VCA DRAG RACING AT GAINESVILLE SAT. OCT. 9

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary L. Wrote:

Jay, you are not on our registered guest list for Saturday.

AND??????????? what does that mean? If you dont want to me go, be a man and just say so, but dont claim I am not on a pre-registered guest list. Pre-registration was for catering only (as I have the email) and I DO NOT want anything to eat.

I can tell everyone from being in this Region for 3 years, that every event a member would call barb and say this is JON DOE registering for event X and I will be bringing one guest.

you said earlier:
Gary L. Wrote: The weather looks good and we expect 25 or more Vipers to run as well as 75 plus members who have pre-registered

Please post the pre-registered members and their guests list. If you have 75 plus members and most would bring a guest, you should easily be able to produce a pre-registered guest list of at least 30 people. Please post it, so I can see I am not on the list.

The funny thing is I have a copy of an email from Barb, your VCA office assistant, to the vca member that registered and was going to take me, stating "Your RSVP'd for the race this Saturday...."

I will gladly post this email an the other emails you sent to me. For example:

email 1) "Jay, Call me so I can clarify some things ".....
email 2) "catering is box lunches for our pre-registered attendees only"...
email 3) "Hi Jay. Are you coming to Gainesville? ....

Please Gary, produce the member and the guest list, you should be able to produce this without delay if you have it?

Everyone see's your just trying to prevent me from going because I called your BS on your NHRA License, racinging steve s. and being afraid to take the bet after you "runned and gunned" your mouth with your weak SMACK on the board. Otherwise why would you care as long I paid the $15.00 to sit in stands.

V10Nationals.com

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jay,

I hope you are not expecting a list from Gary. You know that he has the names of the registered VCA members that have confirmed their participation and that is all!

When a member calls to register he/she tells Barb that if he/she and/or his/her spouse/”better half” is going to attend and how many guests they are bringing along. Nobody asks the names of the quests, as that would be inappropriate.

Gary is full of it again and he just doesn’t want you to come because he is scared to face you.

Just watch, somehow he is going to say that I am not on the list either so he doesn’t have to race me!

By the way, why does our club charges our guests $15.00? I understand that the $15.00 is to cover the “catering” costs.

Gary, Here is another question that you will probably not answer just like my question about the classes:

If only pre-registered guests get the lunch boxes then why would any guests that show up at the gate or call in after the deadline (last Monday) have to pay?

How about this question:
How much is this event costing us?

LTHL-GRY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will personally guarantee the $1000 prize.

I have clients in town this weekend so even though I am a registered and confirmed "guest" I cannot come to see The Greek whip The Toupee' in person. However, everybody who knows me knows that unlike a certain local VCA officer, my word is a bond. No smack here, just 10 plain old Benjamins...

Gary, if you're scared just say you're scared and let it go at that. No more BS; put up or shut up you old corpse! Man up and bet on yourself, form a syndicate to back you (as if) or fold and walk away... And BTW, quit private emailing everybody in a blind panic, it only shows your weakness. State your case here, if you have one.

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will personally guarantee the $1000 prize.

I have clients in town this weekend so even though I am a registered and confirmed "guest" I cannot come to see The Greek whip The Toupee' in person. However, everybody who knows me knows that unlike a certain local VCA officer, my word is a bond. No smack here, just 10 plain old Benjamins...

Gary, if you're scared just say you're scared and let it go at that. No more BS; put up or shut up you old corpse! Man up and bet on yourself, form a syndicate to back you (as if) or fold and walk away... And BTW, quit private emailing everybody in a blind panic, it only shows your weakness. State your case here, if you have one.

JT,

I am sure you are not on the quest list either, as there is not one. If one magically shows up tomorrow, it will because Gary had barb call every member confirmed and get the guest name, for insurance purposes I am sure :rolleyes: . The more time that goes by, justifies that there is not one.

I thought I was the only one getting the private emails from Gary begging for mercy, to make this all go away privately.

Gary dished it out on the public board, got called on it, now wants it all to go away. I am surprised this thread has not disappeared yet.

Gary, seeing as you are backing out now, I would rather support the v10nationals, something you promised to on this board, then vetoed at the national level, maybe you can explain that to everyone on saturday as they are choking down those cheap ass ASSHINSKY $3 sandwich's your are charging $15.00 for.

OP
OP
G

Gary Lashinsky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First of all, we don't publish names of our members and their guests online. This is private club information and not for publication. We had a deadline of Monday to order catering from the track for members who are racing and bringing guests.

The track costs are only being partially covered. The $15. entry fee for VCA members who did not meet the track deadline for catering will help to defray some costs. Ask David Boggs how expensive it is to run an event, rent a track and pay for all the costs envolved.

