VIPER ALLEY. A Poll ... Please Vote!

OP
OP
S

Serious Eric

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to bore with yet more Alley spam, but recent conversations with The Man have made it clear to me that our current proposal will not fly as is. The
sticking point is the level of restriction for entry to the site. The board is extremely concerned about keeping the Alley discrete and closed off from
minors and the only real way to ensure this is to make it VCA only. Yeah, I hear the moans and groans from many of y'all. I share the feeling. I did not
want the Alley to go that way either. Bottom line though is it's a VCA only Alley... or none at all. On the positive side, I have been told that once it's VCA only entry, we can probably enjoy more freedom in there than we were originally contemplating. In a secure site we can rumble and get wild with
less censorship.

I hate like hell to change directions with this proposal seemingly in midstream. Smacks of bait and switch, but that's not the case. This is simply an
evolving idea. I was about to the point of throwing in the towel and saying screw it - that's too much of a mutation from what we originally wanted, but a
number of Alley supporters have convinced me that it would still be worthwhile in VCA-only form. Think of it as a good first step, a toe in the door from
which we can continue to grow the concept and push for changes in the rules.

I want to be democratic about this, so I throw the idea out to the public to see how y'all take it.

Asbestos underwear on.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Based on Eric's alteration from the initial plan, I will change my vote to yes. Smoke or Trey, please make the adjustment. And Eric, I think you have made a great decision that will go a long way towards improving this site for members who want this section and for members who want to see this type of conversation removed from any particular area. My hats off to you!

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will make a separate posts alerting members to this change. This will have to do until a decision is made on whether a new poll is necessary.

CAP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eric Schieve:
I hate like hell to change directions with this proposal seemingly in midstream. Smacks of bait and switch, but that's not the case. This is simply an evolving idea. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I expected corrections. At least we got the ball rolling and are now at the point where the concept is being fleshed out in reality.

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sport350 jiml thanks for voting. Jiml I counted your vote as non-VCA (even though you are soon to be vca..sorry. But I think I would be criticized for couting you otherwise).

Steve Fergusen, Janni, I have changed your votes to yes.

the current tally is as follows:
VCA For Dark Viper Alley: 49
VCA Against Dark Viper Alley: 7
Overall (Including Non-VCA Members): 64 For, 7 against

Remember there are Recent Changes to the original proposal and read the other thread in this forum for details.

Tell a friend to vote!

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rob, the section under vote would be a place to "stretch the boundaries" of the current board, while keeping the current board as intended, which is as a place for ANYONE in search of Viper information can go and get answers!

OP
OP
S

Serious Eric

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rob:
I am new to the site and don't want to ruffle any feathers (I'll wait a couple of weeks for that). I am in the process of buying a 2000 Viper and have found this web site the most useful when it came to information on purchasing a used Viper. I have no problem with a dark alley, and if that is what the majority wants then it should be so. However, when I came to the website a lot of that useful information that I found came from members that do not currently own these incredible machines and as such are not VCA members. Some of these individuals have been a part of this site for over 2 years and have become a real part of this group. I propose that if a dark alley is brought forth, that any one with at least 1 year of membership on this site(or a time frame that is agreed upon by the majority), be allowed to join this dark alley group by some sort of membership through the web site. This will prevent individuals that are not interested in the Viper from just showing up to join in on the fun at the alley, and would allow the people that have a true love of this autombile (but can't afford it or waiting for the right one) to become part of the action with their fellow members. I have not figured out the logistics of this, but it would seem this would be a fair answer to those who have the dreams, but not the means.
Just my .02
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the suggestion. That's a very good idea. Perhaps these sorts of caveats can be attached to our proposal. Not as deal breaking core elements, but as possible variants and alternatives for the board to consider when making their decision. There are a number of folks around here like Craig, Gerald (You're still not VCA right Gerald?) and others who have been useful contributors for a loooong time and whose identities are well known. Perhaps an exemption for such board participants of long standing? Just something to consider as a rider to the main proposal.

DC VENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do it. . Would be happy to host the R-rated forum myself.The PG-13 one suggested is a good step in the right direction
nuff said...
MK

Black SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eric Schieve wrote:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Bottom line though is it's a VCA only Alley... or none at all. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you'll sell your friends down the river for the sake of having your own private area??? Let's see......you need to own a Viper to be a member of the VCA, and only VCA members are allowed entry. Why don't you just call it the Country Club?

This proposal, as it is currently constituted, is a piece of crap. Change my vote back to a "NO" and I'll save myself the $100 next year.

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Im in Vegas waiting for the Fool, Don and others, so im not couting votes for a while. Someone else take over!!!! Trey? Eric? I think Rick Martinos vote is the only one that changed...check.....and add a few more to YES!!!

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Strong words Rick! I like your attitude. Let's not be weenies here. I'm a long-time VCA member and I think that non-members and non-Viper owners add value and vibrance to our website. We need to keep it inclusive and not so exclusive. Seems to me like age limitation should be the primary hurdle.

Membership has its privileges and I certainly value mine, but Viper Alley VCA-only is unappealing. Self-moderation of the Alley should also apply to trolls and non-VCA Viper owners. If they can't play by loosened rules, ban 'em!

OP
OP
S

Serious Eric

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rick Martino:
Eric Schieve wrote:

So you'll sell your friends down the river for the sake of having your own private area??? Let's see......you need to own a Viper to be a member of the VCA, and only VCA members are allowed entry. Why don't you just call it the Country Club?

