VIPAIR™ Dyno Results on 99 RT 16 RWHP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: VIPAIR™ Dyno Results on 99 RT 16 RWHP!!

"Better tell the GTSR Race teams that they did it all wrong too! Just think all the championships they could have won if they had known!!"

How disappointing, I thought you might have posted to let me know some way that Vipair can bring in air that is cooler than outside air.

Without getting sidetracked,
Please tell me what benefit can be derived by using Vipair if the intake air is already at outside air temperature without Vipair?

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just in case someone might have missed it,
FE065 did temperature measurements on the intake air vs. the outside air temperature.
He found that, without Vipair, the air going into the airbox was the same temperature as the outside air.

I'm waiting for the Vipair guys to tell us how Vipair can improve on that.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Edmondton,
I'm sorry you are so upset. Please understand, I don't want to make you folks angry.

Let's not get sidetracked on the dyno tests right now. We can talk about that when we get some new data from Russ.

Right now we have some new data from FE065 that is very interesting.

The theory of operation for Vipair is that it brings in air that is not heated by the radiator or engine.

The FE065 intake air temperature test results show that without Vipair, the intake air is the same temperature as the outside air.

Please tell me how Vipair can improve on that?

As for,
"JOKE117 APPROVED TESTING METHODS!"
You said you are looking for a car to do intake air temperature testing.
How do you plan to take these measurements?
Do you plan to do it in some way other than the test done by FE065?
Where's the joke?

I'd like to talk about these technical issues without any name calling. How about sticking to the technical side of this.

JOE,

I would actually do the testing with and without the device itself.

"Let's not get sidetracked on dyno results"!! Are you for real Joe, this thread is named VIPAIR™ DYNO RESULTS on 99 RT 16 RWHP

not

VIPAIR™ READS AIR TEMP AT LESS THAN AMBIENT, Joe lets stay on track here.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

How disappointing, I thought you might have posted to let me know some way that Vipair can bring in air that is cooler than outside air.

Please tell me what benefit can be derived by using Vipair if the intake air is already at outside air temperature without Vipair?

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

At last count those that bought Vipair have not returned it to get their money back because they were dissatisfied and those that got the first Vipair are getting the new, improved model Vipair for free and yet some people are upset with this? Get a life people! Or get a Vipair and be happy!

I don't have a Vipair.

Yet.

But I do have a life.

Now and after I get my Vipair.

ALL RIGHT KENNY!

Actually the Version 1 users got their V2 VIPAIR™ a month or two ago and we have yet to get one back!

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dang,

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dang,

JOE117,

This test was not done with a VIPAIR™ it was done without a VIPAIR, GET IT NOW JOE!!!

Talk about not even a double blind test like you recommended earlier!

Benefits, power, more power the higher the RPM, I think that the dyno graph proves that doesn't it Joe? :eek:

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Eddy,

Maybe you can refresh us on the theory of how the Vipair works and makes more power. I thought it was a reduced inlet air temperature.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well Vipah,

First you have to have a VIPAIR™ in order to test it and let's see... you can't afford one and Joe can't use one. So you both want to try to cloud the issue that it does work as proved on a dyno and you both want to come up with all sorts of reasons why it shouldn't work. Well I would hate to break it to both of you but similar devices produce power on all other types of cars as well.

I had a call from an owner of a large Mustang Tuner shop who had heard about a couple of morons on the viper site who claimed that cold air kits don't work , a pretty funny conversation ensued.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes Edmonton, I too thought that Vipair was supposed to bring in air at outside air temperature.

When FE065 did the measurement, he found that the intake air temperature was already at outside air temperature without Vipair.

If he had a Vipair to test, what would the temperature of the intake air be?

I don't think it's logical to dismiss his results because he didn't test with and without Vipair.

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Poor Eddy,

Once again you seem to be very very very confused and in denial. No one has said cold air kits don't work.

Looking at your post it appears that you are in 100% agreement that the theory behind the Vipair is that it allows cooler air to flow into the induction system.

Can you at least confirm that that is your theory? Or do you want to cloud the issue?

And the only dyno results that have been done correctly and scientifically have PROVED NO PERFORMANCE INCREASE WITH THE VIPAIR.

:usa: :usa: :2tu:

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I did some temp testing Sunday. Ambient was about 56deg.

I placed a remote temp pickup in the mouth of the airbox, and the main unit was in the car with me.

Inlet air temp variance at 50 mph? 2 degrees!

With or without the OEM access panel in place, inlet air temps stayed between 56-58deg. :usa:

What was the temp difference at all other speeds Joe?
What was it at 30mph, 40Mph etc?
What type of device was used as a temp sensor?
Was all this data logged or subject to human error, was there a passenger who wrote down the temperatures or the driver glancing as he drove 50 mph?
Was a VIPAIR™ used in this test or not Joe?
Why wasn't the temp sensor put in the airbox JOE?
Where in the mouth of the airbox was the temp sensor put JOE?
Was it put in the center JOE?

Do you really expect me to comment on testing done by someone with all these questions and more unanswered, when the test wasn't even done with my device? Joe sometimes you awe me with your intelligence and sometimes you just make me shake my head!

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What were their claims?