Salis, as usual, you are blowing in the wind. I supported the $3,000 sponsorship from the National VCA to David Boggs for Shreveport as a member of the Motorsports Committee as well as offering David support for Brandenton in December which we are working on. Don't spoil this for him with your big mouth!

There are going to be many VCA members with their families and friends at Gainesville.This is supposed to be a fun event. Why do all of you continue to try and ruin this for them? Your not even members of the club except for Salis.

Yes, I will run Salis if he plays nice, and yes I have a current NHRA Competition License. My satisfaction will come at the end of the quarter mile when I cross the line ahead of him.

This is for Jay, you name was not on Barb's list yesterday when I checked. Who were you coming with? Jay, why would you say the things you have in your last post? None of you, including you Jay, Have any idea of what it costs to put this event on for VCA members. Don't insult the club or me with your inflamitory posts.

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ooops.... I should not have mentioned I am not a VCA member now..... my tag line has been changed to Viper Owner.. and they took away access to the VCA Members page on this site......

Sorry I will miss tomorrow's action.... but I will be in Florida the weekend of October 23rd and the following week... Chuck... I'll give you a call maybe we can meet for some wings.

Be safe and drive fast!

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess it's a secret.

Heres mine: I went Friday night to our local 1/8 mile and ran a 6.43 and a 6.49. The 43 would have been about a 9.88 and the 49 would have been a 9.97 in the 1/4 mile. I am really looking forward to Bradenton.

NOW, what happened in Fl ????????? Fast times? Good fights ?

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We will have to wait until we can get ahold of the bail bonds men to get Gary L and Steve S. out. Then we will all know .

Cudaman :usa:

1BADSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if anybody will agree but It looked like a slow E.T. day. I saw alot of Vipers running 13's. I know my car sure ran slower than expected. Not sure if it was the heat or what.

I had fun though.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who cares about Steve and Gary? My ol' # 34 (97 GTS) made one of it's few dragstrip appearances and ran up against SRT-10s all day and beat every one of them, 'cept for Gary. The others were sleeping at the light and charging hard at the line. Another 40 feet of dragstrip and they would've beat me.

Like the styling or not, the SRT/10 moves.

MAMBA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just want to let everyone know I enjoyed meeting you especially Vern Hill, Gary L., Barb, Tom Welch, a gentleman named Joe and his son Lee from Lakeland(Alzheimers snatched their last name from my brain) and Cudaman. I am a new VCA member and this was the first chance for my wife and I to meet some of you. I cetainly enjoyed seeing and hearing the different vipers and of course watching the races for the best E.T. I look forward to meeting the rest of you at future events. I have about 10 digital pictures I can e-mail anyone that wants them.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rick send me the pictures and I will post them. Lee Saunders and his (Dad) Joe Saunders.

Fuelman and myself were late getting to the track due to circumstances beyond our control. We drove up Friday evening to get a early start at the track. We spent the night at a Quality Inn in Ocala at 4:30 am the Hotel lost power ....No not from a Hurricane, but from an accident. A semi took out a concrete power high transmission line along the road/interstate, when the pole fell it took all the line but one. I woke up about 5:00 am to a HOT hotel room with no power nor water. To make matters worse at 8:15 am the power lines were still across the Hotels only entrance....trapping us in there.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Finally they got the lines cleared were we could drive to 50-60 miles to the drag strip. I am sorry I did not have time to socialize more. I was busy changing all 4 tires with one jack.

Then after my first pass I could tell my car was not producing full boost. I had a upper radiator hose developed a leak onto the blower belt which destroyed my belt from the antifreeze causing the belt spin on the pulleys. I had to change out that belt with a hot motor.

It was hard for me to get traction on my best run I trapped at 142 mph on BFG's with a 1.699 60ft with running into 15 - 20 mph head wind in the heat of the day at 1:30 pm.

I really wanted to spend more time talking to old friends and meeting new members....to much time was spent working... hopefully next time.

Cudaman :usa:

V10Nationals.com

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Apparently a lot of people have been watching this thread!

Well, lets start the news by saying that if you bet on Gary…get ready to pay up, if you bet on me…go cash out. Too bad Gary didn’t accept Jay’s bet for the grand otherwise Gary would be paying out.

We had 3 runs and I beat Gary 2 out of 3. Here are the details:

1st run
Steve: .164 RT – 13.266 ET
Gary: .096 RT - 12.806 ET - Winner

2nd run
Steve: .044 RT – 12.650 ET - Winner
Gary: RED Light

3rd run
Steve: .231 RT – 12.595 ET - Winner
Gary: .404 RT – ?? (Let off the gas)

Yes the track was slow, it was a hot day with plenty of wind against us and the box got slippery quickly. It looks like everyone was running about 1 second slower than normal.

