

I gaurantee we don't get a second run. That is too far for me and waaaaay too far for you to go for one run.

We definitely need to get together before the races though. You know where we will be the weekend before. Hope you can make it.

We also need to trade keys for a cruise to see what the cars are like. And then switch back and go kill some stuff, of course.

OP
OP
G

Gary Lashinsky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I Know most of you will pass NHRA inspection as far as safety equipment, but they will not let you run in the 9's without the required safety equipment. This is for your protection! Most of you will be running in the 12's and 11's with no problem. NHRA will let you run to 11.50 with your stock Viper. if you go faster, them certain rules will apply. Larry Macedo will be classifying all entrants who run in the four classes.

The track will keep record of all runs in each class and give me the final tally. As far as entrants and guests, we need to have all who plan on attending call our VCA office at 407-366-0366, and let us know you are coming and how many guests you will have. we need a head count for catering.

I will run my SRT 10 in that stock showroom SRT 10 class. If Steve Salis shows up, he will run in the RT10 and GTS class, however I will run him heads up if he thinks he can beat this old drag racer. The last time I ran at a dragstrip was in a Super Comp. Dragster at 8.0 seconds and 160 MPH at Orlando's Speedworld. What a rush!!

mystic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking I might make it out there. Its about a 3 hour drive for me so I should be there. Although I am not part of any VCA club or anything..???

Dave
1999 GTS Roe S/c

OP
OP
G

Gary Lashinsky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, this will be a good tune up for the V 10 Nationals Finals in Bradenton for all of you who are running in this series. You can practice your launchs and work on your 60 ft. times as well as reaction times. If you run in the nine's just lift at the 1000 ft. mark to keep from breaking into the nine's. Gainesville is owned and run by the NHRA. They are always concerned for your safety, so don't be upset with their rules and requirements. Come out and have some fun and tune up for the V 10 Nationals Finals in December at Bradenton.

OP
OP
G

Gary Lashinsky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VCA Members, Please call Barb at our office to reserve your spot at Gainesville. Current VCA Central and North Florida members are free, guests are $15.00 each to cover catering. if you are a VCA member from another regional club, your entry fee is $30.00 for driver and car and guests are $15.00 each. Call 407-366-0366, ask for Barb and let us know you are coming.

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I will run my SRT 10 in that stock showroom SRT 10 class. If Steve Salis shows up, he will run in the RT10 and GTS class, however I will run him heads up if he thinks he can beat this old drag racer. The last time I ran at a dragstrip was in a Super Comp. Dragster at 8.0 seconds and 160 MPH at Orlando's Speedworld. What a rush!!

[/QUOTE]

Sounds like we have a good old fashion gun fight here. Steve and Gary should hug before the race though. Maybe Roof (who is currently a Florida transplant) and Chad can do some bumble bee fighting! It would be interesting to see which twin turbo is faster to the 1/8 mile at least, or maybe you guys could race on street tires and see which one is the quicker street turbo car?

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be there to tech for this event and unlike last time, bribes will be considered. :2tu:

Larry the check is in the mail..... My car is stock ;)

..... that I can run against the winner of Gary Lashinski and Steve Salias. :2tu:

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking I might make it out there. Its about a 3 hour drive for me so I should be there. Although I am not part of any VCA club or anything..???

Dave
1999 GTS Roe S/c

Dave come as one of our guests.

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Steve Salis shows up, he will run in the RT10 and GTS class, however I will run him heads up if he thinks he can beat this old drag racer. The last time I ran at a dragstrip was in a Super Comp. Dragster at 8.0 seconds and 160 MPH at Orlando's Speedworld. What a rush!!

Gary,

Sounds like you already won the race? I have $100.00 on Steve "the Greek" Salis! are you a betting man? best 2 out of 3?

OP
OP
G

Gary Lashinsky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve Salis has not registered for this VCA event. If he does??? I will be happy to run him. I see where he is running modified in the V10 Nationals. if he is not showroom stock then we will do it by dial in and a handicapped start. Remember, you must pre-resister in advance to attend, be a paid current member of the Viper Club in our region, and register your guests in advance for catering. All pre-registered drivers and guests will be given wrist bands to identify them as registered. This is a VCA event for VCA members including Georgia, So. Florida and any current VCA member. Our Central & North Florida VCA regional members are free to register as driver and car for Gainesville. Their guests are $15.00 each. If you want to attend you must pre-register by calling Barb at the VCA office at 407-366-0366.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21