This proposal, as it is currently constituted, is a piece of crap. Change my vote back to a "NO" and I'll save myself the $100 next year.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ouch. Not selling anything. Just trying to ***** through a forest of opinions to maybe create something that could be fun. I understand how you feel. If enough people feel as strongly as you do then it's outta here.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forget about it.There are plenty of places to go on the net for off-color conversations,cars and *****.The VCA need not be one of them. Bruce

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotta love the tree fort mentality in this. I can see how this is being supported by the "uppers" as they know that a VCA only alley will in all likeness fail badly as members become bored with it as it will become one dimensional and uninteresting because who in a tight knit group is going to stir it up? They don't want this anyway and will pull the "we told you so" like a ***** little girl when it's all said and done.

I guess it strikes a personal note with me as I have been active in the online viper community since it was a mailing list and then the old BBS. I am a former VCA member #07027 (1997) As I said before I cannot justify what it would cost me (in CDN $$) to join, and then what would be the point, I'm still not an owner, just a ******** enthusiast who loves this car to death. This is just gonna break up the board.

Viper 8 R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SMOKIN VEE TEN: Count another YES vote for Dark Viper Alley, either w/ or w/o VCA-only conditions (regardless). Janni is right,mof course, there SHOULD be a VCA-ONLY venue, IMHO. Thanks for askin'......

No Smilies this time!

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a little late to the party, but I'm in for sure.

Then we can start swapping lady stories in true unaltered form, piece by piece.......
smile.gif

VCA guy that's in, kill section too, I don't feel it would degrade to crud like some of the links posted in the other thread. Non-VCA should be able to get in thru some type of application that maybe could be reviewed before approved?

If it ends up VCA Craig, you better buck up a few hours of the steel mill for the cause to represent us few and far between Canadians!

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VOTE!!!! KEEP ON VOTING!!! NOTE THE CHANGES TO THE ORIGINAL PROPOSAL BUT VOTE!!! VOTE!!!! KEEP ON VOTING!!! NOTE THE CHANGES TO THE ORIGINAL PROPOSAL BUT VOTE!!! VOTE!!!! KEEP ON VOTING!!! NOTE THE CHANGES TO THE ORIGINAL PROPOSAL BUT VOTE!!! VOTE!!!! KEEP ON VOTING!!! NOTE THE CHANGES TO THE ORIGINAL PROPOSAL BUT VOTE!!! VOTE!!!! KEEP ON VOTING!!! NOTE THE CHANGES TO THE ORIGINAL PROPOSAL BUT VOTE!!! VOTE!!!! KEEP ON VOTING!!! NOTE THE CHANGES TO THE ORIGINAL PROPOSAL BUT VOTE!!! VOTE!!!! KEEP ON VOTING!!! NOTE THE CHANGES TO THE ORIGINAL PROPOSAL BUT VOTE!!! VOTE!!!! KEEP ON VOTING!!! NOTE THE CHANGES TO THE ORIGINAL PROPOSAL BUT VOTE!!! VOTE!!!! KEEP ON VOTING!!! NOTE THE CHANGES TO THE ORIGINAL PROPOSAL BUT VOTE!!! VOTE!!!! KEEP ON VOTING!!! NOTE THE CHANGES TO THE ORIGINAL PROPOSAL BUT VOTE!!! VOTE!!!! KEEP ON VOTING!!! NOTE THE CHANGES TO THE ORIGINAL PROPOSAL BUT VOTE!!! VOTE!!!! KEEP ON VOTING!!! NOTE THE CHANGES TO THE ORIGINAL PROPOSAL BUT VOTE!!! VOTE!!!! KEEP ON VOTING!!! NOTE THE CHANGES TO THE ORIGINAL PROPOSAL BUT VOTE!!! VOTE!!!! KEEP ON VOTING!!! NOTE THE CHANGES TO THE ORIGINAL PROPOSAL BUT VOTE!!! VOTE!!!! KEEP ON VOTING!!! NOTE THE CHANGES TO THE ORIGINAL PROPOSAL BUT VOTE!!! VOTE!!!! KEEP ON VOTING!!! NOTE THE CHANGES TO THE ORIGINAL PROPOSAL BUT VOTE!!! VOTE!!!! KEEP ON VOTING!!! NOTE THE CHANGES TO THE ORIGINAL PROPOSAL BUT VOTE!!!

OP
OP
S

Serious Eric

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dean I need confirmation that you are changing your vote to NO. Rick Martino has also changed his vote to NO. TTbadboy are you VCA? I will add you to the total numbers but not into the VCA column yet. Bigfoot I need to know if you are VCA or not. I will add your NO vote to the totals column.

VCA For Dark Viper Alley: 55
VCA Against Dark Viper Alley: 9
Overall (Including Non-VCA Members): 72 For, 10 against

Remember there are Recent Changes to the original proposal and read the other thread in this forum for details.

Tell a friend to vote!

OP
OP
S

Serious Eric

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pulling over +3 VCA(YES) from the other thread on this forum and +1 Non-VCA(YES) and a YES from JayH (uncertain membership).

VCA For Dark Viper Alley: 58
VCA Against Dark Viper Alley: 9
Overall (Including Non-VCA Members): 77 For, 10 against