So, the amateur drag racer with the good old little 95 Viper beats the 20 years experience NHRA license holder with the new and most powerful Viper produced! Please let me know when you want me to sign your t-shirts and hats :laugh:

Overall was a fun day! I got to see, talk and compete against several of my friends and also make a few new ones. I almost forgot…I got to put Gary on the trailer…THANKS VCA!

On a serious note now; I want to recognize that Gary was man enough to accept to race me, he accepted his defeat and he even gave an extra trophy so I can remember this day. Of course I will need to replace the plaque on it with a special message. I am open to suggestions.

Gary also talked about V-10 Nationals and Viper days and here is a small summary:

VCA is now recognizing V-10 Nationals as the official drag racing series for the Viper Club. Excellent news!! The Central/North Florida VCA chapter will pay $50.00 towards the entry fee for any current VCA member that wants (and should) participate on the final event for this year at Bradenton, FL!! Remember the official site for V-10 Nationals is www.V10Nationals.com

Viper Days are coming to FL and 3-day event will take place in Sebring, FL sometime in May? (I might be off about the month). Our club will once again help its members with the entrance fee. Also, I heard that there are discount for first time participants that are VCA members. The event should be very exciting! There are several classes with trophies and I believe cash payouts too. If you want to get some practice before that event join Safe Motorsports and join several of us on December 5th at Sebring for a full day of racing practice. More details: www.SafeMotorsports.com

I will let Gary give you more details and make any necessary corrections.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this post!

Steve

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, lets start the news by saying that if you bet on Gary…get ready to pay up, if you bet on me…go cash out. Too bad Gary didn’t accept Jay’s bet for the grand otherwise Gary would be paying out.

Yawn!!! I am still hung over from the party Saturday night, we collected the largest bet via paypal from one of Gary's VCA drones within 2 hours of notification that Steve put Gary on the Trailer and spent it all. Thats alot of drinking, steak and lobster and etc... For the rest of you, that picked the LoooserShinski, I will settle up with you sometime this week and collect.

Gary, Thank you for spouting off your mouth without being able to back it up or in your case, even have the nerve to try to, it was the easiest $$$MONEY$$$ I have made. But it was the $1000.00 comming out of your wallet that I wanted, as I was going to frame it and give it to the Greek as a present. The ViperDays guys may all call you "LAPINSKI", because they all lap you. But to me you will be known as LAUGH$$$$HINKI- Thanks for all laughs and money.

Also, as fars as shuting up Steve from one of your previous posts, just remember Steve "BARKS' because he can! unlike you, who has to "BARK"

Until the next round
Your Viper VCA Grandson.

[/QUOTE]

NascarDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are "modified class" Vipers running mid-12's anything to "bark" about? Was the track that bad? Cuda, Chuckie, M2?

SneakyPete, I'd love to see you in OK for Viper Days finals and watch you lap Gary. You in?

DN

V10Nationals.com

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are "modified class" Vipers running mid-12's anything to "bark" about? Was the track that bad? Cuda, Chuckie, M2?

SneakyPete, I'd love to see you in OK for Viper Days finals and watch you lap Gary. You in?

DN

DN,

My “modified” Viper is a 95 RT/10 with headers and exhaust and that’s it! My car runs in the mid 11s on a good day. Yes, last Saturday was hot , about 15-20 mph head wind and the track was slippery. Everyone run slower. The SRT-10’s were running 13s all day long.

So, having an almost stock 95 win against a brand new SRT-10 IS something to brag about!

I’ll tell you what. I’ll bet you too for Viper days. Come on down for Viper Days at Sebring next year and let’s see if you can be faster in your creampuff than me in my good old GEN 1 ’95. How much money are you ready to lose? Heck, let’s make it interesting and get your friends to back you up and they can put some money in the *** too. I know I have several friends that will back me up!

Are you on? Come down a day earlier and I'll race you on the drag strip too. Just don't forget, I only accept cash! :D

Steve

LTHL-GRY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Brother Dave Lashinsky, come down to Sebring on Dec 5 and we'll start with you... :cool:

Lets see: you're calling out a stock 97 GTS with a driver who has a cast on his leg vs. a comp coupe with a driver whose toupee' obstructs his vision, hmmmmmmm... I'll take bets on how long it takes Lapinsky to start whining for a handicap.

I don't see us driving 20+ hours just to administer a beat down. Do you have any idea how much trivia we could play in that length of time? :rolleyes:

In any case Slithrn didn't say he could lap Lapinsky, just that from all reports it does happen on a quite regular basis.

However, I am glad to see the North/Central Florida VCA starting (after much work/questioning/pressure from the rank and file members) to finally give some return to the members for the dollars paid in dues. Thanks to VCA National/JRT for helping crank up the pressure on the local nest of nepotism. I might even re-up.

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score

DN

Last I heard, from my buddy at Archer's, Gary went and slammed/crashed his Compe Coupe around, to the tune $30,000.00+ damage. you sure he going to make it?