"an increase of about 16 RWHP and 16 RWTQ"

"While this result was exciting the best part was the drive home as the car felt like it had picked up an extra 50 RWHP, all the extra cold air was doing its job."

"This product will really win bragging rights on the track in MPH results,once you channel 100mph airflow properly great things happen"

"Plain and simple this product provides a pressurized path of air flow directly to your motor,the faster you go the better it flows"

"we are not saying we are dropping temps more than ambiant air.What makes this work is not air temp but air flow.We are providing a path of positive air flow"

"The VIPAIR™ actually allows your car to breath in cold pressurized air from in front of the radiator."

"It has been said and proven long ago that ram air on a vipair oops viper is a fruitless effort"

That's some of what they said.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Poor Eddy,

Once again you seem to be very very very confused and in denial. No one has said cold air kits don't work.

Looking at your post it appears that you are in 100% agreement that the theory behind the Vipair is that it allows cooler air to flow into the induction system.

Can you at least confirm that that is your theory? Or do you want to cloud the issue?

And the only dyno results that have been done correctly and scientifically have PROVED NO PERFORMANCE INCREASE WITH THE VIPAIR.

VIPAH, oh great beanie brain surgeon, How where the other dyno tests not done scientifically or correctly?

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Poor Eddy,

OH, And VIPAH, When Kenne Bell industries tests their cold air systems they don't direct a fan onto the fender from under the car they just blow the fan at the front of the car!

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I guess all your questions about exactly how the temperature testing was done are designed to deny the credibility of the test.
Let's agree that his tests are but one set of data points. His data should be suspect until it is corroborated by further testing.

Now, with that out of the way,
Let's try to agree on one thing.

If someone does on the road temperature testing and they find that the airbox temperature is the same as the outside air temperature, with and without Vipair.
Will that prove that Vipair has no effect on the temperature of the air going into the engine?

That's a simple question.

Oh, let me help you out with another thing.
Finish this sentence. Joe is a _____________.

No matter what you enter in that blank, it still doesn't change the science that we are talking about.
It doesn't make your product work any better or worse.

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Now we may be getting somewhere...

If FE065's numbers are correct they suggest there is no way to get "better" air into the intake because the air flowing through the factory setup is the same temperature as the outside air. Since most of us seem to agree that there will be no significant "ram air" effect and the power gains caused by the Vipair will be from a decrease in air temp, if these recorded temps are correct it would suggest no real world gain from the product.

Now someone should back these temp claims up. Maybe a viper club could get a couple of guys together and test a stock car to see if there is any difference in outside temp vs. air inlet temp. If they are the same then it seems like there is no room for the vipair to improve the air intake, at least from my perspective.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes, it look's like the best we can say right now is that the jury is out on this device.

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score

lol. I swear VIPAIR could lift the car into orbit and poor VIPAIR would still have its detractors.

GO VIPAIR!!!

tm

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

OutThere,

I think you meant to say:

"I swear VIPAIR testing could conclude no performance value and VIPAIR would still have its supporters"

Which is pretty much what PT Barnum concluded many years ago.

:D :usa: :headbang:

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

WOW!!!!! This is amasing,months ago we came out with a new airbox design which is what kicked the vipair off.as said before we were getting great benefits from this system and decided to make it affordable and made to fit the factory airbox.The irony here is the"Vipermed Airbox" as done great and continues to sell at many times the price of this.Not trying to cut the throat of the complete system but why did it not come under such scrutiny????????......And yes Ronnie you are correct about spagetti sauce and chrome. :D

Viperoctane

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Vipermed,
Do you mind sending me one of those vipair with my order. I ll call you soon :> Thank you for the great customer service and excellent products :headbang:

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"Vipermed Airbox" as done great and continues to sell at many times the price"

I see, this marketing breakthrough is scientific proof of performance gain.

"new airbox design which is what kicked the vipair off.as said before we were getting great benefits from this system"

What test data do you have to prove the value of your airbox?

Look Guys, making an airbox or a deflector that gains hp on a dyno doesn't really cross over to making gains in the real, on the road world.

You haven't shown any proof of any gains on the road. In fact, independent test data shows,
no gain in SOTP feel,
No increase in pressure in the airbox,
No difference in outside air temp vs. intake air temp with a stock intake.
No increase in dyno numbers.

All I see from you guys is an attack on anyone who look's at the independent data available and says there is no advantage in having your product.

You are selling an inexpensive device that makes claims that are not backed up by anything other than your dyno data.
I think your product is not so expensive that anyone would go to the trouble of returning it for a refund even if they saw no increase in performance.

Your claims of 100% customer satisfaction are based on people not returning it to you.
That doesn't mean that they think it makes power.
It only means that they are not going to go to the trouble of taking it off and sending it back.

Face it guys. You have nothing to prove it works. Your detractors have real data that shows it doesn't work.

What have you got? let's see it. Please don't come up with the old dyno sheets. Russ did dyno tests that show no gain at all.
You went to market with this thing with no R&D oter than asking people to try it out and tell you what they think.

It's time you cut the crap and come up with the kind of proof that will convince someone other than the guys who already have one bolted on.

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I just wanna contribute to perhaps the longest thread in my time at .org.......

long live Vipair.

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good night Frank.

Good night Elizabeth.

Good night John Boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.