I have seen how my grandparents drive and Scarry Crashinski is older than them. I just cant imagine Scarry Crashinski on the race track.

NascarDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SneakyPete, Lthl-Gry and V10 Nationals,

I'm not calling anyone out, just making an observation that Gary's driving skills are being critiqued by drag racers, not road racers. It's not as easy as some feel it is. There are many very competitive drivers as well as some professionals in the Viper Days series.

"Lets see: you're calling out a stock 97 GTS vs. a comp coupe"

If you look at the Viper Days results, you'll see that a well driven "prepared" class GTS can compete with a Comp Coupe anyday. In fact, a GT1 prepared GTS wins almost every VRL race.

I'd love to drive Sebring and have Chuck show me the way!
Maybe we could hit Sunshine Speedway on Friday, then Sebring on Saturday?

DN

OP
OP
G

Gary Lashinsky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All of us had a great time. The track was very slippery. The left lane was slow by at least 4/10th of a second for most SRT 10's than the right lane. The best time was set by Ward Reasoner at 10.46 at over 141 MPH. My best time (in the right lane) was 12.6 at 117MPH. Steve and I ran the end of the day. I ran a 12.8 to his 13.266 in the first race and won. When we staged for the second race, I was in the left lane and rolled thru the lights and fouled with a red light. I did not make the run and waited for Steve to re-stage. In the last run Steve ran a 12.595 in the right lane and I finished without any ET or MPH for the quarter on my slip. My 1000ft was 10.975 but the computer did not register 1/4 mile ET or MPH.I did not lift. Steve won that race. We ran two races heads up. I won one Steve won the other. Everyone had a great time and I look forward to doing a Spring and Fall drag racing event for the club next year.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score

DN

Last I heard, from my buddy at Archer's, Gary went and slammed/crashed his Compe Coupe around, to the tune $30,000.00+ damage. you sure he going to make it?

I have seen how my grandparents drive and Scarry Crashinski is older than them. I just cant imagine Scarry Crashinski on the race track.

There was a "racing incident" in Texas. No blame was assigned, and since Viper Days is a no contact series, blame would be assigned and penalties assessed if there was a clear causal party. Incidents are reveiwed by racing peers, as well as Viper Days officials.

The $30K figure is way inflated - there was minimal body damage - car was raced as is on Sunday. Probably shouldn't be passing along hearsay, repair costs, etc. unless you have firsthand knowledge - regardless of how reliable you believe your source to be.

And yes, I was there.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was in the left lane and rolled thru the lights and fouled with a red light. I did not make the run and waited for Steve to re-stage. I won one Steve won the other.

Sorry, but if you look at the back of your NHRA license you will see where it says a red light is a loss. Gary 1 Steve 2 That's just the way it is. Kudo's for having a good event. I wish you guys could find a track that didn't require space shuttle safety gear....then we could bring down some fast cars :laugh:

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, but if you look at the back of your NHRA license you will see where it says a red light is a loss. Gary 1 Steve 2 That's just the way it is. Kudo's for having a good event. I wish you guys could find a track that didn't require space shuttle safety gear....then we could bring down some fast cars :laugh:

I must be getting old - or old enough to realize that I am not immortal. I don't understand how people are willing to spend 10's of thousands of dollars (and sometimes more) on performance parts for their cars and then won't invest in the safety equipment to possibly save their lives. Vipers going 140 - 150+ MPH at the end of a run can cause a bunch of damage to an individual and things happen very fast.

Having seen my husband upside down with the back end of his car in the wall, I can only tell you how relieved I was to hear him say "I'm OK" on the radio and how happy I was that we decided that the safest thing to do - if we were going to continue to run high speed DE events - was to buy a race car with all the safety equipment available and invest in things that maybe weren't "required" but were safer. This could have just as easily happened to a street car and I fear the results would have been worse. We've continued to invest in more and better safety equipment and never begrudge the $$$ spent. And that money gets spent BEFORE the car upgrades.

You are doing your loved ones a disservice if you are taking better care of your car than you are of yourself. I cringe when I see someone spend $2400 a weekend on tires and then won't pony up the less than $800 for a HANS device.

Hate to be the voice of doom and gloom - but sooner or later - something is going to happen - and when it does - you all should want to have the most safety equipment around you that you can have. I know it's not fun to spend $$$$ on that when you can get another 5 MPH or .1 second, but protect yourselves and try to examine why some of these safety rule are in place. NASCAR never used to require head and next restraints and it took the death of a legend to tighten up the safety requirements. Would you have preferred that they had done that earlier - so we could enjoy watching Dale Earnhart race? I know his family would have preferred if he had been "forced" to wear a safety device that MAY have saved his life - even if he had b!tched about it the entire time.

Janni "Mother Hen" Cone

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21